30 day shred starting 3rd June

Options

Replies

• kunmingmom
    kunmingmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Level 1 done! Still mixing up the weights because using 5 lb. exclusively gives me poor form on my pushups and I want to have proper form! Going to also get a run in this evening when the temp drops from 100 to 95. :) (brutal Texas heat!!)
    You guys are doing a GREAT job sticking with it, even when it is hard!!!!
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 8 on L1! Today, the only strength move that I used the 3 lb weights for were the last set of side lunges + front raises. That is still the hardest move for me to do. Eight days in and I'm really starting to feel stronger! I can't wait to get through the 30 days and see the results. I hope I am able to keep doing this every day. I feel a cold coming on so I'm really hoping that doesn't stop me from doing this everyday.

Keep it up everyone! I'm so proud of all of you for sticking with it, this is NOT an easy thing to do!
  • sassenachtiff
    Options
    I'm on Level 1, Day 7 and I can tell that my endurance is way better now than when I first started. That's encouraging! I'm so nervous about moving up to Level 2...I know it's going to take a little while to adjust to the new circuits. But I weighed in this morning--I lost 2.4 lbs since starting 30DS! woohoo!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP!!!
    I did L2 this morning and it kicked my a**. I should know better than to ask for more of something (cardio and ab work) because let me tell you L2 delivered on BOTH!!!!
    That being said I was able to do all the walking pushups- which I thought "yeah right" when I first saw them. Apparently I have gotten stronger over the past week!!!
    The cardio is MUCH more intense on L2- I loved it! I was sweating and panting like a freak!
    I foresee a long stay on L2 though- I can't even imagine watching L3 right now!!!
  • sassenachtiff
    Options
    argh, those walking pushups sound intense! I have trouble with the regular ones!
  • ak248902
    ak248902 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Complete. This weekend is going to be a challenge because we are going camping all weekend. I am attempting to bring a small DVD player and my weights, but we will see how things end up. Hoping for a good weekend, but we will see.

Have a great weekend.
  • kunmingmom
    Options
    ak248902,
    I am going to missing some days next weekend because of an out of town trip. I just plan on running those days and picking up where I left off when I return! Have fun on your camping trip!!
  • kunmingmom
    Options
    Day 8 level 1 complete. I was really tired today but pushed through.
    Happy Friday everyone!
  • mbeltran06
    mbeltran06 Posts: 57
    Options
    Today was a rough one...I even debated on not doing it today...but even though it's 10 pm my time I just finished Day 8 L2....everyone have a good Friday!!!
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Day 9 on L1 completed! Today was a tough day for me as well. I came down with something yesterday (a cold or something thats going around) and almost didn't do the workout today. But decided that I could push through it and I did. Hopefully my sickness doesn't get worse tomorrow...I don't want to have to skip any days! I was also planning on moving to L2 on Sunday but if I am still sick I don't think I will be able to do it.

Hope everyone has a good Friday!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    11:36pm here in Denver and I just wrapped up D2 of L1. HRM reports 272 calories burned (which work out to 10 calories/minute compared to yesterday's 12/minute... I blame it on it being a p.m. workout as I only take Adderal in the a.m.; wow, that works out to a 17% boost)

Yesterday I chased with L1 of JM 6W6P, but it's already late and I already burned 398 calories steam cleaning my basement after my sis-in-law moved out. Considering 6W6P only mentioned 5x/wk, I'm going to call it a night!
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    just did L1D1.... now I know not to do these workouts so late because now I can't sleep! lol
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Just completed Day 7 (i started on june 5). The strength is coming just fine...still modifying pushups, but lunges are getting deeper and deeper and i'm getting through all the abs now. The cardio in circuit 2 and 3 is fine. But I am still losing my breath to the point I have to stop and catch it during the last jumping jacks in circuit 1. I hate that.
  • kunmingmom
    Options
    Day 9 Level 1 complete. Peeked at Level 2 before taking out the DVD and holy crap, I'm scared!!!
    Scared or not, I"m thinking about starting it tomorrow instead of doing Level 1 for the 10th day. We'll see how I feel tomorrow!
    Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • kiki_ac
    kiki_ac Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    As Shirley Temple said, "Oh...my...word!" Today I thought i may try level 2 and boy was it a challenge! I agree, momofJandA. I was sweaty and it awesome! As much as i enjoyed it, I am going to finish up the rest of the week alternating btwn level 1 and 2 until i get week 2 done to 'wean' myself off of level 1. The difference now for level 1, I plan to do the regular the push up, intensify the lunges, and use my resistance band until i can get to academy to get a set of dumbbells.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm officially over the D3 L1 "I wanna quit day"! So glad I didn't & even chased it with D2 L1 of 6W6P... plus... I still did my regular gym routine this morning! :D

I feel like caca, but in a good way. LOVING seeing toned legs when I do the "get-ups" from the 6W6P. Thinking I might switch the DVDs around tomorrow. Good idea or bad idea?
  • mbastian
    mbastian Posts: 16
    Options
    Well, after 3 days of not shredding because my calves hurt just too danged bad and then I lost my motivation, I got back on it today to do day 6 on level 1. It was tough, but I did it and I am glad I got back on it! In the past, I would have just thrown in the towel. Congrats to all those who are still here; sticking with it is half the battle!

Michelle
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    D3 L2 complete- getting easier. I think I'm going to chase it with a 6W6P too! I need to see those ab muscles if I'm going to wear a bikini!!!
  • mbeltran06
    mbeltran06 Posts: 57
    Options
    Well I'm a little upset with myself for not doing it yesterday, but I definitely won't be skipping anymore days. Day 9 L2 done!!
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Day8 done, still Level 1 and I might just be there for a while. But I haven't skipped. And I'm doing 30-50 minutes of extra cardio every day. So, hopefully that will be enough until I can handle the move up....