(POST 2) BATTLE OF THE BULGE Summer Slimdown Challenge!!!

Options

Replies

• sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Today's challenge done.. had 10 cups of water (instead of the 8) worked out for an hour, did house work. Logged everything. Now until tomorrow...... I'm water logged. Have a great night everyone.
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    11614happy_wednesday_red_and_gold_glitter.gif

WEDNESDAY JUNE 15TH – DAY 31! – "It's Time for a Good Time!"
    (We are in week 5!)

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK – This week we are going to focus on maximizing our 5 week weighin! EVERY DAY this week do 3 things…
    1. FILL YOU CUP! - DRINK AT LEAST 64OZ OF WATER
    2. STAY UNDER CALORIES AND LOG YOUR FOOD EVERY DAY
    3. DO AT LEAST 20 MINS OF ACTIVITY EACH DAY!

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    This week we are going to work on doing a little something every day. Our songs each day will be dances so no one has an excuse for not doing sommmething! Today’s challenge is to do all 3 of the weekly challenges…and

MOTIVATIONAL SONG OF THE DAY
    GOOD TIME – How to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs5f8CYyLBo
    GOOD TIME – Alan Jackson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSROm-vgVRk
    (I've seen this dance done in a commercial and always wanted to learn...I got it down now, can you?!?)

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    Later today I will be posting the week 4 results! Quite a few are struggling with the dreaded PLATEAU… here is an article on 5 strategies to beat a weight loss plateau http://www.theweightlosstipssite.com/weight-loss-tips/five-strategies-to-beat-a-weight-loss-plateau/ For those who have been through a plateau before and overcame it, what did you do to push through it?!? (change up the intensity or kinds of exercise you were doing? Change something in your eating habits?) Share your secret to successfully overcoming a weight loss plateau!

SHOUT OUTS
    To all our BOBers who met or exceeded their June 20th Goal Weights and upped the ante by changing their Goal Weights to push themselves further…YOU ROCK!
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I haven't hit a plateau yet, so I can't really share my secret to success for this one! I do like to mix up my exercise a lot, but that's mainly just so I don't get bored and stop exercising!

So far this week I've managed to do all three parts of our weekly challenge, and I'm doing REALLY well! It makes me a bit nervous to do this well so early in the week - there's still another four days I have to not **** up before weigh-in!
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    met the challenge yesterday!!

when I've hit a plateau I've taken a hard look at my diary and cleaned it up. There is almost always room for improvement. The other thing I do is mix up the workouts to kick it up a notch.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I mixed up my workout a little and upped my intensity, made sure my NET calories were as close to 1200 as I could get :)
  • kacione
    kacione Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I hit a major plateau that lasted over a year. I tryed everything. I increased my workouts to two hour a day/6 days a week. I kept my calorie intake at 1300 for ages then thinking that I was in starvation mode I upped my calories to 1500. I joined a weight loss challenge at work and gained 1.8 pounds by the end of it. Nothing seemed to work. Then my yoga instructor suggested I try a meal replacement shake. I had nothing to lose except weight. I started that just after I started this challenge and you can see the results. I have lost 8 pounds in 4 weeks. I am so happy with this that I am now promoting it.
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I haven't really hit a plateau yet either except it almost feels like one right now...my doctor recently prescribed me a new medication for my diabetes which actually causes you to GAIN weight I am totally nervous about this because I was doing so good losing at a steady rate...I know this just means I need to REALLY be serious now about staying under or right at my calories and DEFINITELY need to start incorporating more exercise I've worked so hard to get these first lbs off I will NOT let them come back!!!
  • lindsabe11e
    Options
    I joined this BOB a little late in the game, so I'm still getting used to the rules/challenges- I"m sorry if I'm a little behind! Everyone here is so impressive though with your exercise, weight loss, and support for each other. Definitely looking forward to continuing this "journey" with you guys!!

Also, it seems like I'm going to have to learn how to dance...
  • prplangl4
    Options
    I joined this BOB a little late in the game, so I'm still getting used to the rules/challenges- I"m sorry if I'm a little behind! Everyone here is so impressive though with your exercise, weight loss, and support for each other. Definitely looking forward to continuing this "journey" with you guys!!

Also, it seems like I'm going to have to learn how to dance...

It's pretty simple - just check our message board every day (you should be loggin in everyday anyway to fill in your diary!) and try to accomplish the challenges or contribute to the share your success topic. If you need some motivation or support you can always post that too and we will rally around you.

We've done so many diff challenges that this week I just made the same challenge across the board and incorporated dances to spice it up (I've never had dances as part of challenges - just trying to spice it up some for our last week before the big 5 week weighin).

Glad you're with us!
  • prplangl4
    Options
    logo-the-biggest-loser1.gif

WEEK 4 RESULTS ARE IN!

(way too many people weighing in WAY TOO LATE this week...remember to weighin every monday!)

BOB WEEK 4 BIGGEST LOSER goes to :bigsmile: marie_2454 with 3.66% BW lost!:bigsmile:

WEEK 1 STARTERS - MOST WEIGHT LOST::happy: leomentlines with 6.8lbs:happy: and :happy: Angell_fly with 6.6 lbs lost!:happy:

BOB WEEK 2 STARTERS: :bigsmile: cherubcrnp 1.87% BW lost AND 5 lbs lost! (2 weeks in a row champ for weight loss)
    BOB WEEK 3 STARTERS: :bigsmile: SheBB 2.61% BW lost AND 5.6 lbs lost! (2 weeks in a row champ for weight loss)
    BOB WEEK 4 STARTERS: :bigsmile: sunshinelubsyou 2.62% BW lost AND 7lbs lost!

CONGRATS!:drinker:

SHOUT OUTS
    1. to our WEEK 5 Joiners CaliforniaFog, bre1092, and suzicooper friend them! :flowerforyou:
    2. UltraRunnerGale who is under a weight she hasn't seen in years!!! :love:
    3. sarahrobin who is at her lowest adult rate!!! :love:

FULL RESULTS WILL BE POSTED LATER TODAY!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Yayyy congrats to all the biggest losers!! Welcome to all the new BOBbers !!!!!!
  • soshotout
    soshotout Posts: 115
    Options
    Whoohoooo! Way to go, everyone!
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    WOW great work BOB winners. WTG and a whoohoo :smile: for all your hard work
  • andtian
    andtian Posts: 47
    Options
    ********WARNING, OFF THE TRACK POST**************************** hehehe

I weighed the same for two weeks, I had my TOM in that time too, but it was quite depressed. Last week Wednesday I still weighed that, but then I upped water intake and exercise that on Monday, I dropped only 0.5kgs but this morning I found out I lost another 0.4kgs, so almost one 1kg in a week.
    To those who are feeling stuck, don't give up..When I was feeling depressed about not losing I read the motivation section here on MFP and other stories online, and I was like, if they can do it, so can I.
    It is a day at a time, every step counts and I have come so far. What I learnt from the stories is you will have dips, but you have to remember your goal/reasons for being on the journey and keep going.

TO all the biggest losers of this week, congrats and thanks for showing me that all i need is dedication..
  • Sandie001
    Sandie001 Posts: 29
    Options
    Will give the 5 strategies a good go! Hoping I can get things moving for next week :)
    I've got to say, other than my regular karate training I have never thought of actually planning my exercise programme for a number of weeks but it does make sense. I will get writing what I need to do, when I need to do it and how long for each exercise. This is my way forward..............!!!
    Hope everyone has a good week :)
  • mistyrider
    mistyrider Posts: 36
    Options
    Can I join back in after a couple weeks of slipups? Pretty Please?
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great job Biggest Losers!!!

Dont have any personal plateau strategies, but sure might try some out that folks have listed.

Have a great evening!
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I can't access the web page that contains the spreadsheet. Is anyone else having this problem? I really wanted to see the stats. :sad:
  • dinichols
    dinichols Posts: 37
    Options
    Had a good Wednesday..drank my water! was under my calorie goal! and..did an hour of boot camp!
  • prplangl4
    Options
    Can I join back in after a couple weeks of slipups? Pretty Please?

of course you can...this is like hotel california "you can check out any time you like but you can never leave" haha - send me your weighin - I don't delete anybody

as for the results I will post them in the am (I left the file on my work computer) sorry!