(POST 2) BATTLE OF THE BULGE Summer Slimdown Challenge!!!

Options

Replies

• kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Today really sucked. I weighed myself today and my scale says that I have gained between 2 and 8 pounds. I don't think this is right because I have been working my *kitten* off this week. I have stayed under my calories by 100 to 1500 calories. I think its just a little discouraging to see that my scale feels I have gained weight. I just changed the batteries so I know its not the scales fault. I'm still sore from exercising Wednesday.
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Today really sucked. I weighed myself today and my scale says that I have gained between 2 and 8 pounds. I don't think this is right because I have been working my *kitten* off this week. I have stayed under my calories by 100 to 1500 calories. I think its just a little discouraging to see that my scale feels I have gained weight. I just changed the batteries so I know its not the scales fault. I'm still sore from exercising Wednesday.

do not let this week's weight get you down....I dont think Ill be losing either this week and I worked out hard...know it takes one day at a time and we are doing this challenge for 15 weeks so as long as we stick to it and keep it going the difference will show!!!! I'm not worried if I dont lose the weight I wanted to this week because I can see and feel the difference - I have more endurance, I feel fit, and I definitely can feel that theres less fat in my arms, thighs, hips, and waist so I'm happy!!!! And seeing my calendar on my wall with the least amount of red Xs I've ever had makes me proud!

don't get discouraged!
  • prplangl4
    Options
    great_weekend-2831.gif

SATURDAY & SUNDAY JUNE 18TH - 19TH – DAYS 33 AND 34! –
    (We are in week 5!)

Sat and Sun I will be out of town - since this is the last weekend before the big 5 week weigh-in everybody keep up with this week's challenges! Each day, Sat and Sun, make sure you keep up recording in your diaries, do some physical activity each day, and stay below calories!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK – This week we are going to focus on maximizing our 5 week weighin! EVERY DAY this week do 3 things…
    1. FILL YOU CUP! - DRINK AT LEAST 64OZ OF WATER
    2. STAY UNDER CALORIES AND LOG YOUR FOOD EVERY DAY
    3. DO AT LEAST 20 MINS OF ACTIVITY EACH DAY!

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    This week we are going to work on doing a little something every day. Our songs each day will be dances so no one has an excuse for not doing sommmething! Today’s challenge is to do all 3 of the weekly challenges and ...

MOTIVATIONAL SONGS OF THE DAY
    (for fun)
    THE STOMP – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSUn3WkUFeA&playnext=1&list=PLE9933434D616B6E1
    MICHAEL JACKSON SHUFFLE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0EvSkGcdhs&feature=related
    THE GEORGE JEFFERSON - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HmUOkZfVx0&feature=related

For those wanting to get a feel for the wii just dance (these are some of my favs!)
    COTTON EYE JOE on the wii - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rBFtCJ255w
    PUMP UP THE JAM on the wii - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUdcWgOZRg0&feature=related
    GROOVE IS IN THE HEART on the wii - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHipDJMMttU&feature=related
    THATS THE WAY I LIKE IT on the wii - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5TjSGBv1o8&feature=related
    WHO LET THE DOGS OUT on the wii - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wk9YSoSNvE&feature=related

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    Here is some great weekend reading: 10 diet and exercise myths that pack on the pounds!
    http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/10-diet-and-exercise-myths-that-pack-on-pounds-2497440/

When you have visitors or have to leave town for holiday or vacation, do you try to stay on track? How do you plan ahead for it if you do?
    ___
    I'm traveling alot in the next 3 weeks - this weekend I have packed my workout clothes and I will be making time to work out (even though this is a party with my whole family!). Every dance that comes on ay my bro's graduation party I will go all out and work up a sweat! Haha - I even packed some healthy snacks so I can eat right while I'm with them (I know they'll have heifer
    food all weekend haha).

greg-mankiss-happy-fathers-day-2.jpg

and Happy Fathers Day to all our dads!!!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i try to do good when i go out to eat with family....my family understands that i am diabetic and trying to reverse it so they know i eat differently now....and they are proud!!...i have been doing good on my calories, my water and my activity....i hope to at least lose a pound this week because i have already burned over 3000 cals....so hopefully ill be at 210 monday...woot woot
  • SiouxPrincess
    SiouxPrincess Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When we go out of town or have parties here at our house I do plan ahead, I know which foods I can have at fast food places and have read pretty much everything I can about which foods are better than others. When I am at home I make sure I have small portion sizes and not go over board like I used to. I try and make sure to take my time so I can gauge when I am getting full and drink lots of water.
  • sunshinelubsyou
    Options
    i drank all my water, did 240 minutes of exercise and stayed well under my calories!
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    i started to plan all my meals for at least one day in advance and already logging it, so I know, if I can afford any other calories, like coffee with milk or something else.

This also works quite good for the moments, when we do have guests in the house. like today when my brother and his family is around. I type in all the foods I'm cooking (in recipes) and then I know how much of it I can have without having to be worried.

with parties it's difficult :( Today in the evening there's one, and everyone is bringing something. I can plan the alcohol, because I can say I will only drink wine and water, and the max of wine is ie 4 glasses. but with the food there's a problem. I calculated the things I'm going to bring and know they're okay and i could eat an amount after which I will be full afterwards. But it would be weird, when I'm only eating my own stuff!? I don't exactly know what's in there and can only estimate, if I'm taking the right foods.
    so probably I'm trying to go there not being hungry and not eating there, concentrating on drinking and talking ;)
    and to be sure I'll probably do some extra excercise to be safe, since tomorrow's official weigh in day and I finally bet my plateau and don't want to get back the pounds I've already lost!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Well tomorrow is the day eeekkk!! I have done pretty good this week (only a bite of the goodness tonight) Chugged all my water and stayed clear of the sodium!!! Good luck with weigh in tomorrow everyone =))))
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When you have visitors or have to leave town for holiday or vacation, do you try to stay on track? How do you plan ahead for it if you do?

If I have visitors I am more likely to stick to my food and exercise routine; however I find it much harder on the road for vacation. When I travel for work I have no problems, but every year we take about 3 weeks to go see family and we are in the car traveling for 2 1/2 days then at family houses where they do not eat or exercise the way you do. Last year we went to Florida and Puerto Rico. Both places I managed to get exercise in and tried to stick to my healthier food--didnt always work you cant insult the mother in law. This year may be a little harder because of the type of trip we are taking. Last year we spent little time in FLA, but while we were there we did things like the Metro Zoo in Miami (which just let me tell you, you can not finish easily in one day if you walk), and when we were in PR I hiked in the rain forest almost every day. So... to make a long story longer, Yes I try to stand strong, but I dont always make it but I also dont beat myself up about it either.

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend.
  • prplangl4
    Options
    START OF WEEK 6!!!! Message me your week 5 monday weighins! The BOB Biggest losers for week 5 AND for the first month of BOB will be posted Wed!!! :bigsmile:

happy-monday1.jpg?w=377&h=322

MONDAY June 20th - Day 35 - "New Attitude"
    *Today's post is our first member submitted post. Everyone (or most everyone) will be assigned a day to do the daily post. Big ups to :smooched: nlsalvatore:drinker: for today's post!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK - Try something new!

We are at the first big goal - one third of the way through the challenge! Can you believe we are already this far? How are you doing??

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    This is more of a reflective thinking exercise than a physical challenge. I have been thinking lately of all the new things I have tried since joining MFP. I've tried 30ds, Zumba - in a class, with DVD's, and on the Wii, Leslie Sansone walking, and today I am going to try Gold's Gym Dance Workout for Wii. I've also joined challenges, which is definitely new for me - having my weight be posted for all to see!

For today, try something new! Try a new workout, a new recipe, post a new picture of yourself - celebrate the new you that is emerging!

MOTIVATIONAL SONGS OF THE DAY
    :happy: NEW ATTITUDE – Patti LaBelle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWfZ5SZZ4xE

*we have people from Australia to Austria of all backgrounds, ages, and ethnicities so my songs will be varied each day to accommodate ;-)

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    What have you tried that is new on your path to becoming a healthier you?

STAY MOTIVATED: VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options

I try to stay on track. I recently traveled to Cleveland to see my BFF and found it quite easy to stay on track. The restuarants all have grilled fish or chicken, I packed protein bars for snacks, the hotel had fresh fruit in the lobby all the time, breakfast in the hotel had yogurt, whole wheat breads, and eggs.....no problem at all.
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Today I'm feeling really, REALLY sick... I've been sick for about a week but it's just caught up with me. For the last week I've been trying to fight it off and continuing to do what I'd normally do... Today's new thing that I'm trying is not being too hard on myself, and letting my body have what it needs to recover. I ate custard for lunch, because it's all I wanted in the whole world. And that's OK, because when I'm better I'll work it straight off again.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i absolutely do have a new attitude...i KNOW i can do this weight loss thing....ive lost 21 lbs so far and i can notice changes in me such as increased confidence, a higher self-esteem, and a sexier outlook on how my body can look and be.....so yes i can definitely see a new me emerging.....great post nsalvatore
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    LOVE the new attitude theme for the day!!!
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It is hard for me to see no change in the scale, but then I do my measurements and BAM!! I have lost more inches. So my new attitude is to not be so hard on myself. I eat healthy and I exercise regularly which is more than a lot of people can say (except for us dedicated MFPers). I am dedicated to achieving my goals--even if they dont happen when I would like them to I know I will be there eventually.

Thanks to all BOBers who offer motivation and support to all of us in need of it. I hope I can provide the same to others.

Everyone have a fabulous Monday!!!
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I definitely have changed as a person...I can feel it in all of me...I get excited thinking about all the possibilities out there for me...since my journey began I have really seen a change in myself....I am now more aware of the foods I eat and the toll eating bad foods has taken on my body...I am now committed to losing this weight and will not take no for an answer I know this time is going to be different from before and mainly thanks to this website...I have tried things like this before and it just never has worked out but I've been doing this for a little over a month and have seen great results and want to keep pushing towards the future...this challenge in itself has really pushed me and held me accountable for my actions and MAKES me want to push harder for that weekly weigh in :)...everything feels like second nature to me now...I'll admit the temptation to do bad at times is still there but I don't feel it as strongly as I did when I first started and I'm not always good 100% of the time but I am making small changes which are manageable for me and I feel will help me to keep going at this for the long haul :)
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    rocked my plateau away, but still not at my goal weight. never mind, I know how hard I've worked this week, and they'll go away someday!
  • juliee77x
    juliee77x Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have had a horrible week last week, because I sort of fell off the wagon. However, I realize that this is a process and I should not go ahead and beat myself about what I did already, but to continue to KEEP logging food, exercising more and eating more healthy stuff. This thread is so helpful and all of your support is invaluable! We can do this!!!
  • dancer_emt
    dancer_emt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So it's the end of the 1st 5 weeks and just the beginning of my weight loss journey. It has definitely had it's ups and downs but I am so excited to start another 5 weeks and to continue on this journey. This challenge is such a great way to keep me going in the right direction.
  • agilegazelle
    Options
    pushed myself like crazy this week, people wanted to drink and party but I said no because I wanted to lose enough to reach my goal weight. I don't exactly eat amazingly healthy just watch how much I eat of it, and that seems to be working for me.