Labor Day Challenge--Any takers??

Options
ace175
ace175 Posts: 518 Member
Hey all! I just thought of creating a group challenge through the summer until Labor Day (Sept. 5)! There are 97 days and some hours till Labor day and was thinking, if there were any interested people, in starting a weight loss challenge??
Let me know what you think!

Edit---- if you want to join send me a request with your starting weight and how much you would like to lose in that time and I'll set up a spread sheet or something and set up everyones information and keep track of it!

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I am in for anything you organize! I know exactly where I want to be by Labor Day!
  • ace175
    Options
    Awesome!! How much do you think it's possible to lose in that much time, I believe it's about 13 weeks
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i'm so in!! Summer is a very tempting time!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    For me personally... if I say anything more than 10lbs I am setting myself up for failure! I am a SLOW weight loss gal ... but I would like to think I could lose a bit more. :)
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am in also
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I am game!!!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I would be up for one. They say it's not safe to lose more than 1-2 lbs/week...which if it's 13 weeks, that would be 26 lbs if you're doing 2 lbs/week...so maybe lose 25 lbs by Labor Day?
  • Riotactor10
    Riotactor10 Posts: 37
    Options
    I am potentially interested once you get some more details together!
  • Nosetotoes
    Nosetotoes Posts: 4
    Options
    i'm totally interested :) starting weight: 210 ...
  • ace175
    Options
    I am potentially interested once you get some more details together!

Ok so I edited my Original post but if you'd like to join send me your starting weight and your goal weight you'd like to reach by that time and I can keep track of everyone's info on a spread sheet or something

We should do weekly weigh-ins....does anyone have a preference? I currently weigh-in on Wednesdays but it doesn't matter which day to me really
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I always weigh-in on Friday. Maybe let everyone keep their normal weigh-in date and just have everyone report to you no later than Sunday of that week.
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    I'm in. I will message you my details, but I absolutely refuse to stand on a scale until 6:15am on 6/15/2011. That's when I will officially be 32 years old and giving myself a nice birthday gift. :)
  • Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    Options
    Sounds fabulous!! Thanks for setting it up!! I'll send you a message with my stats and goals!! Looking forward to this summer's successes!!!
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    SW: 164
    GW: 154 ( i will no longer be in the "overweight" category of BMI)
  • kheaudet
    kheaudet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am SO in!

25 lbs would be fab!

SW225
    CW213
    GW140

GW for this challenge: 188
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I have never done a challenge I sure we have to friend each other I want to lose 30
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm GAME! SW 193.6 GW 176 lbs
  • jesst8800
    jesst8800 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm in! I'd like to lose 20 pounds by then! Do I send you a message or something?
  • Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    Options
    Anybody on the thread feel free to add me as a friend!! Extra help with motivation!!
  • ace175
    Options
    I always weigh-in on Friday. Maybe let everyone keep their normal weigh-in date and just have everyone report to you no later than Sunday of that week.

Hmmm I do kind of like this idea! What does everyone else think??