Week 1 - 30 Day Shred (June 1st Group)

Options

Replies

• louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    Just done day 9, level1. I have done it twice on two of the days - it just didn't seem long enough when I was really in the 'zone' I have had a little go of level 2, it looks tough, but then so did level 1 at the start! I got weighed on Saturday, as it's my usual day and I have lost 3lb. I have still been walking and doing some cycling and will take measurements again tomorrow, before I start level 2. My opinion is it's a good workout but hand on heart, I really do push myself I figure if it's only 20 mins it has be intensive.
    Good luck everyone, I love reading everyone's updates!
  • divadebz
    divadebz Posts: 31
    Options
    Day 4 completed! Did it in the morning and that was much better. Muscles feeling quite good today. I find the first circuit (especially cardio section) of level 1 the hardest, after that its all not too bad. Still a major challenge but I can get through it without stopping and doing the exercises correctly now. Still sweat a whole lot. You guys are definitely a huge motivation. Let's keep going strong!!!!!
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    hiya all hope you all are doing well!
    i feel off for 2 days but im back on today!
    keep going everyone!! :)
  • chezkie
    chezkie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Day 6 today. Yesterday was much easier, pushed through the pain...and do you know when she says "I bet you're floating off the floor now" I really feel like I am. Press ups still really tough, but I'm finding them much easier than I did on day 1!

Hopeful for a loss this week - lbs or inches is fine with me! I can feel the difference in my body already, so roll on day 30!

Hope you're all persevering and doing well.

All the best,

Chez x
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Had two days off for family wedding over the weekend, but was really pleased when I did it again yesterday that I can still get all the way through without stopping and I'm not aching too much, just a gentle nagging in my muscles now, the utter pain of days 3 & 4 haven't come back, thankfully!

So officially I've just done day 14 of the shred, day 7 of level 2 (only did 7 days of level 1) and, though it makes me really nervous to contemplate it, I think I might move on to level 3 tomorrow or the next day. Level 2 still makes me sweat buckets but the fact that I can manage it all makes me think I need to push harder again.

I miss the bicycle crunches from level 1 though - at the time they were torture but I felt like they really had an effect. Level 2 abs are 'harder' (in that they make me more out of breath and work more muscles at a time) but the bicycle crunches really felt like they worked the abs hard.

My brother also said he thought I looked more slender when I saw him at the weekend, yeay! I'm still amazed at how quickly the differences happen.

Keep it up all, looking good for level 2!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Well i'm going to admit it, I had a bit of a fail yesterday. Satuday i had been out with a bunch of friends, went to bed at 4am, let me tell you...i am most definitely not 21 anymore lmao. Got out of bed after lunch yestday with zero energy, felt a little like I was going to die, or pass out standing up. I tried to do the shred later in the day, but it just wasn't there, I felt as though I was doing everything improperly (technique wise) due to my lethargy and figured rather than risk injury i'd just give myself a break. Felt very guilty! Woke up this morning feeling more energetic, will be walking the 4k to work and doing Jillian as soon as I get home!
  • bex481
    bex481 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Day7 done! I hate side lunge arm raises. I hate them even more at 6 in the morning.

Have lost 2 ponds so far!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Day 5 level 1 done.
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Still hanging in there LOL
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    Day 6 done =D xx
  • ShrinkingStephanie
    Options
    This is day 8... I was hoping to start level 2 today... but I don't think I'm ready. I slacked too much on Saturday's exercise and yesterday was a wash. I was just too tired. So wish me luck on stepping it up today.

On a positive note, I seem to have lost 4.5 pounds this week. I suspect some of it was water, but everything is trimmer and tighter. Love it!

Love Jillian Michaels!
  • SueEllen7
    SueEllen7 Posts: 32
    Options
    A tad behind the rest of you....Last night finished Day 2 of Level 1. Was amazed at how much more stamina I had on Day 2 to get through the video. Is that crazy!!! But I could tell a difference already!
  • gmkimby
    gmkimby Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today and I'm a bit nervous. Please add me, as I have no friends as of yet. Starting weight is 173....waist is 36....hips is 41. Wish me luck!
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    Did day 6 level 1 today. It was almost easy...almost! Still have to do 'girl' push-ups, but I can get through them.

I'm excited to see how well I can do the video now. Day 1 and 2 I had to stop a few times and catch my breath. I can do the whole video now. I do get very winded and tired, but I make it through!!!

Kind of scared what level 2 will bring. Level 1 is getting easier, but I still remember how hard it was starting it!!
  • lillianelise
    lillianelise Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am about to do day 6 level 1 when i put my son down for his nap --- BUT I was feeling kind of depressed bc I haven't lost weight - I haven't gained either so woot woot - anyway, I decided that I would measure simply bc curiosity gets the better of me (I will officially do it every 10 days I decided - when I switch levels) anywho, I have lost 1 inch off of my hips!!!! Just after 5 days! So I am PUMPED and ready to go! BRING IT JILLIAN! I CAN TAKE IT!!!
  • susieQ79
    susieQ79 Posts: 12
    Options
    Did day 2 last night and OMG I am in sooooooo much pain. I am starting to think I am the only one experiencing pain in every muscle of my body :) I really push myself doing it and do the hardest moves.

I can't rate this dvd enough, a hardcore sweaty workout in 20mins is amazing :)

U ain't the only one I thought I was gonna die trying to walk down my stairs it literally took my like ten minutes to get to the bottom. And I am only on day 3......but I have faith that it will only get better
  • OBXoceansoul
    OBXoceansoul Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Day 6 level 1 done!! I got tired of Jillian's voice and put on my own workout tunes while doing the video. I could still hear her though... Having my own music really helped me push harder on some of the moves that I was doing the modified version of.
  • shiseido_faerie
    Options
    I am about to do day 6 level 1 when i put my son down for his nap --- BUT I was feeling kind of depressed bc I haven't lost weight - I haven't gained either so woot woot - anyway, I decided that I would measure simply bc curiosity gets the better of me (I will officially do it every 10 days I decided - when I switch levels) anywho, I have lost 1 inch off of my hips!!!! Just after 5 days! So I am PUMPED and ready to go! BRING IT JILLIAN! I CAN TAKE IT!!!

That's amazing!! Congratulations! I was tempted to measure today for motivation too haha
  • AllisonWBaker
    Options
    So, I'm a little ahead. Today was day 14 for me. Day 4 of Level 2 (which I don't like as much as level 1, but is working nonetheless). I've only lost 2 pounds since I started it and was feeling a little discouraged, so I decided to take my measurements. I've lost 1.4 inches off my waist, 1.2 off my hips, 2.1 off my bust, and a total of 1 inch off my arms. So, as frustrated as I was with the scale, I'm super psyched about the inches (5.7 in 2 weeks) I've lost! Hang in there - it's SO worth it!
  • shiseido_faerie
    Options
    So, I'm a little ahead. Today was day 14 for me. Day 4 of Level 2 (which I don't like as much as level 1, but is working nonetheless). I've only lost 2 pounds since I started it and was feeling a little discouraged, so I decided to take my measurements. I've lost 1.4 inches off my waist, 1.2 off my hips, 2.1 off my bust, and a total of 1 inch off my arms. So, as frustrated as I was with the scale, I'm super psyched about the inches (5.7 in 2 weeks) I've lost! Hang in there - it's SO worth it!

Thanks for posting this and sharing your amazing progress! Congratulations, that's awesome!!