(POST 2) BATTLE OF THE BULGE Summer Slimdown Challenge!!!

Options

Replies

• tiddlyjinx
    tiddlyjinx Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that a lady I used to work with came to town and we went for coffee last night. I had seen her last year when I was travelling through her town and stopped for supper last August.

She sat down at the table and after our hellos she asked me if I had been sick. When I said no, she asked if I had lost a lot of weight. and I told her I had. She said "it looks like a lot!" I stll have lots to lose so, its not like I look sickly!
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    the_biggest_loser_15655.jpg

WEEK 5 BOB BIGGEST LOSERS

:bigsmile: KayleighDawn13 lost 3.07% Body Weight and 8lbs
    :drinker: MitchaMusic lost 2.93% Body Weight and 8lbs
    :drinker: agilegazelle lost 2.67% Body Weight and 8lbs

WEEK 2 STARTERS
    :bigsmile: cherubcrnp lost 1.87% Body Weight AND 5 lbs!!!

WEEK 3 STARTERS
    :bigsmile: ranewell lost 1.73% Body Weight and 5 lbs
    :bigsmile: Hananiah lost 5.2 lbs and 1.64% body weight

WEEK 4 STARTERS
    :bigsmile: summer_of_69 lost 0.83% Body Weight and 1.7 lbs!!!

WEEK 5 STARTERS
    :bigsmile: bre1092 lost 1.29% body weight and 2 lbs!!!
    :bigsmile: suzicooper also lost 2 lbs!!!

214486,xcitefun-congratulation-2.gif
  • prplangl4
    Options
    Biggest-Loser-Meal-Plan.jpg

BIGGEST LOSERS OF THE 1ST 5 WEEKS ARE IN!!!

:bigsmile: mikeykeith lost an impressive 8.14% body weight this month!!!
    :bigsmile: agilegazelle lost an impressive 22.5 lbs this month!!!

Let's hear it for the boys!!! Let's give the boys a hannnddddd :tongue:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnuYhFRYbAw

Macho Macho Men! :happy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO43p2Wqc08

HONORABLE MENTION:
    :flowerforyou: UltraRunnerGale lost 8.11% body weight this month!

THOSE WHO STARTED WEEK 2:
    :bigsmile: rabbitslave lost 6% body weight!!!
    :bigsmile: cherubcrnp lost 15.2 lbs!!!

THOSE WHO STARTED WEEK 3:
    :bigsmile: SheBB lost the most in both categories!!! :bigsmile: 5.03% body weight and 10.8lbs!!!

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    :flowerforyou: ranewell lost 3.33% body weight and 9.6lbs!
    :flowerforyou:Hananiah lost 9.8lbs!

STARTED WEEK 4:
    :bigsmile: summer_of_69 lost the most in both categories!!! :bigsmile: 1.5% body weight lost and 3.1 lbs lost!!!

STARTED WEEK 5:
    :bigsmile: bre1092 lost 1.29% body weight and 2 lbs!!! :bigsmile:
    :bigsmile: suzicooper also lost 2 lbs!!!

*If you want a trophy to save as your profile pic or for your signature, let me know and I will send it to you or post on the wix website.

congrats to all our BIGGEST LOSERS OF THE MONTH!

all results posted at www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge

Congrats5Fmc2DHT5FSmiley5B15D.gif
  • SiouxPrincess
    SiouxPrincess Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have had a few NSV's lately & one just happened yesterday. We were having one of our family pool parties and I decided that I was going to go out & buy myself a new swimsuit, my suit from last year was falling off when I was swimming (another NSV) I picked a suit 4 sizes smaller than my old one & it fit. My family commented on my weight loss, all positive, I am so very proud of myself.
  • prplangl4
    Options
    terrific-thursday.gif

THURSDAY June 23rd - Day 38 - "I'm on the Right Track Baby!"

*SEND ME YOUR GOAL WEIGHTS FOR JULY 25TH WHEN YOU WEIGHIN THIS COMING MONDAY!*

(today's post brought to you by prplangl4...I never received a posting from the person who was supposed to do it :indifferent: and I didn't want to leave everyone hanging:ohwell: FYI it too me 4 hours+ to tabulate final results and do the 2 posts for biggest losers!...- this is why I started assigning people to do posts to free me up some so I can actually go work out:laugh: :tongue: )

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK - Try something new!

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    Keeping with today's theme I want to challenge everyone to try a new food today! Whether it be a healthier substitute for mashed potatoes (like mashed cauliflower) or a new fruit or veggie, just try it!
    ---
    Someone at work made me try a dried prune, and it was suprising good. It quenched a sweet tooth AND is high in fiber...a bought some the other night and now I eat them all the time!

My NSV - FYI my NSV for yesterday was I had to adjust the strap on bra because they were falling off my shoulders :happy: AND someone I hadn't seen in a year showed up at work and said "my look whose losin weight":blushing: ohhh yeahh!!
    ---

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    :huh: What new food are you trying today? Or have you tried one recently that is really healthy and was surprisingly good?!? Share with us!

MOTIVATIONAL SONGS OF THE DAY
    (to all our peeps who gained weight this week or these past 5 weeks...I gained 2 weeks in a row so you're not alone!)
    TRY AGAIN - by Aaliyah and Timbaland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwKQ5fHCGHo&feature=fvwrel
    I WAS BORN THIS WAY - Lady Gaga (me new fav workout song - great energy) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV1FrqwZyKw
    (omg - longest video of the year...sheesh)

*we have people from Australia to Austria of all backgrounds, ages, and ethnicities so my songs will be varied each day to accommodate ;-)

SHOUT-OUT
    To EVERYONE who rocked it out this week and the last 5 weeks!!
    To EVERYONE who was under calories yesterday...I saw a ton of BOBers who were under - great job!
    TO our new joiners:
    bre1092
    suzicooper
    xturkishmamix
    CaliforniaFog
    dkorfez
    Denise11161978
    lynnie07
    :drinker: Everyone please add them as friends!!!

STAY MOTIVATED: VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
  • prplangl4
    Options
    I have had a few NSV's lately & one just happened yesterday. We were having one of our family pool parties and I decided that I was going to go out & buy myself a new swimsuit, my suit from last year was falling off when I was swimming (another NSV) I picked a suit 4 sizes smaller than my old one & it fit. My family commented on my weight loss, all positive, I am so very proud of myself.

wow congrats!!
  • agilegazelle
    Options
    haha my underwear started falling off today, luckily i wear a belt so its not like they fall off unless im wearing shorts(cause they fall off too haha) i never thought aobut having to buy underwear before, losing weight is expensive >_>
  • prplangl4
    Options
    haha my underwear started falling off today, luckily i wear a belt so its not like they fall off unless im wearing shorts(cause they fall off too haha) i never thought aobut having to buy underwear before, losing weight is expensive >_>

listen to our biggest weight loser of the first 5 weeks!!! HIS UNDERWEAR are even fallen off!!! now thats a NSV!!! Is everyone friends with this guy and see the calories he burns daily... I WANNA BE LIKE YOU! :wink:
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i had a chicken wrap yesterday that was made with a flax seed tortilla.....it was yummy...flax seed is good to reduce cholesterol
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the honorable mention :) those last 2 weeks really helped pump up my motivation! I am totally not very adventerous when it comes to new foods, not sure what to try! I have been eating low calorie bread (45 cals a slice), and low cal turkey breast slices (25 cals a slice) for work (we're supposed to eat what the kids eat, but I'm sure they aren't envious of my lunch and I work TOO HARD to eat corn dogs, pop tarts, chips and the like every day).
    CONGRATS to all the biggest losers!!!! Everyone is working hard and keeping each other motivated. Thank you for keeping ME on track and accountable
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I just want to take a moment to thank you, Kristy. As I was reading the results all I kept thinking was the time committment you have given to this group. That is amazing and I for one THANK YOU. :drinker:
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the big 'losers' this week. I am very inspired by you all! Everyone's NSVs are pretty awesome also. Its great to hear them all.

My new food of recent has been Quinoa...Its a grain that is high in protein. I recently tried a recipe from the Biggest Loser and I am planning to try another quinoa recipe this week.

Kristy, you are doing an awesome job maintaining the weigh in spreadsheets, website and posting everyday! I think it was a great idea to delegate the daily posts to other members to lighten your workload. I would suggest to give a little advance notice in case anyone may be away on vacation/holiday. As for me, I know this beachgurl plans to get to the beach a few times this summer!
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Wow. What a list of losers! Hooray! I'm so proud of all you guys. You're really taking this seriously and it's paying off big time. ;D

My new food isn't really a new food but I think it's the only thing keeping me from breaking down and eating candy. Although you still need to measure it out because the carbs can add up, it's Multi-Grain Cheerios. I keep them in a crush-proof container in my purse. If I feel the urge to eat or snack, I'll just have a couple of small handfuls. They can be addicting though. I think I'm precariously teetering on the brink of relaxing and gaining some poundage back. I haven't yet, but I know all the signs. I've also stopped drinking as much water and have noticed some bloat coming back. I hate water but it is vitally important to dieting. Everyone please keep drinking water. It DOES work!
  • kacione
    kacione Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    First of all congratulations to all of those who are winning at losing. There are some really impressive numbers up there. I am so impressed and motivated to keep going.

I did not know what new food I could choose to try but when a staff member left a bag of pistachios in the staffroom it was like an omen. I have never tried pistachios so I took a few and tried them. I don't know why I have never tried them but they are good and I will certainly buy some more.
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all who met their goals for June 20th, and to all who had met their goals previously & set new ones, but didn't quite get there! I saw lots of people who are really close to their goal! Everyone keep up the great work!

Big shoutout to Kristy for all the time she is putting into this!! You are so motivating - love it! I wonder how many calories you are burning entering all the data & updating the website - it's gotta count for some!

Heading into the weekend - always my biggest challenge!

New food - hmmm - lately I have been eating Planters NUT-ritions Energy Bars - very tasty!
  • Denise11161978
    Options
    My try something new for the day is this Juice: Just made a very simple detoxing smoothie and it's delish!
    1/4 cup watermelon
    1/2 cucumber
    handful mint
    Optional: Add handful of parsley for an increased detox effect.
    Blend and enjoy!

It was so good
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am having a problem with the website. I can't get the page to load. I have tried to load it from different computers and even updated my flash player. I really want to see the week 5 weigh ins.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the Big Losers!!!!!!!! The new food that I tried was quinoa and wheat berries....both very tasty and full of nutrients and protein. Who knew something that looks like flower seeds could be so tasty!!!!!

My NSV...I am 2 sizes from shopping at Victoria's Secrets!

Kristy, thanks for keeping everything so organized.

Pam
  • Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    NSV: I was able to jog 1/4 mile tonight at boot camp. I walked halfway back then busted it out with a jog back.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have two NSVs. The first one is, my clothes are starting to hang on me and I had to buy a few new things!! The second is, my running is becoming easier!! Even when I do my ultra events and have to carry my hydration pack that weighs about six pounds when fully loaded with water and food!! :drinker: