June Move Your @SS Challenge...

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
well here it is....the new thread for the move your @ss challenge....set your goal, make your ticker or add your goal and current miles moved into your signature and get moving starting tomorrow 6/1...please do not post any may miles here...dinos will update our may spreadsheet once today 5/31 has ended.....only add june goals/miles here....
welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself....

Edit for more detail for newbies:
we have been moving our @sses with measurable distances since november as a group of people here on MFP....several have been doing it since the beginnning some come new in each month and some drop off after joining....the goal is to set a distance goal KM or Miles and track your distance for the month...you are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the miles can be on a treadmill, the stairmaster, the elliptical, the bike, rollerblades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a goal and do the work...report to the thread often to keep dinos updated because he tracks our info on a spreadsheet so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to compete with them.....the idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month...welcome and good luck if you decide to join us...

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Still trying to figure out what my June goal will be.... :)
  • shannonaufman
    shannonaufman Posts: 383
    Options
    75 again. Bound and determined!! Let's go June!!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I think I'll be ambitious and bump my goal up to 50 miles! Since the weather is so nice I've been taking my baby for at least 2 walks a day. I'm a little worried about when we go on our vacation in a couple weeks... but I still think I'll be okay. I'll make a new ticker tonight. Good luck everyone!!!
  • petchonka82
    petchonka82 Posts: 156
    Options
    Alright. My goal is 1 mile a day for at least 5 days a week...so I'm setting it at 25 but hope to blow that out of the water!
  • justyourtypicalgirl
    justyourtypicalgirl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.
    My goal for this month is 140 miles - running, spinning, and elipticalling. It's gonna hurt.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    welcome brandi...sooooo glad you are joining us.....you can do it...you can do it....question?? how do you track spinning??? does your bike have an odometer??? ours dont unfortunately...blahhhh....
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I'm lowering my goal to 75. Between my foot problem and wanting to focus on strangth training, I feel it's best to lower it and not feel bad for not meeting a higher goal. :happy:
  • bluiz13
    Options
    I'm lowering my goal to 75. Between my foot problem and wanting to focus on strength training, I feel it's best to lower it and not feel bad for not meeting a higher goal. :happy:

ummmm yeahhhhh, i told you that last month lol but you didnt listen....

i too am focusing on strength 3 times a week but am also still planning 3 runs a week so i will be lowering my goal this month to 40 miles....if and when i do more BONUS...but i really want to get the flab gone and replaced with some lean muscle and i cant do that with just cardio and unfortunately i cant measure my distance during spin class or i'd make it higher...
  • janana021
    janana021 Posts: 69
    Options
    I feel like I failed in May. I set the goal at 100 miles. I completely 60 miles. So I'm going for the 100 miles AGAIN! And I hope to complete it. Wishing me and everyone luck in the goals!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!! (thanks, Amazingmummy for sharing this link w/me!)

My goal is 45 miles of running!

Good luck, everyone!!
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Pleasure is all mine, Ailene. The more the merrier.

Moving this month. So will be able to record miles for only first half of the month. aiming for 45 miles this month. Hoping I can do it comfortably and may be go higher.
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Jumping in with both feet. I didn't make my May 40 walking miles challenge. Soooo I will set my June Move My *kitten* Challenge for 40 miles once again. And this time I will not get lazy and I will finish it :smooched:

Keep moving everyone!!!

P.S. Thank you once again Bluiz and Dinos for keeping up this thread.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    This month I am reducing my goal by 25. The 150 is just a little steep. I need to recoup....mentally and physically. My run routine is awesome and I will biking alot this month. Woohooo

Lets make June the best! I only have a month left or my mini goal six more pounds....oh boy
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    May was an interesting month. I wanted to reach 25 miles but barely made it past 14.

This is a new month and I plan to do even more! I am going to reach 30 miles this month! I already have the ticker set up in my signature (30 Miles in 30 Days)!

Bring It On June!
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hello, love to join in!

I have a foot injury that blows up from time to time so I need to be realistic as physio have told me to pace things so it doesn't flare up and mean I can' t move again! So I will start off steady so as not feel a failure, then if I pass it that is great:

4 days a week x 1 mile = 4 miles a week
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to run 60 miles this month. And I'm going to have to get my @ss back to the gym, because running in heat and humidity sucks! :laugh:
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this! I'm going to try for 75 miles between running and swimming. This should be a serious challenge for me!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Last month my goal was 50 and I was 10.5 miles over. This month I am thinking I want to try for 75 miles!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Going 80 again this month. Good luck everyone!
  • AMcMaster
    AMcMaster Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i would like to join to, can u help me new to this