P90X Classic Starting June 6th, Who's in?

Options

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    So has anyone else looked at the nutrition plan and put it into MFP? it puts everyone into three catagories and has you eating either 1800, 2400, or 3000 calories a day. when i put that number into MFP it said i will gain about half a pound a week. is this correct? should i be following the calories and % from P90X or should i use them as a guideline and stick to what MFP says i will lose weight with?

any thoughts?

MFP's goal says x + your exercise calories the 1800 on P90X already takes that into account. So if you burn 400 calories doing the workouts than your MFP goal would be 1400 (1800-400) but once you add calories burned in you should be at 1800, which would be 1400 Net calories. So what you need to do is find out the average amount you burn during these workouts and back that out from the 1800, and use than new number as you MFP goal, then when you workout you will eat about 1800 cals on those days.
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    So has anyone else looked at the nutrition plan and put it into MFP? it puts everyone into three catagories and has you eating either 1800, 2400, or 3000 calories a day. when i put that number into MFP it said i will gain about half a pound a week. is this correct? should i be following the calories and % from P90X or should i use them as a guideline and stick to what MFP says i will lose weight with?

any thoughts?

MFP's goal says x + your exercise calories the 1800 on P90X already takes that into account. So if you burn 400 calories doing the workouts than your MFP goal would be 1400 (1800-400) but once you add calories burned in you should be at 1800, which would be 1400 Net calories. So what you need to do is find out the average amount you burn during these workouts and back that out from the 1800, and use than new number as you MFP goal, then when you workout you will eat about 1800 cals on those days.

so what your saying is that the number from the p90x nutrition guide, mine is 2400, needs to be my my total and not my net? is im burning an average of 500 calories per workout my MFP goal needs to be 1900 right?
  • youmeus
    youmeus Posts: 12
    Options
    @ erickirb,

similar questions...hope you can help. So i went up to beach body.com plugged in my stats and got 3199 as the amount of cal I need to eat ( I'm 6'2" @ 220lb age 36)

What I want to know is...this number is what you use as your daily food intake or do you have to minus/plus part from your daily workout?

Sorry if it seems like a silly questions but the numbers are really getting confusing as you read so many different things.

Anyway, thanks for any help from anyone

cheers
  • erickirb
    Options
    @ erickirb,

similar questions...hope you can help. So i went up to beach body.com plugged in my stats and got 3199 as the amount of cal I need to eat ( I'm 6'2" @ 220lb age 36)

What I want to know is...this number is what you use as your daily food intake or do you have to minus/plus part from your daily workout?

Sorry if it seems like a silly questions but the numbers are really getting confusing as you read so many different things.

cheers

These number I beleive are to maintain as well not to lose weight. so ifyou want to figure your pre-workout goal to maintain according to P90X guide, would be to take the 3200, and minus the amount you burn, so if you average 700 cals/workout, your maintenance on P90X would be 2500 plus eat back what you burn, for a total of 3200. If you want to lose 1 lb/week you would have an MFP goal of 2000 (2500-500), and you would eat 2000 plus what you burn, so using my example above you would eat 2700 (2000+700) to lose 1 lb/week. hope this helps.
  • erickirb
    Options

any thoughts?

so what your saying is that the number from the p90x nutrition guide, mine is 2400, needs to be my my total and not my net? is im burning an average of 500 calories per workout my MFP goal needs to be 1900 right?

Yes, and if your goal is to lose 1 lb/week you would go 500 cals lower to 1400 plus eat back what you burn. SO 1900 plus burned calories would be enough for you to maintain on P90X but to lose you would have to eat 1400 plus the 500 you burn. So for a 1 lb/week lose you would eat 1900 calories (1400+500 from exercise)
  • youmeus
    Options
    Ok...So ill be the first to share some pics...this is before and after for today's workout (of course just for fun...cause you cant really see any difference) legs and back...will try ab ripper x later :(

Workout completed and feeling good...ohhh I learned that my workouts goes better for me in the morning instead of late afternoon after work....so I will need to wake up earlier on mornings and get my stuff done before heading out...FUN :(

1642245_6807.jpg
  • youmeus
    Options
    @ erickirb,

cheers

These number I beleive are to maintain as well not to lose weight. so ifyou want to figure your pre-workout goal to maintain according to P90X guide, would be to take the 3200, and minus the amount you burn, so if you average 700 cals/workout, your maintenance on P90X would be 2500 plus eat back what you burn, for a total of 3200. If you want to lose 1 lb/week you would have an MFP goal of 2000 (2500-500), and you would eat 2000 plus what you burn, so using my example above you would eat 2700 (2000+700) to lose 1 lb/week. hope this helps.

THANKS erickirb..this helps!

Cheers
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone here that needs a P90X Workout Buddy via Skype or Oovoo? If you have accountability issues...like myself......virtual workout partners is the next best thing :-) If interested let me know. I have both P90X and P90X Plus :-)
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Here is a direct link to the BeachBody message boards for those who would like to know the macro breakdowns to manually adjust MFP's settings. It does a good job of explaining for each phase and each calorie range. Sorry if this was posted earlier in the thread. I have been trying to keep up with the information posted.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/27419450
  • skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    Legs were hard today. I tried to really bring it all week and the scale is starting to budge - hooray! Now just need to work on those inches! Not sure what kenpo is, can't wait to find out tomorrow. Good work everyone!
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    day 5/90 is done......legs/back and ab ripper x. in the warm up my left calf muscle got tense..so when doing dead left squats , or skaters made it rough on my left side. i hung in there and did the best i could.

@skinnylizzy .....kenpo is fun, and sweaty! lol it is a combination of jabs, and kicks.
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, so i try not to jump on the scale everyday, i try to for twice a week. But it looks like Ive gained about a pound and a half. After my two weeks of not really understanding how to set MFP to what I needed to for P90X I was cramming food down my throat trying to reach my protein goal.
    Now I have a little bit better understanding of what my numbers should be I have two weeks left in phase one, I started a week before the thread.
    I can see results, slight as they are, in my arms and chest, but the resistant belly flab has not budged. Im not disapointed in what i see, just in myself for the not understanding. This just gives me a bigger reason to hit it harder.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, so i try not to jump on the scale everyday, i try to for twice a week. But it looks like Ive gained about a pound and a half. After my two weeks of not really understanding how to set MFP to what I needed to for P90X I was cramming food down my throat trying to reach my protein goal.
    Now I have a little bit better understanding of what my numbers should be I have two weeks left in phase one, I started a week before the thread.
    I can see results, slight as they are, in my arms and chest, but the resistant belly flab has not budged. Im not disapointed in what i see, just in myself for the not understanding. This just gives me a bigger reason to hit it harder.

Don't get too frustrated. The big changes hit in the 2nd phase, after your body has figured out what you're asking of it and your metabolism has really kicked into high gear. It takes a little while to get the MFP numbers straight as well. I didn't get mine dialed in until the 3rd phase. And I'm still adjusting. Keep at it.
  • jacque5321
    Options
    I'm a little late but i'm in P90X starting today. I have be weight training and cycling, order P90X but haven't started it so this is perfect for me. I just have to figure out how it works.
  • syd1980
    Options

Don't get too frustrated. The big changes hit in the 2nd phase, after your body has figured out what you're asking of it and your metabolism has really kicked into high gear. It takes a little while to get the MFP numbers straight as well. I didn't get mine dialed in until the 3rd phase. And I'm still adjusting. Keep at it.

my first round i didnt see results til the end of 2nd phase. for the first month my body had to adjust . hang in there , the results are so worth it.
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    hpygirl64ColleenLinder Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    So excited to see all of your transformations on here with p90x. I have to say I am super excited after completing two rounds of p90x I finally get to go to the Beachbody Coach Convention in L.A. and actually workout live with Tony. I've wanted to do this for 2 years and finally dream is a reality. I promise you if you keep "bringing it" every day and try to at least stay within the proper ratios of the eating plan that you will love your new rockin' strong body! FEEL FREE TO FRIEND me or better yet "like" my facebook page
    for some positive and healthy food for thought tips daily. www.facebook.com/colleenlinderfitness BRING IT GIRLS & GUYS!!
  • chazdiezal
    chazdiezal Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Finished day #1 today (chest/back) and can't wait for day 2. I managed to keep up pretty well until ab ripper x. I wasn't able to do many of the excercises so I do hope it gets better as I keep attempting to do it. Keep pressing play.
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Finished week 1! I can't say I got a lot out of kenpo - I can't figure out what to do to really make it a workout... ohwell! I had a great swim today too. Went grocery shopping today, and man, I don't think it's gonna be possible to get enough protein without a shake or bar of some sort, but all the ones I saw at the store actually had more carb than protein... weird!
  • syd1980
    Options
    Day 6/90 is done....kenpo x. this dvd flew by tonight. my son and i went and visited mamaw today. dont know what it is with older ppl always wanting to feed you. she took us out to a buffet bar, i tried my best to eat healthy. very hard at a place like that.

not going to take my rest day tomorrow , will either do cardio x or turbo jam cardio party.

wtg all, week 1 down.
  • dianalouise_lane
    Options
    Great Job to everyone's dedication and perseverance!! I completed day 5/90 today!! Man are my legs burning ...In a good way!! Can't wait for Kenpo tomorrow! It is for sure my favourite!! Feel free to friend request me and we can push eachother more closely as MFP doesn't notify you when someone makes a comment or response!!

Good Luck on your workouts tomorrow.

Diana