Labor Day Challenge--Any takers??

Options

Replies

• ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Got your info nichole! Send me your weekly weigh in!!
    This week's challenge is to do 100 sit ups a day. If you can't do that many, or can do more, that's fine too!!

Will we post here or will you post a link to a new post (closed) or how ill this work. Just want to know where I post...

100 might kill me everyday but I will try.

Hmm I suppose just post here, or send to me in a message...I think making a new one might be confusing and some peoples numbers could get lost!
  • Angelamu7
    Angelamu7 Posts: 58
    Options
    Go ahead and take me off this challange...the 100 sit-ups is at a diff. fitness level then me and I already feel like a failure so I really don't need a challage to remind me of that.

Thanks and good luck!
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'll join if it not too late!
    Sw: 240
    Gw: 210
  • luelue1971
    luelue1971 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join also if I still can.

SW:214.8
    Labor Day

GW: 189
  • ace175
    Options
    OK, askme12 and luelue1971 I got your numbers recorded!! We just started Monday, but we're doing weigh-ins whenever you normally weigh in...which means send me your weigh ins once a week by every sunday (so this week there's 4 more days left, not including today to weigh-in!)
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I just finished my first week and had some great success!

First was my goal of being able to get in a full mile in 20 min. or less on the treadmill. I did it today! It was a real push for the last 2/10ths of a mile, but I did it!

Second, I got on the scale and have lost 6 lbs.! I don't expect that to keep up (I know it's mostly water weight lol), but it is nice to see that number really move.

I am not ready to do 100 situps (I can't get down to the floor yet, never mind get back up!), but I know that working out at all will make a difference.

I hope everyone has a great day.
  • ace175
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I just finished my first week and had some great success!

First was my goal of being able to get in a full mile in 20 min. or less on the treadmill. I did it today! It was a real push for the last 2/10ths of a mile, but I did it!

Second, I got on the scale and have lost 6 lbs.! I don't expect that to keep up (I know it's mostly water weight lol), but it is nice to see that number really move.

I am not ready to do 100 situps (I can't get down to the floor yet, never mind get back up!), but I know that working out at all will make a difference.

I hope everyone has a great day.

That's great on the running a full mile!! Keep up the awesome work!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and take me off this challange...the 100 sit-ups is at a diff. fitness level then me and I already feel like a failure so I really don't need a challage to remind me of that.

Thanks and good luck!

I don't necessarily plan on doing the weekly challenges simply because it's hard for me to keep up with all the posts and know exactly what each weekly challenge is. I think if you simply set a weight-loss goal, you just need to do what YOU can do to reach your goal. Don't get discouraged by others and don't feel like a failure. The important thing is that you try.
  • ace175
    Options

Thanks and good luck!

I don't necessarily plan on doing the weekly challenges simply because it's hard for me to keep up with all the posts and know exactly what each weekly challenge is. I think if you simply set a weight-loss goal, you just need to do what YOU can do to reach your goal. Don't get discouraged by others and don't feel like a failure. The important thing is that you try.

The weekly challenge isn't a requirement! Someone just messaged me suggesting doing a weekly challenge, so I decided to add it on here! Don't feel like a failure at all!
  • Athena413
    Options
    I don't mind to do the weekly challenges if someone wants to send me a message of what it is each week. I just can't keep up with the message boards like I'd like to because I've been so busy playing catch-up with other things because of the tornado. :yawn:
  • ace175
    Options
    I don't mind to do the weekly challenges if someone wants to send me a message of what it is each week. I just can't keep up with the message boards like I'd like to because I've been so busy playing catch-up with other things because of the tornado. :yawn:

I will definitely send you a message about new challenges, so if you want to do it that week, you'll know what it is!!
  • Athena413
    Options

I will definitely send you a message about new challenges, so if you want to do it that week, you'll know what it is!!

You = awesome
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Can i wait till monday and weigh in of next week going to be out of town starting tomorrow ?
  • ace175
    Options
    Can i wait till monday and weigh in of next week going to be out of town starting tomorrow ?

That's fine! Just message me with your weigh in!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    100 sit ups is great, can we do them anyway we want....I use a exercise ball with legs lifted, not sure if I can do 100 at one time so I will do in the morning and at night. 50/50 is this ok as long as we do them?

I will probably have to do it this way as well! Sit ups and I don't get along LOL! Too much tummy not enough sit!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    100 sit ups is great, can we do them anyway we want....I use a exercise ball with legs lifted, not sure if I can do 100 at one time so I will do in the morning and at night. 50/50 is this ok as long as we do them?

I will probably have to do it this way as well! Sit ups and I don't get along LOL! Too much tummy not enough sit!

I get the too much tummy! I was able to do a set of 12 crunches on the "crunch machine" with the strength trainer today. My belly kept getting in the way, but as she said, it's in the way now, but it won't be!
  • Athena413
    Options
    I'm such a dork...haha...

I just did 175 crunches (can't do actual situps) to try and make up for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of no crunches. I figure if I take the weekly total divided by the 4 days left of this week...I'll still get in all of my crunches for this week! :drinker:
  • ace175
    Options
    I hope everyone has a great weekend!! And don't forget to send me this week's weigh-ins (or post here if you'd like) by the end of Sunday night! New week starts Monday!!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to do the sit ups...but not only does the tummy get in the way but my back is all messed up and oh my does it hurt to do full sit ups. I'm going to do crunches if that's ok? Trying to get my doctor to take me seriously when I say my back is messed up is like trying to say up is down LOL
  • ace175
    Options
    I've been trying to do the sit ups...but not only does the tummy get in the way but my back is all messed up and oh my does it hurt to do full sit ups. I'm going to do crunches if that's ok? Trying to get my doctor to take me seriously when I say my back is messed up is like trying to say up is down LOL

crunches are totally fine! (I do crunches too lol...now way I can sit up with my tummy lol)