Week 1 - 30 Day Shred (June 1st Group)

Options

Replies

• jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Me too, I hate them and tom Ill be seeing them at 6. 3 more days at this level. I hope they arent in level 2, but I am sure if they arent something just as cruel replaces them.....

Day7 done! I hate side lunge arm raises. I hate them even more at 6 in the morning.

Have lost 2 ponds so far!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    and...done!!
    It's getting so much easier, very encouraging. A little afraid for level 2 in a few days lol!
  • SueEllen7
    SueEllen7 Posts: 32
    Options
    AWESOME! Can't wait until I can FLY through the workout!!!
  • SueEllen7
    SueEllen7 Posts: 32
    Options
    Day 5! Half way through level 1... Actually breezed through it today. Feeling ready for level 2
    Sure I'll feel differently when I start it!

Can't wait until I can say I breezed through it!!!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Didn't do it today, did 4hours of mulching which apparently, according to MFP, general gardening I burned a little over 1700calories... wow. Back to it tomorrow!
  • Samanthalovesher2boys
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred on June 1st and still struggle through level 1. I find the first circuit the worst! I'm not as sore as I was...until I pop in that DVD! I'm hanging in there hoping I get stronger as the month progresses!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately due to injury I haven't started 30DS yet =(
    I was a little too opportunistic when it came to getting back to working out. I will be starting it tomorrow =)
    Congrats eveyone on the journey thus far I was really hoping to be in this group but I will now be 1 wk behind everyone.
  • sunshinesher01
    sunshinesher01 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Day 6 down!! So we decided to let the kids do it with us... the love exercising. lol Omg I think i burned my calories from laughing than I did from actually doing the shred! They were so cute! And I was actually surpriesed at how well they tried to follow along. But everytime Jillian would get up or stop, the kids would too! LOL. So I had to explain to them they need to follow the other girls :) They really liked it though. It makes me feel good to have them work out with me. They are only 2 (almost 3), 4 1/2, and 7. And they are all super skinny. But I am glad that they enjoy it now while they are young. Once they get a little older, I would like to make exercise a daily habit. A daily DVD, or daily run/walk. But right now it would be too hard to talk three little ones out on the road lol. I only have two arms.

Tomorrow will be better, I will be able to shred kid-free, so I will be able to get a better burn in.
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I know its the 6th, but is it too late for me join??? I started the 30 day shred 5 days ago! Here are my measurements:

Smallest part of waist: 34
    belly button: 38
    Hips: 40

Did I really just admit to that?! yikes! :)
  • divadebz
    divadebz Posts: 31
    Options
    Completed day 5, level 1. I upped my weights from 1kg to 3kg for some of the strength exercises. My muscles feel great except for my shoulders but that is ok. That first cardio gets me everytime. From there it is not too bad. I can now jump up and down and do the cardio's without stopping. Definitely notice the difference from day 1 in endurance. I measured myself today but no change thus far. Will keep on keeping on tho. How is everyone else going?
  • divadebz
    divadebz Posts: 31
    Options
    Completed day 5, level 1. I upped my weights from 1kg to 3kg for some of the strength exercises. My muscles feel great except for my shoulders but that is ok. That first cardio gets me everytime. From there it is not too bad. I can now jump up and down and do the cardio's without stopping. Definitely notice the difference from day 1 in endurance. I measured myself today but no change thus far. Will keep on keeping on tho. How is everyone else going?
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    Day 5 week 1 DONE !!! I am liking it... but feel sooo hugnry the next morning...

On a downside, my scales never moved this week :(
  • lillianelise
    lillianelise Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred on June 1st and still struggle through level 1. I find the first circuit the worst! I'm not as sore as I was...until I pop in that DVD! I'm hanging in there hoping I get stronger as the month progresses!

I see you just had a baby. I did, too, she is 8 weeks. So, I have a 2 month old and a 16 month old- the other night I got up 3 times to tend to them - my oldest usually sleeps thru the night but once in a while he surprises me! I was on bedrest at home and in the hospital the entire last trimester. I, too, still struggle thru the first set but it's getting easier. But I said all of that to say this - as post partum ppl our bodies are still recovering, we are prob still a bit nutrient deprived and we are tired all the time!!! And adding working out and the stress of losing weight and desperately trying to get bk to normal it just adds to it all!! But at least we are doing something about it and sticking to it! But I seriously believe that lack of sleep makes it a lot harder on us!!
  • shiseido_faerie
    Options
    Day 5 week 1 DONE !!! I am liking it... but feel sooo hugnry the next morning...

On a downside, my scales never moved this week :(

I'm starving the next morning too!!
    Did you take starting measurements, I bet they've changed!
  • shiseido_faerie
    Options
    Oh - also....is tomorrow supposed to be weight/measure check in day? For some reason I think I saw Wednesdays mentioned previously, but i'm not sure if it's Wednesdays or the last day of each level?? Thanks!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Day 6 level 1 done.
  • Samantha76
    Samantha76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Day 5 level 1, missed two days on the weekend. Was way to busy with to many late nights. But all is settled down now, Air cadets is over for the year, so no more extremely busy weekends. Not noticiing a lot of change yet, but my energy levels seem to up. Kind of nervous for the wiegh in tomorrow.
  • ssstephanie1715
    ssstephanie1715 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Upside - I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but i'm noticing definite toning in my arms, belly and legs already, anyone else??
    Truly I thought it was my mind playing tricks but one of my friends commented last night and she didn't even know I was doing this!

I was looking in the mirror yesterday before I started my workout for the day and I think my stomach (underneath the belly) is getting toned. I noticed that it doesn't hang out as much as it used to but I'm waiting to measure tomorrow.
  • ssstephanie1715
    ssstephanie1715 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Day 6 level 1 done!! I got tired of Jillian's voice and put on my own workout tunes while doing the video. I could still hear her though... Having my own music really helped me push harder on some of the moves that I was doing the modified version of.

Since I learned how to do the workouts I muted her. I'm actually dreading moving on to Level 2 because I don't want to hear her voice. I play my own music too. It really helps to get into the workout. The music on her dvd is NOT motivating.
  • divades
    divades Posts: 145
    Options
    Today is day 4 for me.

Here are my starting measurements and weight:

Weight: 153 lbs
    Smallest part of waist: 31 in
    Belly button: 35 in