Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    good luck robin!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I have an interview tomorrow for a different direct position so please cross fingers and toes!

Consider them crossed
    GO TEAM LUSHES! :drinker:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    how many oz in a whole bottle of wine? *sigh*
  • nisijam5
    Options
    26.78 oz in a 750 ml bottle
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    well *kitten* :grumble:
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    "Here's to you and here's to me, and may we never disagree. And if we ever disagree, f*&k you, here's to me!" :drinker:

That used to be our group "shot" saying!!! LOVE IT!

Haha!!! Ours too!!!

Mine too! Ha. Funny!

Good luck, Robin! I hope they find a way to keep you on, such a silly shame!

I've got a big week coming up. I go a wedding for one of my college friends this weekend. Needless to say, they all drink like I do. Bunch of sorority sisters pretending we're still in college = booze booze booze. Though, my goal is stay away from beer, take it slow, and make sure that I am eating HALF way decently. Last weekend literally erased all of my progress from the week and I don't want that to be the case!

Sunday - 1 boulevard wheat
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - ?
    Thursday - ?
    Friday - LOTS
    Saturday LOTS
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making it to Granny land!!

I feel like junk today thanks to the numerous tequilla and Rumpie shots last night after each game of pool. So of course I went ahead and then got some taco bell which I pounded like no ones business and passed out before I could even clean up the mess. :noway:

I think I am going to need to take it a little easy seeing we have a volleyball tournament this weekend. :glasses:

Maybe just some wine. :love:

We have a new found passion for wine. I really like the cabs and merlots. I found a coppola called Russo I believe and I really like it. It was a mix of diff reds and priced well.

Anyone have good suggestions for a new wine couple? My wife is a lot more into moscatos and sweeter wines so it is rare I found one we are both really into. :drinker:

Usually only drink cab or shiraz or malbec or haha, jk!!! But Robert Mondavi has a really nice cab that I buy frequently and its usually always on sale. If you care to splurge on a special night Coppola Directors Cut Cab is it die for!!!!
    These days I have been buying boxes of Red Box Cab, its the best boxed wine I've found (comparible to most bottles too, quality wise) and it stays fresh so you don't feel like to have to finish the bottle....on another note, its does make it easier to have more, haha!!!!
    Oh and the red box is only 15calories per ounce (researched it on different sites) which is less than most wines!!!!
    Enjoy!

I will keep my eye out for the red box. Sounds awesome. I saw the Coppola you are talking about and it was a bit on the pricy but now I will have to try it.

I have this weird fear of boxed wine. I had like 4 friends growing up whos mothers all had franzia boxes in the fridge and they were always half drunk and lame parents. haha and here I am on a Lush post talking about lushness. haha
  • chrisyoung0422
    Options
    Congrats on making it to Granny land!!

I feel like junk today thanks to the numerous tequilla and Rumpie shots last night after each game of pool. So of course I went ahead and then got some taco bell which I pounded like no ones business and passed out before I could even clean up the mess. :noway:

I think I am going to need to take it a little easy seeing we have a volleyball tournament this weekend. :glasses:

Maybe just some wine. :love:

We have a new found passion for wine. I really like the cabs and merlots. I found a coppola called Russo I believe and I really like it. It was a mix of diff reds and priced well.

Anyone have good suggestions for a new wine couple? My wife is a lot more into moscatos and sweeter wines so it is rare I found one we are both really into. :drinker:

Usually only drink cab or shiraz or malbec or haha, jk!!! But Robert Mondavi has a really nice cab that I buy frequently and its usually always on sale. If you care to splurge on a special night Coppola Directors Cut Cab is it die for!!!!
    These days I have been buying boxes of Red Box Cab, its the best boxed wine I've found (comparible to most bottles too, quality wise) and it stays fresh so you don't feel like to have to finish the bottle....on another note, its does make it easier to have more, haha!!!!
    Oh and the red box is only 15calories per ounce (researched it on different sites) which is less than most wines!!!!
    Enjoy!
    I second the Robert Mondavi wines! That's the brand I buy for my bar... It's low cost yet gets great reviews from my customers.

I believe we had a bottle of this over the weekend. The name was Meritage or something similar. If it was that dudes it was really good and reasonable for price. :drinker:
  • chrisyoung0422
    Options
    DH bought Sweet Tea vodka. I haven't tried it yet but I really want to. I think I will. I came home from work and cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed the stairs so I did do something good once I got home.
    DON'T STRAIGHT SHOOT IT!!!! Made that mistake once and never drank it again! It's really good on the rocks though but for me personally I ruined it by straight shooting it after we ran out of whiskey and regular vodka:sick:

I SECOND THIS WARNING! I shot the mint sweet tea one and it was horrible. :sick:
  • chrisyoung0422
    Options
    okay sweet tea vodka and lemonade can be addicting must tell DH not to buy anymore or I am gonna gain everything I have lost.
    I am on # 2 already. Stressing about work. my contract is up in 4 weeks. they desparately want me to stay but they can't extend the contract because of potential layoffs in the skill code and direct employees need my spot so they said they wouldn't extend and they are trying to figure out a way to hire me direct but.......that could take a long time soooo.... I have an interview tomorrow for a different direct position so please cross fingers and toes!

Thats like a massive lame stress grenade.

I would have been drunk by 9 am.

Good luck!!
  • phillyrain
    phillyrain Posts: 19
    Options
    Mondavi wines are amazing! I just got back from Napa/Sonoma this weekend and picked up a few bottles from Sebastiani & Imagery estates to take home for the summer. Could not be more excited :). Also, definite overload on the champagne and alcohol this past weekend after graduating with my MS. Now summer starts!
  • kaitthegr8t
    kaitthegr8t Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Did well last night, went to dinner with my bf and stuck to water. I don't like to drink if he isn't because he is a pain if I get tipsy and he's sober... soooooo I had water with lemon.
    Tonight I am meeting a friend for either coffee or happy hour, so today could go very well or very drunk... :/
    Monday- 0
    Tuesday- 0
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Tuesday=0 drinks
    and that is three days without beer;)
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Mondavi wines are amazing! I just got back from Napa/Sonoma this weekend and picked up a few bottles from Sebastiani & Imagery estates to take home for the summer. Could not be more excited :). Also, definite overload on the champagne and alcohol this past weekend after graduating with my MS. Now summer starts!

I've been looking forward to going to Sonoma real soon! You got me real excited now.

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 3 beers I chugged before finding out in law's flight was canceled and they had to stay one more night.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Interview went well. Now I wait. I hate this part.:ohwell: I am sure I will drink something tonight. picked up a bunch of wines (8 bottles) from our local cellar (we belong to two clubs and forget to go get the wine) So I may have some of that tonight.
  • chrisyoung0422
    Options
    Did well last night, went to dinner with my bf and stuck to water. I don't like to drink if he isn't because he is a pain if I get tipsy and he's sober... soooooo I had water with lemon.
    Tonight I am meeting a friend for either coffee or happy hour, so today could go very well or very drunk... :/
    Monday- 0
    Tuesday- 0

My wife and I are the same friggin way. We each hate the other when they get all sauced up and you are sober.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Monday- 0
    Tuesday- 0

My wife and I are the same friggin way. We each hate the other when they get all sauced up and you are sober.

Honestly that it why I haven't drank lately either. My husband has to start classes for a DUII and can't drink so I haven't been drinking either. I almost had a glass of wine last night though cause my work has me so stressed but I went for a walk instead...it's always nice to have healthy alternatives:smile:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday- 0
    Tuesday- 0

SAME!!!! Although he is much more generous with letting me drink when he's not :happy:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    ugh I hate job hunting, prospect of losing a job. Such a stressful time. Good luck Robin. :flowerforyou:

Mon - 2 bottles of wine
    Tues - 0
    Wed - will be 0 as like Kim weigh in tomorrow for our comp. GO TEAM LUSHES! :drinker:
    Not sure how I feel about you re-naming your team Miss Faith.... it kinda makes me feel like an outcast, you took my only lushy friend from my team now i'm stuck being lushy all alone:wink: !
  • nisijam5
    Options
    ugh I hate job hunting, prospect of losing a job. Such a stressful time. Good luck Robin. :flowerforyou:

Mon - 2 bottles of wine
    Tues - 0
    Wed - will be 0 as like Kim weigh in tomorrow for our comp. GO TEAM LUSHES! :drinker:
    Not sure how I feel about you re-naming your team Miss Faith.... it kinda makes me feel like an outcast, you took my only lushy friend from my team now i'm stuck being lushy all alone:wink: !

:laugh: :laugh: :wink: