June Walking Challenge - Break a sweat!

Options

Replies

• onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    [/quote]Dance is the answer. It is so much more fun! Pick a duration or step goal instead of distance. Find the tunes, videos or class you love and dance, Dance, DANCE!

If you'd told me 3 years ago that I'd be taking three 2 hr dance classes a week:noway: , I'd have laughed myself right off the couch...:laugh:
    [/quote]

I use to do Jazzercise. LOVED IT. Now there isn't one close since we moved. Too bad :sad:
  • onehecticmom
    Options
    Sophia and I went for our morning walk today..45 min and 401 calories burned.Thinking about going for a 2nd round later tonight!

How did you do that? I did 46 minutes at a 3.6 pace & it gave me less than 300 calorie credit. I push my 3yo 30lb son in his stroller while I walk. Can I get extra credit for that? Which entry would you use on MFP?
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I got in a little more than 5 miles - in 95 degree heat no less. Gotta love the ladies I walk with - :smooched: Today is much cooler - will see how much further we can go.:smile:
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Sophia and I went for our morning walk today..45 min and 401 calories burned.Thinking about going for a 2nd round later tonight!

How did you do that? I did 46 minutes at a 3.6 pace & it gave me less than 300 calorie credit. I push my 3yo 30lb son in his stroller while I walk. Can I get extra credit for that? Which entry would you use on MFP?

I walk FAST,and it was about 75-80 degrees,I have lots of hills in my neighborhood.I also don't stop my HRM till my heart rate is at 110,So It was about 50-55 min.I try to keep my pace going up hills also.:smile:
  • Jessicapages
    Options

I walk FAST,and it was about 75-80 degrees,I have lots of hills in my neighborhood.I also don't stop my HRM till my heart rate is at 110,So It was about 50-55 min.I try to keep my pace going up hills also.:smile:

Do you have a HRM?? Before I had one I would use the MFP calorie burn and it was WAY WAY under what I REALLY was burning.Mine has a chest strap and is really easy to use!
  • onehecticmom
    Options

Do you have a HRM?? Before I had one I would use the MFP calorie burn and it was WAY WAY under what I REALLY was burning.Mine has a chest strap and is really easy to use!

No, I don't. Does it track calories burned as well? Very new to this. DH added Sketchers fit tracker to my phone. It tracks distance via GPS and tracks time. It gives me an average MPH & shows roughly the same amt of calories burned. But it would make sense that actual heartrate would determine calorie burn.

Once you determine your calorie burn, do you just eat that many extra calories during the day? Can you manually add calorie burn to MFP?
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I did 5 miles today - I'd say around half of it I upped my pace and knocked 10 mins off my time in both directions. By the time I got into town, it was too busy to walk quickly so I just wandered along looking in shop windows at clothes there's no point in buying as they are going to be too big for me in 2 months!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Everyone seems to be getting off to a flying start!
    Mimi and Mary, glad to see you here! Good luck!
    Hope you all have a great day!
  • Jessicapages
    Options

No, I don't. Does it track calories burned as well? Very new to this. DH added Sketchers fit tracker to my phone. It tracks distance via GPS and tracks time. It gives me an average MPH & shows roughly the same amt of calories burned. But it would make sense that actual heartrate would determine calorie burn.

Once you determine your calorie burn, do you just eat that many extra calories during the day? Can you manually add calorie burn to MFP?

Yup it tracks calories burned I got it from Sports Authorty it was $100 it is a Sports Line.If you do decide to get one they have cheaper ones at Wal-mart and Target,or really expencive ones like the BodyBug.I Highly suggest getting one,but I would get one with a chest strap.I think the also have them that count your steps along with calories burned.You can go to your exersise diary and if you don't see what you are looking for you can go to "add exersise"then type in waht you are looking for if it does not come up you can go to the bottom and it say's "add an exersise to database" type in what you did and for how long and how many calories burned,it will save it to you diary and you can use it again.I do this alot because I can't find what I am looking for.Today I put in "Pushing stoller with 20 pound toddler".Hope this helps:smile:
  • bex481
    bex481 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I did 40 minutes today!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    35 minutes today. I hoped for more but am glad for what I got.
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    Did another 45 min tonight by myself (much needed today) just me and my tunes :smile: burned another 306 calories.Think I will call it a night!Hope everyone has a great night:smile:
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    got in my first walk for this month, 45 min
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    2.5 miles yesterday, 1.5 today - total of 4 miles so far for the month - hope I can hit my goal and exceed this month!.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    30 minutes today! :)
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Getting a late start but count me in - did 65 miles in May ..... my goal 76 miles for June - 3 miles down onl 67 more to go!!!! Woo Hoo!!:drinker:

Yea Us!!
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Great realization Mimi, bet Izzy enjoys it too :wink: 14517 steps today, that's a number I never thought I'd see... :noway:
    Now if I could just figure out how to update my ticker... maybe tomorrow...:yawn:
  • Danthewatcher
    Options
    Night shift has advantages.
    Sure it's 02:48 by the time you park the car at home BUT: walking is such a charm.
    Brisk breeze, no distractions, no drivers potentially running you down, and when there is a car coming, you hear it for miles!

Best of all?
    The stars!
    It's awesome.

Have a nice day peeps.
    :)
  • MargieWalsh
    MargieWalsh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Again, 15 minutes today.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    40 minutes first thing this morning. I got up early to take Suzie Q for a long walk, because today she is spending the day at the doggie spa getting her summer do. It was so pleasant; I should do this more often. And an added bonus - the sunflowers are blooming!
  • frogy_98
    frogy_98 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am going to set up my tracker now, love this one. Fits my goals perfectly! Check back in soon!

Tracy:tongue: