Does anyone find that men are easier going than women?

Options

Replies

• writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I agree! My best friend in high school was a guy! Men are a lot less complicated! :flowerforyou:

Mine too..

ALthough I will say the one problem with having guy friends is sometimes the other party get a bit emotional...and the friendship ends up having to end. :(
  • Tracenspace
    Tracenspace Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Nope. I really find it depends on the person. I know plenty of neurotic men and totally laid back women and vice versa!

I agree. I usually hang out in groups of men and women. I can get along with just about anyone.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Men are less complicated, but women sure do make better sandwiches :tongue:
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have always worked in Female areas of work..... so much i think i might be ready for my boobs
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I always got on better with boys than girls. I don't really "get" girls. It was a shock having children and suddenly being thrown into this weird, all-female world of mothering.

After the events of last year, though, I don't like being around men at all, so things change. I only have 2 male friends now, and they are people I would trust with my life. My best friend is one of those men, though. I find him much easier to talk to than anyone else, really. I am mean to him too. You can't be mean to girls. They don't like you if you are.
  • fteale
    Options
    My best friend at school was a boy too. Unfortunately I was madly in love with him.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Interesting.

. One of the reasons why you will see women getting so upset over another woman wearing the same outfit or looking for the hidden meaning (read: insult) into the most innocent comment. Men, generally, dont do that.

Men don't react to this because they don't notice if someone is wearing the same outfit....lol
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    I definitely get on with guys better than girls!
  • fteale
    Options
    I definitely get on with guys better than girls!

If that's you in your profile picture, I am not surprised!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    As a couple of posters have said, it depends on the individual for me. Gender is beside the point. We're all just people.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    As a couple of posters have said, it depends on the individual for me. Gender is beside the point. We're all just people.
    Some of us are Ninjas too....smiley-violent074.gif
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Men are less complicated, but women sure do make better sandwiches :tongue:

Maybe that's why I preferred women roommates over guys???
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Funny, I know it happens, but I very often hear Women say this "it is easy to make friends with men." Less often I hear Men say "it is easier to make friends with women"

Your Mileage May Very....it's what I have noticed.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Some of us are Ninjas too....smiley-violent074.gif

REAL ninjas don't brag about it. We are secretive...
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I have found since I was little that it was so much easier making friends with boys than girls. My best friends were always boys.( I was not a tomboy either) Now as an adult I am finding the same thing. Does anyone else feel the same?

Absolutely-- generally speaking, more easygoing, less gossipy, less superficial, have a better sense of humor about themselves, aren't supersensitive, aren't ruled by emotions or hormones--

Men rule.

I agree....i have always had best friends that are guys.....guys are more fun and cooler..their sense of humor ROCKS......and most are more easy going. I do have a few close chica friends though...but guys are way easier to chill with!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I've always gotten along much better with men than I ever have with women, and this dates back to my earliest friendships. While I wasn't a tomboy, I had little interest in spending hours on hair, clothes, shoes, jewellery or who might possibly like me. I much preferred to spend time doing things. I also figured out that girls/women generally saw other girls/women as competition which didn't strike me as compatible with friendship.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I think it pretty natural for most to get along with the opposite sex. I always get along better with women. I've had both male and female roommates in college. It was always easier to live with the women. guys always put on a front with each other. You should see some of the interactions between guys at the gym. A lot of them annoy the hell out of me grunting, throwing down weights, and strutting around like damn peacocks.

I think that's because a person is not in "competition" with the opposite sex.
  • lordcarvin
    lordcarvin Posts: 12
    Options
    Danger, Will Robinson, Danger....

LMAO.... Nice

Houston we have a problem ...
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Here is my take. Two woman can be friends, no problem, but add in a third and the dynamic can get catty real quick. Therefore I avoid packs of women or would that be a gaggle? I get along great with men and as teen all my good friends were guys. Now my bestest friend is my hubbers, which works out because like he lives here and he is legally obligated to be nice to me at all times.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I think the 'competition' comments are spot on.

As a student at school and college the vast majority of my friends were male, gay and straight. Of course, this made women even more *****y as they assumed I was some kinda slut which i wasn't. I had nothing in common with the girls at school and just did't like them -I thought they were superficial and untrustworthy (ie your friend one day and a prize beeyatch the next). I really didn't enjoy my school days at all and it was primarily down to about 6 girls. I had very little confidence, made worse when people used to say that my male friends weren't really friends, they only wanted to sleep with me (whether they did or didn't, they didn't get the chance!) I found my male friends to be stable, loyal and trustworthy and am still friends with some of them now I'm 40.

However, as we have all paired off/ got married and had kids/ got dogs etc I find I have a lot more in common with women and now have some close female friends. We don't see each other all the time but when we do we have fun and we all know we are there for each other. These are girls I went to school with but we were all just hanging lonely in the background while the beeyatches ruled the roost! We spoke a little at school but didn't really see each other beyond that. I really admire and respect them and I think it is because there is no competition and a lot of shared experience.

It may be the case that a lot of the women on here who say they prefer male friends are younger women who unfortunately are still victims of jealousy and competition from other women?