P90X Classic Starting June 6th, Who's in?

Options
So I've decided to do P90X classic for the summer, and I'd love some folks to go through it with me! I'm finishing the 30 day shred this friday, and I'm planning on starting P90X next Monday.

Who all is in??

Replies

• gloygirl
    gloygirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I need to get my summer going already! :-D
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wooohoo! :). What do you think about taking our before pictures, and all posting them here, and then at 30, 60, 90 we can all post pictures - to keep up with peoples progress and stuff?
  • skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    Yeah let's do it! And also yes to the before/during/after pics! I didn't do it for the 30DS and I totally wish I did!
  • gloygirl
    gloygirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! How often do you want to have check ins?
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    I'm all for the way we are doing it on the 30 day shred thread, where everyone posts when they complete a workout!

Also, especially if you guys plan on following the nutrition guidelines, I have a feeling we're going to need support with that. I've gotta tell you, my first two days of low carb have NOT been fun. I mean, I've lost weight - like 2 lbs actually, but man, I am cranky! And I need my food at very regular intervals, or else I feel insanely hungry.
  • skinnylizzy5
    Options
    Yeah low carb is HARD. I just changed my nutrition goals to be like the ones on p90x and I'm pretty far off with the carbs and protein. I tried low carb before, I have issues with sugar, and I actually really liked it once I got used to it. I found that at first I just didn't know what to eat and that was the hardest part. It helps to google search "south beach" or things like that. There are tons of blogs and lists of great ideas.

One I like: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/ but there are lots!

Guys, I can't wait!
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    Yah, I did the same thing with my nutrition goals... How many calories are you going for? I was a nutrition level 2, which they were saying meant I should be eating like 2100 calories... I upped my caloric intake from 1200 to 1400 and changed to their percentages, but I just can't imagine eating 2100 calories...

One of the cool things with it (low carb), I think, is it makes it really hard to go over calories. I never realized before how many of my calories were from bread!!

Anyway, *bump* let's get some more people on board!!
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I think I'm starting the 13th... I have company in town the week of the 6th, and am taking that week off of scheduled work-outs. (Will be walking and being touristy, but nothing like this.)
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    im in. on the calorie count, i didnt up my calories. i still stay between 1200-1500 calories a day. i did add a protein drink though. this way my muscles were getting the protein they need. on my first round i lost 20 pounds and over 25 inches. i tried doing p90x and 30 ds together , but i had to let p90x go til i complete the 30ds.
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    Woohoo, that's good to know! Those are some pretty awesome results :p. Glad to have a veteran on board to help us along!

And 2stepz, hope you join us anyway! I don't think it matters really that we're all at the same place, I'm sure we'll get off kilter as the 90 days goes by!
  • krostron
    krostron Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! Just moved and was wanting to start that monday anyway!!!
  • youmeus
    youmeus Posts: 12
    Options
    Not sure if this group is only for ladies? If not I would love to join the team and start on the 6th.

I purchased the CDs ages ago and it is somewhere in a draw collecting dust :) Would love to see if working with a group would motivate me to get off my lazy butt :(
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    Definitely not only for ladies, everyone is welcome!

Good luck!

Do you all have a pull up bar, or are you planning in doing it with the resistance bands?

I'm starting off with the resistance bands, and have a pull up bar in my door when I get home from NY!

Amy
  • youmeus
    youmeus Posts: 12
    Options
    Excellent, then count me in :)

Oh...more things that are collecting dust that I will have to clean ..hehehe... I have a pull-up slide and a pair bow-flex adjustable weights.
  • Qattusa
    Qattusa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday but I can always do an extra week! I am in! xxx
  • skinnylizzy5
    Options
    Wow this thread is getting so active- that's great!

As for the calorie thing, my goal is set at 1200 but I usually do eat more than that if I exercise. Like you said SwinginChandra, I don't normally eat back ALL my exercise calories but I do eat as much as I need to so that I feel full and have energy. I find that I really fluctuate in how hungry I am so I try to just listen to my body.

Low carb AH! I find that it takes more planning. I wanted to try to stick to the limits starting today but I just don't have enough things around to make some low carb meals! Must go to the grocery store I guess? I feel like I need to think more about meals and snacks since you can't just do wwheat pasta or something! Anyone have any good vegetarian/low carb recipes???

Definitely not for ladies only and definitely start whenever! I actually kind of like having a few who have already started - gives us a preview of what lies ahead.

I need to get my stretch bands asap! I have some weights so hopefully can make do with those for a few days if necessary. I'm nowhere near doing a pull up so I think I'll do stretch bands for a while. I absolutely can't wait!!!

Have a happy day!
  • AmyQwith2
    AmyQwith2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    count me in! i started it 3 weeks ago but i've got so much going on right now that i haven't done it in a week...my sister's baby shower is at my house on saturday and my house is still under construction! :) so i plan on restarting on Sunday/Monday...
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday, wife thought i was silly for starting on a holiday. lol
    Im down for the pictures, ill have to take a day two or day three picture though, but are we checking in after every workout? just wanting to be sure.
    and i probably will not be following the nutrition plan, dont have to money for the menu, but my wife and i do pretty good about eating somewhat healthly and MFP helps me watch how much i eat.

I look forward to hearing from everyone on the 6th.
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    i will have to take two sets of pics. one for public and then personal. lol not to comfortable showing a lot of skin yet.

but im ready for the 6th to get here..been missing tony.
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    Man, I can't wait to start this!! I'm starting ready to move on from the 30 day shred at this point... LOL