Week 1 - 30 Day Shred (June 1st Group)

Options

Replies

• OBXoceansoul
    OBXoceansoul Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I started on June first. I would love to join the group. All I can say is so far my but has been kicked and I can barely walk....It must be doing it's job:laugh:

oh and my starting stats:

weight 204
    left bicep 14.5
    left forearm 10.5
    chest 45.5 nursing bra
    under bra around chest-36.5
    waist-belly button- 39.5
    natural waist-36
    hips- 45.5
    left upper thigh 28
    left lower thigh- 20
    left calf- 16.5
  • angie_pangie
    angie_pangie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    okay for my waist i measured the largest part but i have been reading that you are supposed to measure the narrow part? in that case my waist is 29" at the smallest and 37.5" at the largest. as of today. lol

i just finished day 3 today. i love that feeling when it is time to cool down. yayyyyy :)
  • vickietm
    vickietm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Completed day 4 today and it did feel easier. I'm going on my holidays in 3 weeks so am going to try level 2 tomorrow to try and speed things up a bit. Probably a mistake but I'm willing to try it. I too can actually walk downstairs today but my butt has been hurting a lot!
  • mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day on of Level one and I so agree. I can't wait to see the end results, because it definately is working all my muscles. I can feel the PAIN!
  • lillianelise
    lillianelise Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Done with day 3 level 1. My calf muscles are Super sore. I feel pretty good other than that. I had to psych myself up for it this morning though - but I pushed through!!! Nothing is for free!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have a HRm and I only burn about 175.
    Day 4 down and facing the weekend. Not as hard today as the first couple. I hung a calendar up in the bathroom for the month and let the kids check off each day after I do the video. That helps me make it through:)
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thank you for coordinating this!! I'm excited to see how much everyone progresses :)
  • sunshinesher01
    sunshinesher01 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 3. We did it at 11 pm lol But hey... we still got it done today! I feel like I am able to do more now... but I am still beat! And my muscles are sooo sore. It is a sleep in day tomorrow and it is much needed!! I can't wait to see what I can do when we are all done with our 30 days!! Hope everyone is doing well!
  • susieQ79
    susieQ79 Posts: 12
    Options
    does anyone know how to log in the 30 day shred into the exercise diary. how many calories do you burn everyday whiile on the 30 day shred????????
  • sunshinesher01
    sunshinesher01 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I personally use my heart rate monitor, then plug my numbers into a long formula... and I create a new exercise in my diary each day to reflect the amount of calories I burn each time. Today I burned 401 doing the shred. My average heart rate was 144. I am 282 lbs though... so I burn more. I have heard some peope who don't have a heart rate monitor put it in as Circit Training. Hope that helps!
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    :bigsmile: Day 4 down!! WOOT-WOOT!!!:bigsmile:
  • SueEllen7
    SueEllen7 Posts: 32
    Options
    Just finished my first day of 30 day shred....surprised myself. I was able to hang with her on much more than I had thought I would...
  • ChChCharlie
    Options
    bump
  • CountryGirl619
    Options
    I'd love to join also!! Did Day 3 today - weighing in at 137. I'll do measurements tonight or tomorrow morning. WE CAN DO THIS!!

3639140.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • lillianelise
    lillianelise Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Day 4 down. I do sweat buckets and I can feel it working but I just don't see how you can lose weight/inches doing just this. I guess I feel like more cardio is needed or something. It just seems like 20 minutes a day wouldn't give great results. But I'm plugging on!! I still get winded in the first cardio set - the other 2 are not too bad. Those stupid anterior raises suck!!!! But I feel like the hulk when I'm done with them!!!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Day 4 is done!! Still struggling a little with the upper body stuff, but dare I say it's getting a little bit easier! I realized today that I was able to carry on a conversation while doing the cardio sections which is something I definitely couldn't say 4 days ago!
    Also - my boyfriend has been home the last two days while i've been doing it and says he's a little jealous that i've stayed so comitted to this and now he is feeling inspired to try this workout as well which is fantastic!
  • lucero22
    lucero22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 and OMG I am sooo sore! Should I do more stretches or what? I mean I can barely walk etc. I am not complaining bc no pain no gain, it was just hard to push through the work out bc of the soreness! HELP POR FAVOR!! (please) lol
  • marlacarie
    Options
    Mind if I join too? I just finished day 3 at level1! Starting weight is 190.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 and OMG I am sooo sore! Should I do more stretches or what? I mean I can barely walk etc. I am not complaining bc no pain no gain, it was just hard to push through the work out bc of the soreness! HELP POR FAVOR!! (please) lol

I stretch a little extra and then have a hot back, sometimes with epsom salts :)
  • OBXoceansoul
    OBXoceansoul Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Done with day 4! I'm not as sore today so that was a good start but it was still hard to make my self do it again today. My 5 year old decided that she would do it with me and made it through the first 6 min circuit (doing it in her 5 year old way) then sat down and said "Mommy I'll just watch you" :laugh: . I have to work 12 hour night shifts the next three nights so it's going to be a big test of commitment to do the 30DS after 12 hours on my feet. Wish me luck!