twenty pound somethings week #9

Options

Replies

• cassangelidy
    Options
    Hmmm.....I am getting cable this weekend...I wonder if we will have ondemand?!?! I would totally check it out. I LOOOOOOOOVE me some Jillian!!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    cassidy there is a biggest loser chanlenge in the motivation section. we weigh in on tuesday or wednesday mornigs and there are 3 groups. one person is managing the whole thing. we just started week 4 to be going through the whole time the show is on. it starts next week. DH bought me the BL dvd (i think their second one) cardio max for my b-day. i really like it.
    chipper
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    hmmm....perhaps I'll have to hook into that challenge!! I love that show!! And we are getting TV back just in time for it to start!! YEAH!!!! We got rid of tv about 6 months ago to save money, now that we have paid off *most* of out debt, we are getting it back. :)

Maybe I'll actually be motivated to lose weight like those on tv, this time...:laugh:

I'm really wanting to start running again and this sister can't run with so much weight...I have a bad knee and the extra weight is really hard on it.

Question of the day....where are you ladies from?

I'm from a city about 15 miles North of Seattle. :)
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yippeee!!!!! Fab Five (or Six) sounds good to me! We will see who all is still in by the end. I'm hoping we ALL are. And yes...cassidy...please join us! 43 pounds...you can totally do it! I may possible adjust once I hit my goal and lose a little more, but it puts me at a number I had stayed at in the past so is why I chose it. But we'll just see how it goes!

LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    well DD joined up and had asked to be my friend. i sent a mssg to her to join. she hasn't introduced herself yet as a new comer.
    she is nellienell12
    glad to see her.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Kristin, I was thinking about that too - not wanting to just dissolve our group after going through this all together and getting to know each other! I think a holidays challenge is a great idea! Maybe we can do a "Fab Six" 6 week challenge between this one and the holidays so that the holiday challenge is more independent? We can discuss.

Well, I'm off!

Chipper, I know what you mean by mind work. Glad she's trying and hopefully she can stick with it!!

:bigsmile:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey all!

What a day man!! Got sideswiped by another driver today after I picked up my daughter from school..Noone was hurt but it sucks nontheless! Scared my daughter bad, but she is fine now! My lower back started hurting about an hour after the accident but I havent went to the doctor yet... It could be from the exercise today so I dont want to jump to any conclusions for a few days. Blah!

So anyway, foodwise today:
    bfast: egg white omelet with turkey, provolone, jalapenos and some bell peppers and fiber one cereal with skim milk
    snack: 100 cal pack almonds and a skinny caramel latte from Starbucks (I was studying with a friend at starbucks and decided that could be part of my snack!)
    lunch: kashi granola bar honey almond flax
    snack: fiber water mix
    dinner: 2 crunchy tacos with salsa and jalapenos and chz

exercise: did 30 min on treadmill and 30 min on elliptical...may do shred dvd level 1 in a few minutes. Last night I did shred level 1 and level 2 as well! Lovin it though she works your tail off!!

So I put up some pics guys check em out..

Kristin- I think another challenge is a great idea!! This group really helps me stay motivated with checking in and all you guys' support!!

Love the new pic Pedal, you look GREAT!!!!

Everyone is doing so great with this challenge, thats awesome!!

Well Im off here for now, may check back later or just sometime tomorrow!!

:heart: :flowerforyou:

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • chipper15173
    Options
    WOW katyk you can really see a difference.....congrats.
    i hope your back feels better. i would go to the doctor anyway. you can never tell about whiplash. my DD has had so many times. we were told that once you have it, it's easy to get it again just by whipping your head around wrong. so be careful.
    chipper
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Thanks chipper :)

Yea i am going to be careful, but I believe I may have to go to the doctor in the morning..my neck is starting to get stiff and sore and my lowerback pain is returning since the ibuprofen I took earlier is wearing off!

I decided not to do shred dvd tonight so I dont further bother my lower back and neck and maybe they wont be so sore in the morning!
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    im not sure if im ever going to lose weight. i weigh 184 pounds. i hate my body. everything about my body. i dont even know why my boyfriend is with me. he thinks im beautiful. i think hes crazy. theres nothin special about me. i used to be almost in the 150s till i started eating more fast food with him. now it wont go anywhere but up. i can't even fit into my cheerleading uniform. i just dont know what to do. its to a point where i can't even tell him how i feel because he gets mad at what i say about myself. i just wish i was pretty and wish i was thin. ive decided to eat only very little each meal. today i ate less than 1000 calories. im kinda surprised i did but happy.

any thoughts????
  • kistinbee
    Options
    im not sure if im ever going to lose weight. i weigh 184 pounds. i hate my body. everything about my body. i dont even know why my boyfriend is with me. he thinks im beautiful. i think hes crazy. theres nothin special about me. i used to be almost in the 150s till i started eating more fast food with him. now it wont go anywhere but up. i can't even fit into my cheerleading uniform. i just dont know what to do. its to a point where i can't even tell him how i feel because he gets mad at what i say about myself. i just wish i was pretty and wish i was thin. ive decided to eat only very little each meal. today i ate less than 1000 calories. im kinda surprised i did but happy.

any thoughts????

Lobsterchick...do NOT starve yourself! This will NOT help you lose weight! Maybe temporarily, but in the long run, not at all! 184 pounds...no biggie! I was 184 pounds when I started here in November 2007. I lost 20 pounds and then fell off the wagon. Gained back 10 and once my husband and I had our 1 year anniversary, I decided it was time to get back to it. So, started back here July 8th this year and have lost 9 pounds so far. I'm accepting all the obstacles that I face knowing that they are just part of life and that I am making a Life-long change...for my body and my mind! You can do this! It takes time though...no overnight results! You need to learn to LOVE your body as your boyfriend does...he is seeing something you aren't right now. And that is what you need to find...acceptance and love for yourself...ALL of you. This makes a HUGE difference in success...it did for me! I have learned to accept and love myself the way I am and know that there are going to be tough times and small gains, but in the long run I am helping myself! You need to find motivation and strength and then just do it! And this site is great for support and motivation. Check our lots of the other threads on this site...there are so many wonderful people who share their challenges and successes and it helps make this process much easier. YOU CAN DO IT! I have faith!:flowerforyou: Best of luck to you!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well girls! Here's how the HRM did for my classes at the gym:

45 minute step class...normally calculated 503 calories. Actually 524 calories! Yay!

15 minute Ab workout...normally figured 69 calories. Actually 73 calories!

So...both are fairly close which makes me happy! But...I'm VERY sad to report that I went over on calories today by about 50. :sad: I had extra of the soup I made thinking it was fewer calories than it actually was, then had a 100 cal. carrot cake pack for dessert. I went to log in my dinner and I'm over!:sad: But it's okay...only by 50 calories. And yesterday I had like 400 extra, so I won't cry too hard!:wink:

So...Pedalhound suggested a 6 week challenge after this one and before the holidays...I'm totally in! I think we can set some great goals before seeing family and friends for the holidays! I know I'd love for them to notice!:wink: And then we can have a holiday challenge following! Can I get a whoot whoot!!

Katy...you look FAB! I can't believe you were in an accident though! I'm so glad you're okay. Keep my posted with the back though...hope it's nothing too serious!:flowerforyou:

Chipper...I'm so glad your daughter joined! I'll send her a hello!!

Well my friends, it's dishes and then bed for me! Have a wonderful night and I'll check back tomorrow!!

Much :heart:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning ladies! Here's the plan for today:

Breakfast:
    1 single pack cinnamon roll oatmeal, 1 med. banana, 8 oz. PlumSmart lite juice, 1 multivitamin.

AM Snack:
    2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. sugar-free vanilla caramel creamer, 1 sof-baked Kashi TLC wild strawberry bar.

Lunch:
    Lender whole wheat bagel with 2 tbspp. fat free cream cheese, 14 baby carrots, AE YoLite yogurt, diet coke.

Afternoon snacks:
    1 med. apple, 100 cal. pack almonds, 1 Kashi TLC Honey Almond Flax granola bar.

Dinner:
    Chicken---either HomeMade Almond Crusted chicken fingers with red potato fries OR HomeMade Chicken fajita stir fry. I haven't decided yet but I'll probably pair up either with a garden salad and spritzer dressing.

PM Snack:
    Depends on calories remaining.

Exercise plan--1/2 hour run on treadmill, 1 hour BodyPump.

So...today should be a good day. No obstacles that I can foresee. Hope you ladies have a good morning and I'll check back a little later!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    had a great day yesturday. and today there is nothing on the books. i already did workout, so that's out of the way. i think i am making sweet and sour chicken for dinner.
    i am in for the holiday 6 weeker.
    got to answer an email be back later.
    chipper
    oh, kat hope the back is doing better today.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Good day everyone! I had a small triumph yesterday which felt great. I had some organic dark chocolate almonds in the afternoon so I eliminated the bread & hummus from my supper. After my kiddos went to bed my husband and I watched a movie but I didn't put one bite of food into me between supper and bed :happy: And my husband was snacking on tempting things all through the movie! Yay.

So, for whatever reason it seems that my body is in a cycle (has pretty much always been) where my weight drops on Wednesdays and Thursdays then hovers until the next Wednesday. I won't change yesterday's check-in but it would add another 1.2lbs to my loss... weird. Anyway, down is always better than up!

Katy, take it easy and I'm so glad you're okay!

Chipper, I love working out in the morning - feels so good for the whole day! I have my advanced step class tonight which will be fun.

Food is:

1: egg white omlette w/ spinach & cheese, vanilla protein shake, gala apple
    2: whole wheat wrap w/ peanut butter & banana, mango peach blueberry fruit salad, bran bites
    3: red pepper slices, cashews, spinach salad
    4: vanilla protein shake (after work out)
    5: carrot ginger soup, Ezekiel no-sodium bread w/ hummus
    6: popcorn (air-popped)

Off to the petting farm near our house then a picnic in the park! Lovely weather we're getting right now!!

... ahhh! I'm ONE POUND away from my half way point. I will be SO excited if I get there this week... I bought myself a gift certificate for a hair cut so that when I go I don't feel like I'm paying for it :laugh: That's my half way point reward. Nothing drastic, just getting the back cut and styled. Wow. 1 more lb..... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Wooohooo Pedalhound! You'll totally lose that one pound this week! I'm excited for you! And good job last night with the snacking (or lack there of). I'm just at work, trying to get through the day. I'll check back in a bit!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Ooooo! I've been doing some thinking! So...we will have our final weigh in for this challenge on October 14th. That same day, I will start a new thread and kick off on a new challenge: "Sexy in Six" a six week challenge with a final weigh in on November 25th (the Tuesday before Thanksgiving)! I am super excited! After that we can start some sort of Holiday challenge that will take us through the holidays! (I believe it's another 6 weeks to get us through to the first week of January! But we can think about the Holiday one closer to. I am VERY excited!!! I think the Sexy in Six Challenge will be a GREAT jump start to the holidays and we can really push and motivate each other to looking our best before seeing family and friends! Let me know what you guys think!
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I am struggling to drink enough water again and find my hunger has been increasing. I have been eating closer to 1500-1600 cals. the last couple days including today, since I have been so hungry. I think drinking more water might be the key. What do you think?

Kristen,
    Sexy in six sounds like it will probably get a lot of attention and a lot of newbies. I am excited about it. It will be good to have a jump start just before the holidays.

Pedalhound,
    Good going on not being tempted by your husbands goodies:happy:

Katy,

Glad your ok. I would go & get checked out now, so if there is a problem associated with the accident it will be covered under the auto insurance policy.

Today:
    1: cinnaon raisin english muffin w/ smart start & 4 oz, O.J.
    2: banana & natural peanut butter
    3: homemade chicken enchilada
    4:apple
    5: angelhair pasta 1/3 c. spaghetti sauce & chicken breast
    6: skim milk & fiber one bar

Exercise: 1 hour workout at CC.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Ooooo! I've been doing some thinking! So...we will have our final weigh in for this challenge on October 14th. That same day, I will start a new thread and kick off on a new challenge: "Sexy in Six" a six week challenge with a final weigh in on November 25th (the Tuesday before Thanksgiving)! I am super excited! After that we can start some sort of Holiday challenge that will take us through the holidays! (I believe it's another 6 weeks to get us through to the first week of January! But we can think about the Holiday one closer to. I am VERY excited!!! I think the Sexy in Six Challenge will be a GREAT jump start to the holidays and we can really push and motivate each other to looking our best before seeing family and friends! Let me know what you guys think!

LOVE it K :bigsmile: I'm excited too. And I think that slightly shorter challenges versus slightly longer challenges work well (for me anyway) because there feels like less room for slacking off.. less time to make up for it. I'll have thanksgiving during our next challenge (since ours is the 2nd week of October in Canada) but it's not a huge holiday for me food-wise since we don't have family here. I'll made a turkey dinner but nothing fancy that will kill my calories.
    I'm also really excited about having more challenges to look forward to. And last night, I was thinking that on our next challenge we should maybe work with a % amount of weight rather than a number. If one has dozens of lbs to lose and one has only 20 or so, assigning a goal NUMBER can be really counter-productive. It makes a lot more sense to work with body weight percentages because it's more personalized and much more attainable. This is something I'm taking from my personal training education. That way no one feels like they're failing when really their body may be going at the same percentage of loss as someone who pulls bigger numbers. Let me know :glasses:

Well, off we go! Talk to you guys later!

Deb: drinking water may be a big key, but also make sure you're getting really high-quality calories. That's a HUGE key when your cals are pretty low as far as daily net limit goes. If you're hungry make sure you're not having things like energy bars or any kind of junk.. just eat real, basic food. Also when you first reduce your calories, even by a couple dozen, it can take a week to adjust.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Yay! I'm excited! I don't know much about percent. But we can do that also. You'd just have to explain how we figure this. But I'm game! And I totally forgot about Canadian Thanksgiving (and I'm a Canadian citizen, permanent resident in the States!) Can't believe I forgot! But...if it's no biggie to you than that's great! I just want to make sure to get through the holidays and know HOW to get through them! And I really think support from you guys will help. Yeah...I'm sure some others will join and eventually some will drop off...that's how these challenges always are...but we can be the backbone that sticks through it! Are you ladies in for THAT challenge? Sticking with it until the end! I would love to share the excitement of acheiving our goal together! Yes...some of us will reach it first, but I would love to continue to share every step of the process with you! And then continue so that we can make it through maintenence! Pedal, Katy, Chipper, Deb, Cassidy...you IN?

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!