Women who put on muscle fast

Options

Replies

• peggymdellinger
    peggymdellinger Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I build muscle easily... but I like it!!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Merely trying to add another perspective to the discussion, and responding a specific part of a specific post, not the whole thread. If you don't want to acknowledge that a woman may feel herself to be too 'bulky' despite the scientific difficulties in that matching up to your view of that term, please, continue on in blissful ignorance.

Again, this thread is specifically not about how anyone feels at the moment.

The entire thread is about change over time. It's not about being bulky or having muscle, it's about getting bulky or gaining muscle.

You can have muscle or not have muscle. You can be bulky or not be bulky. That's not what this is about. This is about whether you can BECOME bulkier or GAIN muscle while losing weight.

The answer is "you cannot."

Am I reading that right. You are saying you can't gain muscle while losing weight?

Not to any significant degree, no. Certainly you can't gain enough muscle in a caloric deficit to make a body part larger.

Beg to differ and this video pretty much sums it up in how you can lose fat and gain muscle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi-jnsG0Z7Y
    summary: eat 40% protein, don't eat all your protein blob at the same time or your 'nuclear reactor' well go off so eat 5-6 globs of protein spaced out per day lol (um, many people IF here and show vast improvements in body composition and the whole 'many meals a day' and 'you can only absorb little amounts of proteins at one time' theories proven wrong many moons ago...). He also goes on to say you need to eat unprocessed foods, 'good' fats are only from whole foods it seems,

This guy is batty.

Yes the advice will vary from person to person but the principles are the same regarding protein intake. But take leangains as an example the creator not only lost weight but he also gained muscle while in calorie deficit and many others have done the same following it so that alone proves it can be done but as I said in my previous post womens genetics are a lot different so I can see where the other dude is coming from when he says SHE has not gained muscle while cutting.
    Martin did not gain muscle on a caloric deficit. He went through many bulking and cutting cycles to gain mass, just like everyone else has to do.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Merely trying to add another perspective to the discussion, and responding a specific part of a specific post, not the whole thread. If you don't want to acknowledge that a woman may feel herself to be too 'bulky' despite the scientific difficulties in that matching up to your view of that term, please, continue on in blissful ignorance.

The entire thread is about change over time. It's not about being bulky or having muscle, it's about getting bulky or gaining muscle.

You can have muscle or not have muscle. You can be bulky or not be bulky. That's not what this is about. This is about whether you can BECOME bulkier or GAIN muscle while losing weight.

Am I reading that right. You are saying you can't gain muscle while losing weight?

Not to any significant degree, no. Certainly you can't gain enough muscle in a caloric deficit to make a body part larger.

Beg to differ and this video pretty much sums it up in how you can lose fat and gain muscle.

Oh god, Scooby.

No matter what Scooby says, and I am not watching his video, you cannot make any body parts larger while in a calorie deficit. It just doesn't happen.

But it can be done and you are wrong and very misinformed.
    You're calling someone else misinformed while using a YouTube video for evidence? Not exactly a credible source. Especially Scooby, who freely admits he has no knowledge of biology or physiology.

See my other link http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/Can-you-really-not-build-muscle-while-loosing-fat-m4817916.aspx

People who have posted have knowledge of biology and physiology :-)

Scooby is just one example of many people who say you can lose weight and GAIN muscle :-)

Just because people online say something doesn't make it true. You're swallowing stuff just because someone with an air of authority said it's so (and you want to believe it). Give it a break.
    For those who are to lazy to click and don't know what muscletalk link is...it's a forum, like this one, where whoever anonoymous figure can reply, like here. I only took a glimce and all I saw was some guys talking about how they feel lol.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

zDcF7.gif
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options

Oh god, Scooby.

No matter what Scooby says, and I am not watching his video, you cannot make any body parts larger while in a calorie deficit. It just doesn't happen.

You're calling someone else misinformed while using a YouTube video for evidence? Not exactly a credible source. Especially Scooby, who freely admits he has no knowledge of biology or physiology.

See my other link http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/Can-you-really-not-build-muscle-while-loosing-fat-m4817916.aspx

Scooby is just one example of many people who say you can lose weight and GAIN muscle :-)

Please read what has been posted here because you clearly haven't.

Gaining muscle in a deficit is possible but =/= getting bigger or "bulky."

It's all be explained in here repeatedly.

And no. I'm not reading anything on muscletalk.

I have read what's been posted.

If it's possible to gain muscle in a deficit then it's possible to get certain body parts bigger or bulky via weight training that specific area. /End of and no I will not respond to you now because you are not worth speaking to when you can't even read a thread where people who have responded have far more knowledge than you and me in the subject this petty debate is mainly on about.
  • CoderGal
    Options

zDcF7.gif

Me too, to much BBQ. Can't wait to have another today!
  • CoderGal
    Options

Oh god, Scooby.

If it's possible to gain muscle in a deficit then it's possible to get certain body parts bigger or bulky via weight training that specific area. /End of and no I will not respond to you now because you are not worth speaking to when you can't even read a thread where people who have responded have far more knowledge than you and me in the subject this petty debate is mainly on about.
    Logic fail.
    If you can grow muscle on a calorie deficit and you're losing weight, that does not mean you increased volume. Example: the part most likely got smaller, not larger, since muscle is a lot denser then the fat that was lost. And just in case that isn't clear for some this is from another post:

fat-vs-muscle.jpg

Say someone lost 1lb of weight (or 5lbs, since that's what the pic shows, pick a number but keep the proportions in volume of that pic). If that someone lost 1lb of fat (left) from their bicep (heh heh yeah I'm realistic) you would have to put on a considerable amount of weight in muscle to show a size difference on the plus side on your bicep...significantly more then 1lb. And to still have a deficit in weight you would have to lose more then 1lb in fat to make up for the muscle size growth/weight. Then we're in a loop where you'd have to tack on more muscle to make up for that fat which makes you heavier...seems unlikely. If you grow in one place, lose weight, you would have to significantly lose all kinds of inches from another place.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    If it's possible to gain muscle in a deficit then it's possible to get certain body parts bigger or bulky via weight training that specific area.

Not sure what makes you think this is true. If you're in a calorie deficit you are losing mass. Even if you're gaining muscle, muscle is significantly more dense than fat and therefore takes up less space.

There's no reason to think that gaining muscle mass, while losing overall mass, could make any individual body part larger. You would have to gain a significant amount of muscle mass on that part and not lose any body fat on that part, which is rather unlikely.
  • JaxDemon
    Options

Oh god, Scooby.

Just because people online say something doesn't make it true. You're swallowing stuff just because someone with an air of authority said it's so (and you want to believe it). Give it a break.

No I'm listening/Reading info from people who have far more knowledge on the subject than the majority on here who's aim is to be skinny.
  • JaxDemon
    Options
    If it's possible to gain muscle in a deficit then it's possible to get certain body parts bigger or bulky via weight training that specific area.

Not sure what makes you think this is true. If you're in a calorie deficit you are losing mass. Even if you're gaining muscle, muscle is significantly more dense than fat and therefore takes up less space.

There's no reason to think that gaining muscle mass, while losing overall mass, could make any individual body part larger. You would have to gain a significant amount of muscle mass on that part and not lose any body fat on that part, which is rather unlikely.

Unlikely yes but possible nonetheless.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Logic fail.
    If you can grow muscle on a calorie deficit and you're losing weight, that does not mean you increased volume. Example: the part most likely got smaller, not larger, since muscle is a lot denser then the fat that was lost. And just in case that isn't clear for some this is from another post:

fat-vs-muscle.jpg

Say someone lost 1lb of weight (or 5lbs, since that's what the pic shows, pick a number but keep the proportions in volume of that pic). If that someone lost 1lb of fat (left) from their bicep (heh heh yeah I'm realistic) you would have to put on a considerable amount of weight in muscle to show a size difference on the plus side on your bicep...significantly more then 1lb. And to still have a deficit in weight you would have to lose more then 1lb in fat to make up for the muscle size growth/weight which would be over a lb and the weight lost...it just seems unplausible in your case for 5 weeks to see a measurable gain in a particular part and assume it's muscle. Even if you are the ideal candidate, from what I understand, muscle isn't the easiest thing to put on.

Devil woman, you beat me to it.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Which is why I've been asking you for pages to show examples to prove it's possible.

You're reading people who you think are experts and just believing them. You have no actual reason to believe it's true.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Logic fail.

fat-vs-muscle.jpg

Say someone lost 1lb of weight (or 5lbs, since that's what the pic shows, pick a number but keep the proportions in volume of that pic). If that someone lost 1lb of fat (left) from their bicep (heh heh yeah I'm realistic) you would have to put on a considerable amount of weight in muscle to show a size difference on the plus side on your bicep...significantly more then 1lb. And to still have a deficit in weight you would have to lose more then 1lb in fat to make up for the muscle size growth/weight. Then we're in a loop where you'd have to tack on more muscle to make up for that fat which makes you heavier...seems unlikely. If you grow in one place, lose weight, you would have to significantly lose all kinds of inches from another place.

Devil woman, you beat me to it.
    Devil man, you quoted me before I added to it so it doesn't look like I'm talking to someone else :p
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I literally can't handle this thread anymore. Pages and pages of people making all kinds of sense, and women (and men apparently) are still showing up saying they can "put on muscle" or "get bulky" (aka, increasing size) while losing weight. I'm going to share my pictures again as well for the folks who might just be showing up:

See the (little) definition in this arm?
    ry%3D480

It was under all of THIS:
    ry%3D480
    (Not a good comparison, but I didn't exactly take flexed arm shots on a regular basis 6 years ago.)

My arm did NOT get bigger.

What the frack is so hard to understand about this?!?!
  • JaxDemon
    Options

Oh god, Scooby.

Logic fail.

fat-vs-muscle.jpg

Say someone lost 1lb of weight (or 5lbs, since that's what the pic shows, pick a number but keep the proportions in volume of that pic). If that someone lost 1lb of fat (left) from their bicep (heh heh yeah I'm realistic) you would have to put on a considerable amount of weight in muscle to show a size difference on the plus side on your bicep...significantly more then 1lb. And to still have a deficit in weight you would have to lose more then 1lb in fat to make up for the muscle size growth/weight which would be over a lb and the weight lost...

You will most likely lose muscle can't deny that but you can take precautions to keep what you have. Dave Palumbo keto diet is one plan which aims to do this with high protein/low carbs. As you will be aware keto chucks you into fat burning for fuel. Or if the person wanted they could just take trenbolone and be done with this nonsense that you can't be in calorie deficit and gain muscle.
  • JaxDemon
    Options

Which is why I've been asking you for pages to show examples to prove it's possible.

You're reading people who you think are experts and just believing them. You have no actual reason to believe it's true.

Still searching but finding women who have actually posted stats is bloody hard lol. Most I find is overweight women who have lost a tonne of weight and no actual stats on biceps or anything or the next best thing is some supplement company saying this person lost 100lbs taking this herb and the pics look photoshopped hahaha. Bare with me.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options

Still searching but finding women who have actually posted stats is bloody hard lol. Most I find is overweight women who have lost a tonne of weight and no actual stats on biceps or anything or the next best thing is some supplement company saying this person lost 100lbs taking this herb and the pics look photoshopped hahaha. Bare with me.

Maybe they don't exist?
  • CoderGal
    Options
    You will most likely lose muscle can't deny that but you can take precautions to keep what you have. Dave Palumbo keto diet is one plan which aims to do this with high protein/low carbs. As you will be aware keto chucks you into fat burning for fuel. Or if the person wanted they could just take trenbolone and be done with this nonsense that you can't be in calorie deficit and gain muscle.
    Once again I didn't see anyone say you cannot gain muscle on a calorie deficit, but most people won't anyway. But yes, there are things you can do to preserve what you have. Not necessarily low carb (since there are studies that indicate maximum absorption for protein and if your fairly active it doesn't really matter what the calories come from after that, other then keeping nutrition in mind and getting adequate fats and a balanced diet of nutrient dense things).

Not to mention the whole keto thing seems flawed. Just because you're burning fat doesn't mean you're not burning muscle and the fat isn't going right back on. Ask many of the sedentary low cal people who are doing the whole keto thing who have lost a chunk of weight. Muscular they are not. But yes, adequate protein is essential.

As for it being insulin/carbs fault for fat storage:
    "Insulin…an Undeserved Bad Reputation

I feel sorry for insulin. Insulin has been bullied and beaten up. It has been cast as an evil hormone that should be shunned. However, insulin doesn’t deserve the treatment it has received.
    MYTH:A High Carbohydrate Diet Leads to Chronically High Insulin Levels

FACT:Insulin Is Only Elevated During the Time After a Meal In Healthy Individuals
    MYTH: Carbohydrate Drives Insulin, Which Drives Fat Storage

FACT: Your Body Can Synthesize and Store Fat Even When Insulin Is Low
    MYTH: Insulin Makes You Hungry

FACT: Insulin Suppresses Appetite
    MYTH: Carbohydrate Is Singularly Responsible for Driving Insulin

FACT: Protein Is a Potent Stimulator of Insulin Too
    ..."
    http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=319
  • RebeccaHite
    RebeccaHite Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I love my manly man muscles.

Carry on arguing.

ETA... oh and how about this... If you are afraid to start lifting because you are going to become she-hulk, then do this.
    Take measurements of all your feared bulky areas... Thighs, Calves, Biceps, what have you.

Measure every couple of weeks and if you find those areas are gaining inches, then stop lifting.

I look much stronger now than I did three years ago... but guess what... my bicep sizes have not changed much whatsoever. I just lost the fat that was hiding the definition.

If you don't like the definition... keep the layer of fat.

:smile: Yep
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Still searching but finding women who have actually posted stats is bloody hard lol.

Funny that.