Vixen's~ 4th of July Open Challenge

Options

Replies

• callmefor911
    callmefor911 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    starting the 30 day shred .. going to start it tonight.. had it on sale at target today for 9.04 and everyone on here talks about it.. so we will see.. should be interesting.. still have 19 pounds to lose before august 18th..
  • kheaudet
    kheaudet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 212 last Saturday. A one pound loss for the week.

I started a community weight loss challenge last night--some very interesting people and good information--should be really fun. But I was 217 on their scale. Theirs is undoubtedly more accurate, and I'm not going to change my numbers here based on that scale (I'll keep using my own) but it's very discouraging to think I'd already lost that number weeks ago and to have it show it's ugly face again?! Argh. Truth is: we did weigh at 7PM and I usually weigh at 7AM and I know that the daily eating, running around, etc does put weight back on for the day. When I got home I got on my scale and it showed 216 and then this morning it showed 212 again. So I guess I'm not too worried. Just irritated.

This weekend I'm taking DD to a TKD camp that provides all the food. I'm going to pack my own green salad with grilled chicken, and some protein bars and some boiled eggs, but I'm a bit nervous about what they'll have to eat. And will it look so very yummy--ie: will I be in the 'vacation' mode--that I'll want to eat it? These arent' people that I know very well and I don't want to seem like a snob. KWIM?

I jut got 30DS from netflix today. Gonna wait to start it on Sunday or Monday when we get back from TKD camp. Watched it today and it looks very doable, but it's gonna hurt. LOVE it.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    weight is going in the wrong direction. time to buckle down. it seems like I go from one end of the spectrum to the other.

You're doing great, you're so close to your goal and your body is going to make you work for it. You can do it, we believe in you!!!!!!!! :wink:

that is so awesome to hear! thank you so much. I really needed that. I feel more energized. I look in the mirror and I'm starting to see little muscles in my arms, definition in my legs. I can't really complain too much accept for that dreaded mid section. I haven't been this size in 15 years. I should be on cloud 9, not attacking myself for having a relapse. I've been doing well this week, I really want to carry it into the weekend and beyond. Thanks again!
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    weight is going in the wrong direction. time to buckle down. it seems like I go from one end of the spectrum to the other.

You're doing great, you're so close to your goal and your body is going to make you work for it. You can do it, we believe in you!!!!!!!! :wink:

that is so awesome to hear! thank you so much. I really needed that. I feel more energized. I look in the mirror and I'm starting to see little muscles in my arms, definition in my legs. I can't really complain too much accept for that dreaded mid section. I haven't been this size in 15 years. I should be on cloud 9, not attacking myself for having a relapse. I've been doing well this week, I really want to carry it into the weekend and beyond. Thanks again!

You're doing a great job. Go by your measurements, the scale is one way to measure your progress. Keep up the great work.
  • CarrieAbbey
    Options
    I have finally broke the 160 mark. Down 0.4lbs to 159.6. Yay
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I have finally broke the 160 mark. Down 0.4lbs to 159.6. Yay

AMAZING JOB!! I can't wait to join you! :)
  • lidunne
    lidunne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Now 133.5lb... up 4 pounds this week according to weight watchers weigh in this morning. I'm gutted. I have walked so much all this week and did a 10k marathon on monday too, i don't understand how i am up so high, i was so good except for monday night which was the only day i didn't poing :(
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Now 133.5lb... up 4 pounds this week according to weight watchers weigh in this morning. I'm gutted. I have walked so much all this week and did a 10k marathon on monday too, i don't understand how i am up so high, i was so good except for monday night which was the only day i didn't poing :(

Hormones? They can wreak havoc sometimes. Plus, water buildup in muscles after all that exercise. I know the crushing feeling, but I'm pretty sure the weight will come right off again. We've all got your back. =)
  • lidunne
    Options

Hormones? They can wreak havoc sometimes. Plus, water buildup in muscles after all that exercise. I know the crushing feeling, but I'm pretty sure the weight will come right off again. We've all got your back. =)

Water build up, really?? That could explain a lot if that is the case! I'm going to pay particular attention to my food and weight everything this week... maybe my portion sizes were off too! Thank you though, its really lovely to have someone tell you that theyhave your back for you, and great that we are all here for the same thing! :flowerforyou:
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options

I agree- hormones can really mess with your body! And water retention is the worst! Too much sodium in your diet will cause your body to hold on to more water. Also, like she already mentioned, a hard workout will cause your muscles to hold on to more water while they are recovering.

Either way, keep at it. A 10k marathon is amazing work! You should be so proud of yourself- I know I am!
  • melusinagr
    Options
    Seriously! The human body does some interesting stuff with water. I think women in general can be affected more by this. It is particularly noticeable if you weigh in every day (like I do - which is bad I know). But heavy exercise can cause a hefty retention. Sounds like you are approaching things the right way, watch portions, etc., and definitely maybe cut back on the sodium and drink some extra water.

It is true for most of us who are trying to lose weight...we know the spells where the weight goes up, or stays the same, and it is excruciating. Which is why it is nice to stick together. =)
  • ehlderanna
    ehlderanna Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm reading these posts being amazed at the amount of support that we collectively give each other....I'm also at the no loss no gain stage (still holding at 220.5) but I feel like I'm doing more...I've been able to do the 30DS everyday since sat (except wed when i was dbl shifting) ...and get some additional exercise with walking and water aerobics... but it's so hard...feeling the tiredness in my muscles and watching the scale refuse to change....I know that inches are more important...but I just want my validation for the scale....

Thanks for all of your encouragement posts...
  • CarrieAbbey
    Options
    I'm reading these posts being amazed at the amount of support that we collectively give each other....I'm also at the no loss no gain stage (still holding at 220.5) but I feel like I'm doing more...I've been able to do the 30DS everyday since sat (except wed when i was dbl shifting) ...and get some additional exercise with walking and water aerobics... but it's so hard...feeling the tiredness in my muscles and watching the scale refuse to change....I know that inches are more important...but I just want my validation for the scale....

Thanks for all of your encouragement posts...

good for you, keep going girl. The 30DS is hard. I'm actually doing it again to give myself another kick and I still get sore. I found by the time one week was over that's when I saw a change in the scale. Last time I did it I gained 5 lbs before seeing the numbers go down. Keep it up and you'll be melting away in no time.
  • CarrieAbbey
    Options

Water build up, really?? That could explain a lot if that is the case! I'm going to pay particular attention to my food and weight everything this week... maybe my portion sizes were off too! Thank you though, its really lovely to have someone tell you that theyhave your back for you, and great that we are all here for the same thing! :flowerforyou:

Water gain is a crazy thing. It'll come off in no time. Anytime I do some intense exercise I do gain, but it does come off. We know how you feel. WOW, a 10K, that's amazing. Good for you. Congrats on that accomplishment.:wink:
  • autumnbottom8
    autumnbottom8 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My weight's been the same, but I'm smaller, now fitting into a size L and 16 when I was a 2XL and a 20..

still discouraged cause I want to see lower numbers, but I should be happy cause my clothes are looser.

What can I do to spice up my work out to reflect my work on the scale?
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be out of town all weekend with questionable phone internet capabilities, so I wanted to post everyone's losses before I leave!
    Everyone is doing so well! Keep up the great work! :) Hopefully I will be doing enough hiking and gold prospecting to keep up with all the junk I will be eating this weekend!
    See y'all when I get back! :)

v0610.jpg
  • melusinagr
    Options
    The thing we ALL need to remember about weight loss is it isn't *just* about the scale. Sure, the numbers on the scale give us satisfaction, but there are so many other factors to weight loss than just that. I'd rather go down in my measurements and have clothes fit better and a good fitness level - if none of that changed but the scale number did, would that *really* make us feel better? Our bodies are so capricious with water gains and losses - the true test is how we actually feel. And despite the fact that some of us are not losing, or gaining a bit - I think we can all say we've made great progress despite what the scale tells us. And we *have* to remember that, always. Because even if we have a day, or two, or a week, that we "go off the rails" - it just takes a bit of support to get back on track again, which is why we are all here.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I'm still hoping I can get to my goal by the 4th. Its so funny how I'm not losing much weight but my clothes are fitting better, I'm buying smaller size clothes. I was folding clothes the other day and I almost hung up a t-shirt in my husband's closet until I realised it was my shirt. It was so big, I was convinced that it belonged to him. So I am feeling good and looking better. I saw a girl in zumba on Thursday who I haven't seen in a while because she had to stop coming until her kids were out of school. When she saw me, her eyes got really big and was like, omg, look at your face, its so slender now. You are sculpting your body without losing your curves! That put me on cloud 9 throughout the class and for the rest of the night!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Hope you are celebrating other successes that you may be having that's not related to the scale, too!
  • lidunne
    Options
    Guys i think i should point out that i only walked the 10k! I plan to run it next year! After having a baby 6 months ago i didnt want to push my luck and risk serious injury! Plus the old pelvic floor wasn't up to it! Doing another 4k this weekend... it's a charity run/walk at 4am! This will be my 3rd year doing this one so i will run part of this!
  • CarrieAbbey
    Options
    Guys i think i should point out that i only walked the 10k! I plan to run it next year! After having a baby 6 months ago i didnt want to push my luck and risk serious injury! Plus the old pelvic floor wasn't up to it! Doing another 4k this weekend... it's a charity run/walk at 4am! This will be my 3rd year doing this one so i will run part of this!

Girl that's still awesome!!! It doesn't matter if you walked it, ran it or crawled it, YOU DID IT, and that's all that matters. :laugh: We're proud of you! Keep it up.:wink: