Who is MFP for?

Options

Replies

• Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Final words - To everyone who is talking about how others use this site, please stop. This is unbecoming and is really hurtful to people that you don't even know, let alone know enough to attempt to judge or ridicule. And even if you 'think' you know something it is not your place to publicly have any thoughts about anyone.
    We are now not allowed to have thoughts about anyone? I think I missed this memo..........:smokin:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Jeff,

This place is for everyone (read everyone) to come together without judgement. This post is an example (read perfect example) of someone for whom MFP is not for...

I am offended by your remarks, comments, and attitude. Your judemental comments are not welcomed here. If you can not live with that I suggest you go find a 'perfect' world website where all your expectaions of others can be realized.

Otherwise if you remain here (which I welcome you to do) I respectfully suggest that you keep your ideas about other peoples journeys to yourself.

Sincerely,

ZebraHead

Freedom of speech is just that, a right to voice opinions and ask questions freely. I actually found the OP comments and questions very honest and I have had a few of them myself so I applaud him for asking them. I can't see anyone else who has been offended and from the responses from the "Slim" people he asked about their replies have been informative and gracious. I would like to ask why your opinions are more valid than others however as you are asking the OP "to keep ideas about other people's journeys to yourself"?

I am not questioning or slamming Jeff's journey. Merely his statements about other people that he has no idea, knowledge, or justification to speak to.

This is not an opinon about Jeff or his lifestyle, issues, problems, loves, hates, or his journey. It is a direct response to his callus observation about others and his 'opinons' about who MFP is for...

For those of you who understand... No explaination is required
    For those of you who do not... no explanation will suffice
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Jeff,

This place is for everyone (read everyone) to come together without judgement. This post is an example (read perfect example) of someone for whom MFP is not for...

I am offended by your remarks, comments, and attitude. Your judemental comments are not welcomed here. If you can not live with that I suggest you go find a 'perfect' world website where all your expectaions of others can be realized.

Otherwise if you remain here (which I welcome you to do) I respectfully suggest that you keep your ideas about other peoples journeys to yourself.

Sincerely,

ZebraHead

:heart: *tear* :heart: *standing ovation* :heart:

BRAVA!!! :drinker:

I must have missed something in the OP. This outrageously mean response seems uncalled for. I didn't hear him say anything other than some posts disturb him. Why should that offend anyone?
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    Final words - To everyone who is talking about how others use this site, please stop. This is unbecoming and is really hurtful to people that you don't even know, let alone know enough to attempt to judge or ridicule. And even if you 'think' you know something it is not your place to publicly have any thoughts about anyone.
    We are now not allowed to have thoughts about anyone? I think I missed this memo..........:smokin:

So you are prepared to openly talk about other's life choices? To discuss with vigor their stupidity for why their life doesn't meet your ideals?
  • Becca_007
    Options
    Jeff,

Sincerely,

ZebraHead

I must have missed something in the OP. This outrageously mean response seems uncalled for. I didn't hear him say anything other than some posts disturb him. Why should that offend anyone?
    I have no clue either, all I can figure is there must be two threads and we're on a separate one?:wink::tongue: I certainly didn't see anything mean in the OP. Funny how different ppl can see things so very differently and get bent quite out of shape over it!!:noway:
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    Jeff,

Sincerely,

ZebraHead

I have no clue either, all I can figure is there must be two threads and we're on a separate one?:wink::tongue: I certainly didn't see anything mean in the OP. Funny how different ppl can see things so very differently and get bent quite out of shape over it!!:noway:

Then you too are part of the problem
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    It is not up to anyone on this site but the creators to decide if people should be allowed on this site or not.It is NOT your job or the job of a few others I see on this thread to question others reasons behind being here.Why dont you worry about yourself.
    Oh and Jeff you do not look that heavy in your profile pic so by your logic maybe you should go deactivate your profile now since it does not seem you have that much weight to lose,and thats IS all this site is for right?
  • prettypain
    prettypain Posts: 90
    Options
    i have to whole heartedly agee with Big Beaver and Zebrahead, this site is so much more to so many people. for people with an eating disorder, its a tool to help take control of their lives and get the support from wonderful friends who genuinally seem to care about what they are going through! For people that are trying to lose weight, this is a great tool to count calories, keep track of food intake and exercise, and get support from, again, great people who care and can understand. For people who just want to get toned, for what ever the reason, via healthy look, or a triathalon, marathon,which is my reason for being here. i found some of the most amazing people i will ever know, who gave me the support i needed to keep working toward my goal, when NOBODY in my day to day life, friends or family, with the exception of one very special person in my life, would do!!

Jeff, have you ever been told by every one in you life that you can't achieve the one thing you want most in your life. well guess what, i have and i have found that this site and my friends have become my HOME, my safe place where i get the encourgement and support to keep me working on being fit, healthy, eating better, and working towards a better way of life!

So before you make the decision that this is a site for just overweight people, why dont you think twice about judging what others need and goals are! This sitehas also become a release for stress which for your information is again a way to be healthier!

This is a site to become healthy, what every the goal, lose weight,gain weight, maintain weight, tone, and above all get the support from "FAMILY" because thats how ive come to view many of my friends here, because they are here for me when others that should be in my "real life" arent. .

to all my "family" on here...I thank you for your love and suppory every step of the way that you give me in reaching my goals.!!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

My last thought to people like Jeff is if you want a site for just weight loss and for people losing weight, join Jenny Craig!!!!

That is all.......
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    This site is for people who try to get healthy. Not all of them are. Only today I've seen couple of profiles, first - girl who is already underweight - 159cm with a UG of 41kg. With a profile post - hunger hurts, but starving is the way to go!
    Second, girl at 110lbs was debating how to get back to being anorexic, cz bulimia wasnt that good for her teeth, and anyways, she just loves that empty feeling in her stomach. She only wants to lose another 10lbs or so. She wants to be THIN and beautiful. Not healthy and beautiful. THIN.
    So, are you saying that this site is for them, too? Its like a whole group that encourages ED. MFP was not made for that.
  • Becca_007
    Options
    Jeff,

Sincerely,

ZebraHead

:noway: :laugh:
  • Becca_007
    Options
    Jeff,

Sincerely,

ZebraHead

How does that work??
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with your question and implication that some people should not be using the site, or may not be using it as you see fit. No offense, but what I love about this site is it's typically devoid of judgement...the people here (at least the ones I care about) are supportive regardless of what our goals are, and try and make everyone see the beauty within themselves - be it being skinny, curvy, whatever.

It is not necessarily whether you are skinny or not - it's FITNESS. When I was at my skinniest, I may have looked my best, but was not at my fittest and was not making healthy choices. I know I could do Atkins, or starvation or whatever and try and get close to that weight again (possibly...many moons ago!) but this site is what helps me to be accountable for making healthy choices, and making it a lifestyle change versus a "diet"

I can't always live by my words, but I truly try to support all on MFP without judgement...we all need that support, right, regardless of our goals?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    This site is for people who try to get healthy. Not all of them are. Only today I've seen couple of profiles, first - girl who is already underweight - 159cm with a UG of 41kg. With a profile post - hunger hurts, but starving is the way to go!
    Second, girl at 110lbs was debating how to get back to being anorexic, cz bulimia wasnt that good for her teeth, and anyways, she just loves that empty feeling in her stomach. She only wants to lose another 10lbs or so. She wants to be THIN and beautiful. Not healthy and beautiful. THIN.
    So, are you saying that this site is for them, too? Its like a whole group that encourages ED. MFP was not made for that.

So then they should be banned from the site?And who gets to decide whos here for the right reasons?
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    Jeff,

Sincerely,

ZebraHead

How does that work??

If you can't read the OP's post and see the issue with his statements about people he doesn't even know then you are as bad as him, and you should go with him to another 'perfect' people weight-loss website. And leave all the 'messed-up' people on MFP behind.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Jeff,

Sincerely,

ZebraHead

How does that work??

If you can't read the OP's post and see the issue with his statements about people he doesn't even know then you are as bad as him, and you should go with him to another 'perfect' people weight-loss website. And leave all the 'messed-up' people on MFP behind.

No thanks. I'm good right here. :tongue:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Go back and read carefully the initial post. The OP makes the statement that MFP is not an appropriate place for people with eating disorders.

If you do not see anything mean in that then look back and read my previous reply to this topic.
  • Becca_007
    Options
    Jeff,

Sincerely,

ZebraHead

How does that work??

You seem quite passionate about having so many of us leave the site merely because we are stating our thoughts... There's no reason to attack me simply because I have a difference of opinion.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options

Yes, this a site for them, because they are screaming for help and support, can you not see this, they have an ED, they need the support to help them, not to encourage the ED but battle it. All it takes is one person to "friend" them with the correct information in battling their "disorder" or the right person with the love and support to help them overcome their ED. Don't judge, DONT JUDGE!
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    Jeff,

Sincerely,

ZebraHead

How does that work??

No thanks. I'm good right here. :tongue:

Well... your here... Good is another issue...
This discussion has been closed.