June Move Your @SS Challenge...

Options

Replies

• anne_maureen74
    Options
    Thanks! I have a ticker now, and my first Move my @SS Challenge has begun! :)
  • cindylee123
    cindylee123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is my very first post. Please go easy on me if I'm not doing it right. :) I want to join the Move challenge for June with a goal of 50 lbs! Do I just update my ticker and post the number of miles completed on this thread? Also, I saw that someone mentioned there's a google spreadsheet where we can see the group's progress? Where can I find that? Thanks everyone!!
  • MisMolly
    MisMolly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Current mileage: 8
    Goal Mileage: 65

I know I said 55, but I think I am going to bump my goal up to 65 miles.
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge.

Good luck to everybody.
  • miswen
    miswen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Glad the sun came out today- went for a long walk after dinner. 7 miles today.
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    5.3 done!
  • rhapsody527
    Options
    I would love to join if it is not too late! This is my first time, and I am setting my goal at 50 miles. Good luck everyone =)
  • MrsWendyQ
    MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    5.31 miles down....

Question, why doesn't my ticker have hash lines? Anyone know?
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I am thinking from here on out I really should wait till the end of the day. I ended up taking the dogs for a walk for another 0.67 miles
  • pamelajoyce84
    pamelajoyce84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just joined My Fitness Pal today. Hope this challenge helps me to stay motivated to move some of these pounds off!

4 miles down so far. Hoping to walk about 10 miles a week and do some strength training as well.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    5.31 miles down....

Question, why doesn't my ticker have hash lines? Anyone know?

Do you have it set for a black background? That would make the font white, and wouldn't show on here.
  • grmacgirl
    grmacgirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    2.3 done
    Not feeling well over the past two days - hope to get back into full swing this weekend!!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Went on a little bike ride this evening, as well as a family walk. Ticker is updated!
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Its a start walked 2 miles today.

June goal 40 miles - 2 miles walked today = 38 more miles to meet target.

Keep moving everyone :)
  • Jesscox17
    Jesscox17 Posts: 33
    Options
    This sounds great my goal is 60 miles.

Great challenge!!
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This weekend I will be walking 39.3 miles in the 2-Day Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Chicago. I will post a few miles later. I don't want to do too much today, just enough to stay limber for tomorrow. I'm super excited for this walk. It will be my 3rd time participating and I still get ridiculously emotional. A high school friend of mine passed away last year at just 33 years old and I have another friend who is 39 who is battling it out right now.

I'm super close to my fundraising goal. Just $125 short. I know times are tough with our economy, but if you can, please donate. ANY donation of ANY size makes a difference. The link to my walk page is below. Please visit it even if it's just to read why I do this walk and why I fight for a cure.

Oh, and keep moving your a$$e$!!!! You are all off to an amazing start!!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    1 mile total before and after upper body weights and spin class...updated ticker...
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    3 miles this morning!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Woot! Finished my Active.com 10k training plan today! Warrior Dash (3.5 miles) is a week from tomorrow, and my first 10k isn't until the end of July, so I'll just continue with the last few weeks of that training plan until then, alternating longer and shorter runs.

Today, I covered 4.3 miles. Some very hilly running, some walking, and a .29 mile fast lap around the block where I averaged 7.85 mph! I didn't know I could go that fast! I credit Rammstein's "Du Hast." Can't go slow to that song. :laugh:

So that puts me at 14.9 for the month. Getting a tattoo this afternoon, then going to rest for a few days. It's going to be between my shoulder blades, and unless I can find a sports bra that isn't a t-back, I'm not going to want anything rubbing back there.
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Pedometer said I did 6.0 miles yesterday. Added to ticker :)