30 Day Shred starting June 1st, 2011 - who's with me?

Options

Replies

• michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    What would you put this under on the exercise tracker?

I have it on my on demand, so I'll be doing it on there! :D Hopefully, it will be on there for 30 days so I dont get confused if I end up having to buy it! haha

I would recommend buying an HRM so you can have an exact total of cals burned, but I burn approx 196-230 with the Shred in the 26 minutes...
  • joip
    joip Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm game for this
  • ashley4968
    ashley4968 Posts: 15
    Options
    i'm in!
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!! :) 36 IN SO FAR! WOOOHOOOO

PLEASE GIVE STARTING WEIGHT AND OR MEASUREMENTS BY TOMORROW MORNING :)
    cant wait to start the shred tomorrow!! i will start a new topic tomorrow morning listing all the members and weight / measurements if you've posted it

members so far
    fatty2fabby
    michelle_maresh
    jodieunited
    adrianamezam
    chezkie
    MFP1984
    gumbylvr
    JennyJH
    vgndroid
    louell33
    Samantha76
    SandersWifey
    Megrollz
    shiseido_faerie
    megz4987
    skyenewlin
    Dietprincess
    angie_pangie
    ALW65
    sunshinesher01
    stephy52604
    rsrobbins
    sugarbeans
    corrinnebrown
    sagefemmecyclis
    audigal2008
    rachael0008
    staywithit
    swampole70704
    laursey
    BomDiggity
    CaroseH
    dia77
    Tereztaylor07
    Beautifulsmiley
    joip
    ashley4968
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I would say I'm in, but I started ten days ago and foolishly didn't take any measurements first! I'll hang with you guys (just like Jillian tells us to in level one ;o) while you do it tho!

I started level 1 on Sunday 22nd May and have done the workout every morning since - considering what a lazy bum I am, I'm really pleased. The fact that it's only 20 minutes really helps though, as you know the torture will be over soon!

Waking up on day 2 was kinda sore, and on day 3 and 4 I could hardly walk, but by day 5 it was beginning to subside.

I found on level 1 the hardest were the push ups (never got past the modified version) and the bicycle crunches, but by day 5 I could just about get through the whole workout without stopping. So, this sunday I went on to level 2, and boy do I miss level 1 already!

With level 2 I find myself really sweating and constantly out of breath, mostly because although the circuits are divided into strength, cardio and abs, with level 2 most of the exercises combine more than one. Anything with the word 'plank' in the title is a killer if you don't have much upper body strength like me as you have to support your weight on your arms while exercising something else. Ouch.

I've also found that level 1 seemed to hurt my legs and thighs more, but maybe I was just stronger there to start with, or maybe I've just gotten used to the workout, but for level 2, the shoulders are the killer. I have asthma and was quite worried about how hard I was finding it to breath after doing level 2, but having seen other blogs it seems it's quite normal, and hopefully when my shoulder muscles get used to it it will actually help my breathing!

I've been logging my exercise under Circuit Training (which is basically what it is) but you will probably burn more calories than the 152 it provides for 20 mins (you can always just up the time to match your calorie burn - as others have suggested, getting an HRM can help with figuring out exactly what you've achieved).

I would also like to encourage those who might be near to their goal weight - don't forget, this workout works the muscles, so if you haven't got much fat to burn, building your muscles may overshadow the fat you are burning. In a nutshell - this dvd is not about losing weight, but inches. I am still fluctuating within the same 5 lbs I always do, but boy does my tummy look better already!

Good luck starting tomorrow everone, and just remember - it's only 20 minutes, it'll be over soon ;o)
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fantastic way to kick start my summer weight loss plan!! Count me in!
  • roses6
    roses6 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am in!! Marking my calendar for Wednesdays weigh in!
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm in!
  • mdperry
    mdperry Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm in, too.
  • AngAndrews
    AngAndrews Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • ChChCharlie
    ChChCharlie Posts: 67
    Options
    Count me in!
    Just got this today and was going to start tomorrow, good timing!
  • meggyannpt
    meggyannpt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been thinking about it for a while, so why not now?

Starting measurements:
    Weight: 146 lbs.
    Waist: 35.5"
    Hips: 38.25"

Good luck everybody!
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    I'd like to join as well. I got the workout but am not sure about the schedule. Do you do level 1 for 10 days and then level 2 for 10 days and then level 3 for ten days? Do you do 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3? I'm not sure if the DVD has this information but since I got it . . . creatively . . . I'm missing that information.
  • CaroseH
    CaroseH Posts: 72
    Options
    Pretty sure it's set up to do the first level for ten days, the second level the next ten days, and the third the last ten days! But I say do what feels good to you! You guys ready for tomorrow!?!?!?!

DAY ONE!!!
  • CaroseH
    CaroseH Posts: 72
    Options
    Pretty sure it's set up to do the first level for ten days, the second level the next ten days, and the third the last ten days! But I say do what feels good to you! You guys ready for tomorrow!?!?!?!

DAY ONE!!!
  • staywithit
    staywithit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Started mine early, May 30th....

30DS day 2 done!!!!:happy:
  • alicia4ksu
    alicia4ksu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in. Here are my current measurements, done tonight:

weight: 232
    chest: 48"
    waist (belly button): 45.5"
    hips: 52"
    left bicep: 17"
    right bicep: 17.5"
    left thigh: 29"
    right thigh: 29"
  • jltodd99
    jltodd99 Posts: 89
    Options
    Went to Target and bought the video - now I have to figure out how to work the DVD player and I'm all set to start tomorrow!

Height: 5' 8"
    Weight :240
    Chest: 44
    Hips:46
    Waist at bellybutton:47
    natural waist: 42
    Thigh:27
    Calf:18.5
    Arm:15
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    Ok my measurements and weight are

Waist: 28

Hips: 36

Thighs: 21

CW:153

Super excited about this!!!! :bigsmile:
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    I'd like to join as well. I got the workout but am not sure about the schedule. Do you do level 1 for 10 days and then level 2 for 10 days and then level 3 for ten days? Do you do 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3? I'm not sure if the DVD has this information but since I got it . . . creatively . . . I'm missing that information.
    From what I see from everyone else you do each level for ten days. Hope that helps!