Like Minded Lushes June 2011

Options

Replies

• melpalmer7
    melpalmer7 Posts: 35
    Options
    LOL.... just got back from a week in Vegas (yes a week ! ) .... guess you know what that means !!!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options

I'd join ya Kim BUT I'm the ONLY lush not on your team!!!:wink::drinker:

I know!!! You should drink and lots of it as well....
    LOL:drinker:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Does anyone want to be lush free over the weekend with me? I need to push the sobriety hard to super perform in this contest. First one out of the 170's get an advantage for the next week which I will need d/t lushy sister arrival. I don't want to be eliminated:sad:

Any takers?:huh:
    I shall be :laugh: Come Monday though....:laugh:
  • bobisagirl
    bobisagirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great topic!
    Alcohol is definitely my biggest downfall. For other girls it's chocolate but man, I see a nice cold, foamy beer and the temptation is insane. I have cut a major amount of alcohol out of my diet though, but sometimes I'll go out with friends and have one or two. The calorie content of alcohol never ceases to amaze me. Plus, I try really hard to limit my calorie intake after around 8pm - but that's drinking time! So even if I have a soda or whatever (local bar doesn't serve diet drinks. I know, wtf?) it still messes up my metabolism with all the sugar and such. Grrr.
  • kaitthegr8t
    kaitthegr8t Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I totally blew it last night :( Sucks because I would have had such a perfect day minus the alcohol! I started and didn't know when to stop.. dinner with friends is dangerous! Go figure tonight my bf wants to go out, too. I think I will be DD!
    Mon-0
    Tues-0
    Wed-0
    Thurs-6
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 2 glasses of wine
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 4 glasses of wine and 2 Paulander Oktoberfest beers
    Thursday, 0 drinks

Friday, work 3 to 11
    Saturday, work 3 to 11
    Sunday, work 3 to 11

Total: 8 drinks
    Goal: < 12

OK, so begins the weekend sobriety...wish me luck...working so helps the situation

Faith, I knew you had my back!!!! No drinks until Monday it is!!!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Just planned in two bottle of Sam Smith's organic cherry beer tonight. Yum!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, 0 drinks

Friday, work 3 to 11
    Saturday, work 3 to 11
    Sunday, work 3 to 11

OK, so begins the weekend sobriety...wish me luck...working so helps the situation

Good luck Kim!!!
  • TracyJaneLee
    Options
    Hi, i am an alcohol dependent person and just waiting for my appointment to go into detox but at the moment i am under strict instructions to not cut out 1 bottle of wine a night just now as it may cause seizures if i stopped suddenly. (Not that i could really) Anyway i have more than halved my intake recently and i'm doing pretty well, i think. I'm trying not to drink before 6pm just now and i am trying to give up everything but wine just now (but sadly keep failing on the vodka/coke) Today i am hoping to just have the one bottle :) and i have poured the left over vodka down my sink! (first time i have ever done that)
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Hi, i am an alcohol dependent person and just waiting for my appointment to go into detox but at the moment i am under strict instructions to not cut out 1 bottle of wine a night just now as it may cause seizures if i stopped suddenly. (Not that i could really) Anyway i have more than halved my intake recently and i'm doing pretty well, i think. I'm trying not to drink before 6pm just now and i am trying to give up everything but wine just now (but sadly keep failing on the vodka/coke) Today i am hoping to just have the one bottle :) and i have poured the left over vodka down my sink! (first time i have ever done that)

Congratulations on your decision to take control over your life. Good luck and best wishes!
  • TracyJaneLee
    Options
    Thank you. For the first time in my life i feel i am in control xxxx
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Oy! There you all are! *Ahem* That's what I get for not checking in sooner. Sorry about that.

So my doctor is evil. In a good way but still, evil. I'm on anti-depressants again and guess what? They don't like beer one bit. The side effects are amusing, to say the least. Blah, what a way to get me to cut down on my drinking eh?

So yeah, who's gonna pick up the slack for Bunny eh? :D
  • BhanGoes
    BhanGoes Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Monday = 0
    Tuesday = 0
    Wednesday = 0
    Thursday = 4oz white wine
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    last night was a win on the "no beer" and a fail on the drinking overall, I had two vodka soda for happy hour/dog walking then opened the bottle of red for a dinner of grilled steaks, and split that bottle, so yum.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

Congratulations on your decision to take control over your life. Good luck and best wishes!

Yes, good job...as you are weaning off the alcohol take a supplement of B vitamins, B 12 specifically...they work on the nervous system as you are weaning...helps prevent seizures, withdrawls and memory loss from withdrawl
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    TJL, congrats of taking control of your life and your drinking!!

Bunny, I've missed you!! I'm totally picking up your slack, and then some.

Monday=1
    Tuesday=2
    Wednesday=2 (fresca w/clementine and grapefruit vodka)
    Thursday=4 (red bull and vodkas)

I've not been exercising with any sort of regularity...which sucks. I'm definitely more active during the summer, but it's not hard core exercise, which sucks.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Good for you. I have a few family members that struggle with alcohol and I've seen first hand how hard it is so congrats to you for taking that step to take your life back =]

As for me, a few glasses of red last night. Not sure what the boyfriend wants to do tonight, if he wants to go out to dinner or wait until tomorrow. Either way, I'm sure we'll have some drinks tonight. It's a gloomy day here today so the pups and I are just relaxing, watching some TV. Think we'll pick up the kitties on Sunday :smile:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options

That is a big committment, good job taking back authority of your life. Congratulations:flowerforyou:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!!

Tonight dinner with the in-laws...blueberry martinis and wine :)
    Tomorrow pool day with my parents....mango margaritas and beer....not too much though I'll be driving home, its the only way I won't go overboard like I have the last 2 weekends.
    Sunday Funday with my husband.....beer and super mario bros, YAY!!! I am so excited! Its been about a month since we have been home all day on a sunday!
    I'll be sure to kick it at the gym both days AND get some swim exercising in too :)
    Happy Fathers Day to everyone out there!!!
    Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, 0 drinks

Friday, work 3 to 11
    Saturday, work 3 to 11
    Sunday, work 3 to 11

I'm gonna try to stay drink-free with ya Kim but I'm a little concerned about the annual golf tournament bbq that i'm going to. It's at a bar (my step-mom's bar mind you) and there is always someone there that wants to buy me a drink. I haven't had a drink in 12 days though which could work either way for me.... I've been so good, why not have one -or- I've come this far, why break the streak now!? Anywhoo... i'm gonna try and good luck to you:flowerforyou: