SAHM 6/1-6/30

Options
124»

Replies

• katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Barb ~ Such a brave little one!!

Katie ~ Yeah on getting away! I wish family lived closer because I'd totally do that LOL Hopefully when we go do the Rock N Roll in Savannah we will get to do just that. Dropping the kids off in Atlanta and taking an extended weekend to ourselves...to run no less LOL

I am sooo sore this morning!! It feels so damn good, especially after feeling so lazy with only three workouts in. This week I should be back into my normal routine :) Legs and a run this morning :) Hoping it rains hard to take away this yucky steam...ugh!
  • katapple
    Options
    So excited! Redid my bodyfat today (same handheld device as usual) and I'm down 1% since the last time I checked! Only 2.5% to go to go. Maybe now that I'm back into weight training and running consistently I'll be able to get there before the summer is over :)
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    ooh, Barb, your poor LO! She sounds like she has been incredibly brave though bless her! :heart:

Kat - what body fat % are you aiming for and how do you measure it?? Great progress either way! :drinker:

Katie - your break with your DH sounds lovely! :heart: No chance for me for some time though given DD won't take a bottle - sooo only another 8 months or so to go!!

Sorry I have been so missing, I have been doing much better though and the scales finally shifted this morning. I know most of you are American so don't 'do' stones, but I am finally nearer 12 st than 13 st! This is good! In 5 more pounds I will be an acceptable weight for my height in the old BMI range and also back in the 160s which i haven't been since before DS2 was conceived so am committed to trying to shift it, hopefully by the end of July - I'm realistic its going to start to come off really sloooooooooowly now.

Had DD's christening yesterday, had just a perfect day and my profile pic is a pic of hubby and I taken then :bigsmile:
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Barb-You're DD is braver than I am too! Glad things went well.

Katie-Great job running and doing legs on the same day (and with the bodyfat!!)!!

KatieM- That sounds nice. :)

Shoppie-Woohoo!! Nice work! I was so confused about stones when I first weighed myself in England, but now we do the conversions easily.

I'm still doing not so hot. I'm up 9 pounds (eeek!!!) since volleyball stopped in May. I'm also not doing JM or anything apart from walking these days. Pplaying in the park and witht he kids is not cutting the mustard. I guess I'm not going to stress too much and just try to make the workouts a priority early in the morning (before it gets too hot) instead of checking emails. I complained about my stomach bothering me this morning and my DD said, "Well Mom, if you started eating healthy like you were before, maybe it wouldn't hurt." Oh the awful truth from the four year old. :laugh:
  • katapple
    Options
    Congrats on the progress Shoppie!! I am @ 27.5% and I want to be at 25% or just between 20-25, since that is considered normal. I measure it on this hand held thingie at the gym, but it's always the same one. I started with 32% BF in January, so I'm pretty excited! They say a bodpod is more accurate though, one day I'll get that done and see where it is really at :)

Nicole ~ Sorry about being up since volleyball ended :( Sounds like you are enjoying yourself though! Here's to trying to get more active without it feeling like work! :)

I am sooo sore today! It hurts to sit down LOL I'm going to walk on the treadmill tonight, hopefully that will get rid of some of this soreness before tomorrow's run. yikes!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Ladies. She did so well and her lip looks so much better, you really can't even tell that she had her lip split and stitches in it.

Well, things have been a little stressful again here at my "home" between inlaws and money, I just want to scream, wish I had an empty room to myself where I could do that. Somethings are getting easier while other things are getting worse.

Well, on a good side of things, I have been doing pretty good being able to stay at home and still keep my exercise in and calories under. Still drinking a soda here and there, but still not as bad as it use to be. Weigh in is on Saturday, right before all the cookouts this weekend, hoping for a really good week, but we'll see.
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    New month, new thread.

C'mon over, ladies! :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/278276-sahm-7-1-7-31
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I've been away for a while. Summer has been fun, and has me active, out and about. Yay!

I gained about 5 lbs with my TOM, and then didn't lose them because I dove into piles of carbs for like 2 weeks. Ooops! So, now that the holidays are behind me, I have to get back on the horse.

I had some good conversation with my pastor and with his wife over the past week. They are really encouraging my husband and I to step out and become more active in ministry. I'm going to start by volunteering to take over my pastor's hiring process of finding his dream team of administrators to help him out. I remember from working what a pain it was to fill open positions. Oy! I really hope I can do a good job, be a good help, and get to know my pastor better in the process.

My daughter starts a month-long, half-day science camp today. It's going to be great for her. It will keep her learning brain occupied a bit over summer break, and it will give us/her something to do other than beg to go to the pool constantly.:laugh: I'm excited for her, and I hope she has a ball.

I hope everyone's long weekend went great!