30DS + C25K starting June 6

Options

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    30DS day 1 done! Harder than I remember. It'll get easier, though. 392 cals in 26 minutes is worth the hard work. Day 1 of C25K tonight (gotta do it at night because it's 9 am and already about 95 degrees).
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I really need to get a HRM:laugh: I am about to head out the door to do my first day week 1 C2K and I'm wondering how I'll figure out my calories, I looked at the Walmart thing but it doesn't have anything I noticed I can use, and I looked at the excercise's on here and there are alot of options but how do you know which one is the right one to choose? I don't want to give myself too much credit, but I also don't want to not give myself enough :laugh: Any suggestions?
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I don't know..I got my HRM at Kmart for $30, did you try there? Because with a lot of things, you can kind of estimate based on what MFP says, but when you're doing a combo of running and walking, I think it gets a little harder.
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I really need to get a HRM:laugh: I am about to head out the door to do my first day week 1 C2K and I'm wondering how I'll figure out my calories, I looked at the Walmart thing but it doesn't have anything I noticed I can use, and I looked at the excercise's on here and there are alot of options but how do you know which one is the right one to choose? I don't want to give myself too much credit, but I also don't want to not give myself enough :laugh: Any suggestions?

Do u have a phone u can download an app. I have cardio trainer on mine and it shows the distance, speed, and the amount of calories I burned. Of course the calorie burn is probably not as accurate as a hrm but it's a good start so u have an idea.
  • soa1
    soa1 Posts: 7
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking, how do you log in the 30DS in your exercise diary? I've been putting it in as 'circuit training, general' (for level 2) but I'm not too sure if that's correct.
  • raeanneg
    raeanneg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Count me in... I need some motivation as I have been off the wagon since mid April and just joined a Biggest Loser competition at work.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking, how do you log in the 30DS in your exercise diary? I've been putting it in as 'circuit training, general' (for level 2) but I'm not too sure if that's correct.

I have an HRM, so I just created my own workout title on here and plugged in my calories, but if you don't have one, you're right to log it as circuit training because that's what it is. :smile:
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    How'd everyone do today? I'm doing C25K in less than an hour (7:45). Why so late? It's effing hot in the desert..hopefully it'll be more tolerable at dusk. I'll let ya know! :happy:
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hi

So did day one of shred yesterday. My upper thighs are sore today :laugh:
    Starting c25k today. Looking forward to it.
    Anyone have any tips for newbies?
    Oh i must take some before pics.
    Have a great day everyone :smile:
  • bex481
    bex481 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am on day 8 of the 30 Day Shred but want to begin the C25K. Where can I get it?
  • soa1
    soa1 Posts: 7
    Options
    I have an HRM, so I just created my own workout title on here and plugged in my calories, but if you don't have one, you're right to log it as circuit training because that's what it is. :smile:

• fridayjustleft04
    Options
    C25k is a running program, so you don't buy anything. Look at C25k.com for more info. Oh! I did day 1 last night and it kicked my butt! I wanted to quit, and I probably would have, but my boyfriend was with me, so I didn't. Shred is going to be killer today since I'm so sore. Oh well..gotta do it. Have a great day, people!
  • bex481
    bex481 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I printed out the schedule and will be starting tomorrow! On day 8 of the 30ds. A little nervous about leval 2 starting! But I've gotten pretty good at leel 1!
  • irishblonde2011
    Options
    Day one of c25k DONE.
    I have the most amazing boyfriend who told me he had plans and then arrived up in his shorts ready to hit the ground with me :smile:
    My calves are tight BUT i did it. Would really recommend the iphone app.
    Do not know how i am going to get off the couch to do shred lol.
    How is everyone getting on?
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Day one of c25k DONE.
    I have the most amazing boyfriend who told me he had plans and then arrived up in his shorts ready to hit the ground with me :smile:
    My calves are tight BUT i did it. Would really recommend the iphone app.
    Do not know how i am going to get off the couch to do shred lol.
    How is everyone getting on?

Totally with you. Shred was extra hard today just because I was so sore from C25k yesterday. We've got good boyfriends, though. Mine suffered with me, too :tongue:
  • irishblonde2011
    Options
    Day two of shred DONE.

I really thought i might not make it after c25k today but i found energy from somewhere at half 11 at night. I am sure i am loved by my neighbours :laugh:
    It is great to have the support of your partner. I know only you can do it but it makes me so sad when i read threads about people having no support.
    Did everyone take their before pics?
  • irishblonde2011
    Options
    I printed out the schedule and will be starting tomorrow! On day 8 of the 30ds. A little nervous about leval 2 starting! But I've gotten pretty good at leel 1!

I hope i feel like that after level 1. I am scared to even look at leve 2 & 3.
    You got this. 1/3 way done already.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Took my "before" pics yesterday. Ugh. Lol..hopefully the "afters" will be much more enjoyable to look at. :tongue:
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    My legs have been so sore since Monday..anyone else? I like that they're sore; means I'm working, but it's definitely gunna make running today much harder than Monday.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Here's my assessment of 30DS Phase 1. Feel free to disagree or add your own. :smile:

Circuit 1
    Strength: HATE, HATE, HATE!
    Cardio: Hate even more than strength
    Abs: Love this one

Circuit 2
    Strength: Meh..don't love it.
    Cardio: Definitely the most tolerable one of the 3
    Abs: Not my favorite, but not so bad.

Circuit 3
    Strength: Like this one
    Cardio: If it weren't for all that jumping, this would be ok..haha
    Abs: Ugh..my legs are dying by this time. Don't make me keep them up!