Labor Day Challenge--Any takers??

Options

Replies

• cindysharp1
    cindysharp1 Posts: 20
    Options
    I would love to do this I am at 187 and usually weigh in on thursdays. I want to lose 20 pounds.
  • krevelle65
    krevelle65 Posts: 189
    Options
    I'm in.
    5/30/11
    HW: 282
    SW: 272
    CW: 265
    Goal1:255 by 7/4/11
    Goal2:240 by labor day
    Goal3:200 by 1/1/12
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Great! I believe I have everyone's info so far

so weigh ins will be weekly and you can send it to me any day you please....just make sure I get it once a week!
  • juliej65
    juliej65 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just joined today .. I am 46 years old and have three daughters .. 21, 23 and one is 2 1/2 years old!... I am also about to be a grandmother any minute! I have to do this for my kids. Particularly my little one - and the grandbaby on the way....

I was in great shape before the last baby 160 lbs and a size 10... Size doesn't really matter now.. I just need the energy to be present for my little one(s).

So starting weight is 215.. Goal weight is 160lb -
  • ace175
    Options
    Ok, so someone mentioned weekly challenges....such as 100 situps or drinking so many cups of water a day etc...what does everyone think of this???
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Count me in with my message sent to you :)

SW: 169
    GW: 149

20 lbs might be a lofty goal, and it more than likely is, but I like to think I'll be able to make it :)

And I REALLY like the idea of weekly challenges! Keeps it interesting! :)
  • ace175
    Options

And I REALLY like the idea of weekly challenges! Keeps it interesting! :)

Great! (and I got your info!!)

What do you think we do for this first week?
  • monkeefun
    Options
    May I push for situps so I'll be motivated to do it again? LOL
  • ace175
    Options
    Sit ups work for me! I need to start doing them again as well! I'm thinking a certain number per day...what do you think? How many?
  • monkeefun
    Options
    I'd say anywhere from 50-100. Depends on everyone else though and if they're into it and how many they'd like! :)
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I'm in as well. SW is 202. GW is 175
    I weigh in on Fridays.
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    No matter what the scale says, you started on your journey and that is a wonderful gift to yourself and your family and friends. Good for you!
  • ace175
    Options
    I was thinking 100 as well!!
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    This would be perfect for me, as we are going on a cruise on Sept. 2! But I am new to the MFP family. Do I need to "friend" you to send my details or would just posting them work?
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi Is it to late to join?
    SW 167
    GW 150 by Labor day
  • ace175
    Options
    Hi Is it to late to join?
    SW 167
    GW 150 by Labor day

Nope! Not to late! And I got your numbers down!
    Send me your weekly weigh-in, which every day you'd like but make sure it's once a week!
    This week we're going to try to do 100 sit ups a day....if you can't do 100, just do as many as you can! Some is better than none!
  • supermom4abcd
    supermom4abcd Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I have 25 pounds left to lose and I'd live to knock off 20 of those this summer!

DeAnn

SW: 149.7
    Labor Day: 129.7

Ohhh it gets me excited just typing that number in!
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this challenge!

SW: 211.6
    GW by Labor Day: 196 (Will be simply "overweight" and not "obese" on the BMI scale.)

I'll plan on checking in on Friday's. Thanks for this great challenge!
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    I just joined today .. I am 46 years old and have three daughters .. 21, 23 and one is 2 1/2 years old!... I am also about to be a grandmother any minute! I have to do this for my kids. Particularly my little one - and the grandbaby on the way....

I was in great shape before the last baby 160 lbs and a size 10... Size doesn't really matter now.. I just need the energy to be present for my little one(s).

• ace175
    Options

Great, got you info!! Send me your weigh in once a week...so by this Sunday!! :)