Like Minded Lushes June 2011

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Monday=Margarita at La Loma, really good. I ordered the house marg but the bartender accidentally made the cadillac marg but didn't charge me for it. mmm...
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Monday=Margarita at La Loma, really good. I ordered the house marg but the bartender accidentally made the cadillac marg but didn't charge me for it. mmm...

YUUMMMMM...booze for me tomorrow!
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm trying not to drink this weekend and I'm already dreading it, got a 13.1 mile midnight walk on Saturday night so that will keepme straight on Sat, only got Thur, Fri and Sun to worry about :laugh:
  • kaitthegr8t
    kaitthegr8t Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow I think I have found my PEOPLE on here! lol. I usually do well with drinking during the week, as in I don't at all. But wow softball night comes around on Friday and I am drinking the night away.. then Saturday is a waste (like meeee). So far this week:
    Mon- 0
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options

Love it when that happens!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Robin, I'm telling you, mix it with lemonade for a "Naughty Arnold Palmer"...sooooo good!!!!

I stuck with my one beer yesterday.

Monday-1
    yep I used minute maid light lemonade and had about 3 of them. really yummy.
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    BOMBED my projected "0" out of the water yesterday when I remembered my home pub had Monday $1.25 pints AND I was supposed to go by and pick up a resume the owner had for me to look at....

Soooo.....

Monday - 8 (96 oz) :drinker: :ohwell: :blushing:
    Tuesday - 0 (I'm hoping)
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Good thread! I know wine is keeping me from dropping my 15 lbs or so to my goal weight :( It's SO hard to give it up! Having a tough time of it... Glad to find this support thread :)

Jen
  • mom2boys75
    mom2boys75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    DH bought Sweet Tea vodka. I haven't tried it yet but I really want to. I think I will. I came home from work and cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed the stairs so I did do something good once I got home.

I've been "lurking" on this board for awhile and I love it! I, too, am a "drinker" -- for me, it's a glass or two of wine in the evening. On the weekends sometimes a little more.

My husband and I were introduced to Sweet Tea vodka last summer when we went boating with some friends. It's very good -- but be careful -- it can knock you on your butt. It just tastes like you're drinking iced tea and by the time you realize how much you've had, you can be pretty wasted. : )
  • ParisPenguin
    ParisPenguin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am so thankful I found this group! My friend pokes fun at me and always asks if I'm "saving my calories for wine?" Sometimes I am. Sometimes I just drink it on top of my calories.

And I know that's my problem. My weight would drop drastically if I could cut out those calories. I think I'll give vanilla vodka and diet coke a shot. Yum:)

"Here's to you and here's to me, and may we never disagree. And if we ever disagree, f*&k you, here's to me!" :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    welcome newbies...keep on chiming in. the more the merrier!
    i've got 3 days until i leave for vacay and i really need to try to stay good. at least the weather is starting to feel like summer here. finally in the upper 70's so i'm going to hit the pool and do some swimming.
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    "Here's to you and here's to me, and may we never disagree. And if we ever disagree, f*&k you, here's to me!" :drinker:

That used to be our group "shot" saying!!! LOVE IT!
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Options

That used to be our group "shot" saying!!! LOVE IT!

Haha!!! Ours too!!!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Just been catching up with the posts, hope everyone is well, there's some tasty sounding drinks being drunk!!

I haven't had a drink since last Friday. I'm going out with some colleagues this Friday, I might drink, in fact I might need to drink to survive it!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 2 glasses of wine
    Tuesday, 0 drinks

Weigh-in for the comp is tomorrow...Here's :drinker: hoping that I don't get eliminated
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Kim!!

My mom came over to help me declutter and clean the downstairs area...it's the kids' play-room/office so we're not down there much and you needed hip waders to get through all the crap. I've had 2 s.f. red bull and vodkas today, but I also burned close to 500 calories with all the cleaning, scrubbing, climbing, etc.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 s.f. red bull and vodkas today, but I also burned close to 500 calories with all the cleaning, scrubbing, climbing, etc.

Sound like a "wash" :wink: :laugh: :laugh: Pun intended
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    It was finally warm enough to get in the pool today..I love to swim so it felt great to change up the exercise routine.
    But holy crap, I had forgotten how hungry swimming makes me! Someone stop me from eating everything in sight!!!! :tongue:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    okay sweet tea vodka and lemonade can be addicting must tell DH not to buy anymore or I am gonna gain everything I have lost.
    I am on # 2 already. Stressing about work. my contract is up in 4 weeks. they desparately want me to stay but they can't extend the contract because of potential layoffs in the skill code and direct employees need my spot so they said they wouldn't extend and they are trying to figure out a way to hire me direct but.......that could take a long time soooo.... I have an interview tomorrow for a different direct position so please cross fingers and toes!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    ugh I hate job hunting, prospect of losing a job. Such a stressful time. Good luck Robin. :flowerforyou:

Mon - 2 bottles of wine
    Tues - 0
    Wed - will be 0 as like Kim weigh in tomorrow for our comp. GO TEAM LUSHES! :drinker: