Week 1 - 30 Day Shred (June 1st Group)

Options

Replies

• sunshinesher01
    sunshinesher01 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Just finished day 4!! That is a pretty big accomplishment for me.... see... I never stick to anything... I know I am only 4 days into it... but that is 3.5 more days than I normally stick to a work out routine (I normally make it about half way threw and quit). I really wasn't looking forward to doing it today. My left knee is sore. But about half way threw it, I was able to more better :) Until tomorrow :)
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Day 4 down, 26 to go:)
  • kaysave
    kaysave Posts: 9
    Options
    I agree - I also started today and was able to keep up quite well, increased my energy enough to run 3 miles after.. we will see come tomorrow though! Everyone is so motivating, this is great -- Keep it up everyone!!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Today started a little earlier for me than I had planned (wasn't planning on going anywhere until after noon and ended up leaving around 9 :angry face:) and just got home at 11pm so tomorrow I'll do one in the morning and one at night. My life should be on a schedule from tomorrow on so I'll be able to get it done every day as planned :)
  • lucero22
    lucero22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 and OMG I am sooo sore! Should I do more stretches or what? I mean I can barely walk etc. I am not complaining bc no pain no gain, it was just hard to push through the work out bc of the soreness! HELP POR FAVOR!! (please) lol

I stretch a little extra and then have a hot back, sometimes with epsom salts :)

Thanks I will have to try the epsom salts and more strectching thanks!
  • divadebz
    divadebz Posts: 31
    Options
    Okay people day 3 Level 1 done and dusted!!!! I really sweated heaps today more than day 2 but I was able to keep doing the cardio sections non-stop and more effort into each movement. My muscles are still sore but not to the intensity they were. Amazing what a workout 20mins can be with Jillian. Can't wait to check my measurements at the end of the first week. Keep going strong everyone. We CAN do this!!!!!!
  • lillianelise
    lillianelise Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Day 5 DONE! Whew! I'm gonna finish!!!!! I'm determined!! 25 days to go.
  • harliesmom
    harliesmom Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Day 4 is done!! Still struggling a little with the upper body stuff, but dare I say it's getting a little bit easier! I realized today that I was able to carry on a conversation while doing the cardio sections which is something I definitely couldn't say 4 days ago!
    Also - my boyfriend has been home the last two days while i've been doing it and says he's a little jealous that i've stayed so comitted to this and now he is feeling inspired to try this workout as well which is fantastic!

My fiance has been doing the shred with me for the past 2 days, but I had to promise him not to tell any of his friends, and when we do it he shuts and locks all the doors, and shuts the blinds! haha!
  • ssstephanie1715
    ssstephanie1715 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just finished D5 L1. I also started Couch to 5K today. I can't believe how much energy I have. I've worked out for a total of 45 mins today and could still keep moving. Definitely an improvement. I'm feeling so good.
  • OBXoceansoul
    OBXoceansoul Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Day..pant pant....5 done after a 12 hour night shift arggg! It is getting easier and I am less sore so thats a plus. Feeling stronger already! Now off to bed I go!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Days 3 and 4 of level 1 done!(didn't post yesterday)
  • meggyannpt
    meggyannpt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 and OMG I am sooo sore! Should I do more stretches or what? I mean I can barely walk etc. I am not complaining bc no pain no gain, it was just hard to push through the work out bc of the soreness! HELP POR FAVOR!! (please) lol

I always stretch extra afterwards, particularly quads and calves. I haven't been too sore since day 2, so it must be helping.

Day 5 Level 1 done. I'm losing a little motivation, but I just have to push through! I'm already seeing my arms toning up and getting some muscle, which makes me excited. School is starting up again this week for me, so that will be the real test of my determination!
  • angie_pangie
    angie_pangie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Day 5 completed. Starting 5 days of Level 3 tomorrow!
  • megz4987
    Options
    I am sabatoged... by myself. I woke up this morning, was loading the dishwasher and my cell lands on my big toe. I haven't been able to walk on it for 3 hours. It's starting to feel a little better, I'll have to suffer through tonight but I can't do it twice as I had planned to "catch up" a little :(
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Very late night last night, went to bed around 4 this morning, just got up. Have a REALLY difficult time finding energy and motivation today lol. Hoping once I get moving around i'll get some, or else day 5 later tonight is going to be brutal!!

Upside - I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but i'm noticing definite toning in my arms, belly and legs already, anyone else??
    Truly I thought it was my mind playing tricks but one of my friends commented last night and she didn't even know I was doing this!
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    Options
    Day 4 down. I do sweat buckets and I can feel it working but I just don't see how you can lose weight/inches doing just this. I guess I feel like more cardio is needed or something. It just seems like 20 minutes a day wouldn't give great results.

Good work guys - keep going. I finished day 30 last week and had some amazing results (lost 1.8 inches off my hips and 0.8 inches off each arm and each thigh - see my profile for my full results). Apart from the shred I think I only did three or four additional workouts of about 30 minutes each so you can get results just using the DVD if you push yourself and watch the calories. I didn't lose much weight but I was within a kilo of my goal weight when I started and actually switched to maintenance calories while on level 2 but I certainly did lose inches.
  • ChChCharlie
    Options
    Day 5! Half way through level 1... Actually breezed through it today. Feeling ready for level 2
    Sure I'll feel differently when I start it!
  • megz4987
    Options
    D3/L1 complete. 2 days behind :(
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    Day 5 down!!! Getting easier!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • sunshinesher01
    sunshinesher01 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    So I just finished day 5. Ive got to be honest... if it weren't for my wife, I wouldn't have done it at all. I got a pretty good sunburn on both my arms today... so any movement is killer... but we are commited to this new lifestyle... and that include finishing things that we start. I can't quit now. So I did it... I may have had a lower heart rate than the other 4 days.. but I did it. And still managed to burn around 370 calories doing it! So I am happy with that. I just hope my left knee starts to feel better. It has been hurting since day one. :(

How is everyone else doing?

* I am not seeing any muscle definition, but that is because I am really over weight... I can't see any muscles threw my fat... but I am sure they are down there :) Good job to those of you who can see a difference already! I beleive it is possible! Keep up the good work!