30 day shred 5/31 start

Options

Replies

• jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! So I started today... it kicked my butt!! I was actually very surprised how bad I was! Thank goodness Jillian keeps talking in there about pushing through it and working for what we want because I got so distraught in the first 10 minutes that I wanted to cry. I never realized that I let myself get THIS bad! I used to be a personal trainer and trained other people how to exercise! Now I can't handle a 20 min workout! Hell, even a 10 min workout! And to top it off, I started a "biggest loser" -type competition at my wok and it started today. I weighed in as the heaviest girl in my office - 245 lbs. Wow.

But, I know it'll get easier. Thanks to all of you for your inspiration. Day two is coming early and I still have work to do tonight! Goodnight everyone!
  • elly620
    elly620 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i just finished DAY 3... wow i'm so sore. i don't think i'm getting any better at it thou. :-( but i will keep on goin. :-)
  • mishmz
    mishmz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3! I feel like my muscles don't really get a chance to recover, I could only do half the push-ups in the beginning and had to switch from jumping rope to butt kicks because my calves hurt too much. I'm not sure if repeating these exercises on the same sore/potentially strained muscles is a good thing to do... I guess we'll see how day 4 goes!
  • monkeybu
    monkeybu Posts: 34
    Options
    Cripes, I'm just about to do day 3 and I'm dreading it, I'm so sore from yesterday's effort, especially my quads. However I'm hell bent on doing this right and so I'm going to grit my teeth and do it! Well done to all you great people who are kicking butt
  • mishmz
    mishmz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Okay, Day 4 wasn't so bad (and I did it after a lengthy bike ride). So stay positive, it'll get easier!
  • caretmier
    caretmier Posts: 66
    Options
    Okay, Day 4 wasn't so bad (and I did it after a lengthy bike ride). So stay positive, it'll get easier!

I totally agree! Day 4 seemed much better than the first 3 days! Not sure how or why but yesterday was super tough I didnt even want to attempt today! I got to those anterior raises and I managed to keep up today (but I wasnt able to bring the weights up to eye level).

I really had no motivation to workout today, but the friends I have made on MFP really motivated to get it done! I am so thankful for everyone here! The push I get from here really enables me to see my own self-improvement! :happy:
  • elly620
    Options
    i just finished day 4 also. it wasn't too bad. can't wait for tomorrows workout.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I am going to try and find the dvd next time I go to the city...I really want to try this!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! So I started today... it kicked my butt!! I was actually very surprised how bad I was! Thank goodness Jillian keeps talking in there about pushing through it and working for what we want because I got so distraught in the first 10 minutes that I wanted to cry. I never realized that I let myself get THIS bad! I used to be a personal trainer and trained other people how to exercise! Now I can't handle a 20 min workout! Hell, even a 10 min workout! And to top it off, I started a "biggest loser" -type competition at my wok and it started today. I weighed in as the heaviest girl in my office - 245 lbs. Wow.

But, I know it'll get easier. Thanks to all of you for your inspiration. Day two is coming early and I still have work to do tonight! Goodnight everyone!

Good luck with the competition. Hopefully you can win! What is the prize? I was never a personal trainer but I was a competitive athlete and I totalyl understand about how hard it is trying to get back there. I also get so mad with myself for letting me get to this point where I have to lose weight. We will get there--maybe not back to what we were but something better. :)

Day 4 done! I did 20 whole push ups in a row!!!! I also did 5 more in the second set. I felt like I was going to die though but yay for doing them.

I'm very excited though, since the warm weather has FINALLY arrived here I was looking for shorts that fit. Well I found a bunch in a drawer from before getting married and before baby which were always kind of tight even way back when and they all fit! Loosely!
  • beancurdie
    beancurdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Nice work finishing up Day 4!

I was very tempted to skip Shred tonight. My husband is out of town and I took the boys out for dinner and we ran a ton of errands. Once they were in bed, I was so close to plunking myself down on the couch and vegging in front of TV. Have you guys looked at the Shred post on the Success Stories board? I spent some time looking through it this afternoon, so I popped in Shred and pushed through Day 4. Now I'm wide awake and sweaty. :D

I also took some "before" pics today. *shudder* I need to find my measuring tape so I can delete them!
  • beancurdie
    Options
    I'm very excited though, since the warm weather has FINALLY arrived here I was looking for shorts that fit. Well I found a bunch in a drawer from before getting married and before baby which were always kind of tight even way back when and they all fit! Loosely!

Nice! It's so gratifying to go shopping in your own room, isn't it?
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options

Good luck with the competition. Hopefully you can win! What is the prize? I was never a personal trainer but I was a competitive athlete and I totalyl understand about how hard it is trying to get back there. I also get so mad with myself for letting me get to this point where I have to lose weight. We will get there--maybe not back to what we were but something better. :)

Day 4 done! I did 20 whole push ups in a row!!!! I also did 5 more in the second set. I felt like I was going to die though but yay for doing them.

Thanks for the response! The prize for the competition is actually money. We will all put in money depending on where we are on the list when we weigh in each week. For example, the bottom two people will put in $2 each and the middle people will all put in $1. The "pot" won't be big, but I'd guess around $50. Who couldn't use that? :)

Good job on the push ups! I'm still struggling!

So, today was only day 2 for me. But I went to the gym after work and then went to my in-laws with my son and hubby. They ordered pizza. I had some. JUST JOKING!! I actually left their house before the pizza got there, went home, and exercised AGAIN! Day 2 of the Shred. It actually went a little better I think, even though I was sore. This is SO going to be worth it!

Good luck to all of you! Glad to hear day 4 seems to be the turning point for some of you! It'll be good to get there!
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I skipped the Shred for 2 days in a row. Not good. I really don't have a good excuse other than not feeling like doing anything but going to bed by the time I finally get the TV/DVD player to myself. I don't like the guilt I have from not working out, so I am getting back on track right now!!!!
  • monkeybu
    monkeybu Posts: 34
    Options
    Just done with day 4 and so glad I did it - it was easier tonight and my legs are slowly becoming less sore. Still a killer workout but less painful if that makes any sense. The only thing that really gets me is the cardio in the first circuit - that second set of jumping jacks I can barely leave the ground at all!!

Day 5 tomorrow, halfway through workout 1 - woohoo!!
  • elly620
    Options
    just finished day 5. This time i did level 2. i think i did pretty good. :) my new work out buddy helps me to keep up with it (my buddy is my daughter tati :) i feel very proud of her and myself. :happy:
  • kcarreno
    kcarreno Posts: 48
    Options
    Glad to hear I was not the only one who skipped a few days. My kids have had a stomach bug for the past couples days, which equals no sleep and no exercising for mommy. Hoping everyone starts to feel better soon! Ready to get back in to things!
  • kcarreno
    kcarreno Posts: 48
    Options
    Glad to hear I was not the only one who skipped a few days. My kids have had a stomach bug for the past couples days, which equals no sleep and no exercising for mommy. Hoping everyone starts to feel better soon! Ready to get back in to things!
  • beancurdie
    Options
    Day 5 tomorrow, halfway through workout 1 - woohoo!!

I know! I'm definitely feeling that I have a good handle on Level One.

I skipped TurboJam this morning and I was a horrible beast all afternoon. Popped in Shred and I feel much better. I'm a bit worried about this coming week. I have to report to Jury Duty on Monday and I have to be downtown when I'm usually still getting ready in the am. There is no way I'm going to get both workouts done. Grrr. Stupid civic duty. :p
  • tyg4bless
    tyg4bless Posts: 7
    Options
    I started on wednesday! i'm so in!
  • tyg4bless
    tyg4bless Posts: 7
    Options
    I just have to stay motivated!!!