Venting and Kind of Being a Jerk, Sorry...

Options
damcool
damcool Posts: 97 Member
I'm probably going to get lambasted for this comment, but I'm having a hard time lately with certain "types" of people. First, there's those people that have never been overweight that continue to complain about their 100 lb body because their Mommy once told them they were fat...Then, there are those that complain that they're fat, but continue to go to McDonald's 4 days a week. I came here to change my life. McDonald's and my mother are not welcome!!!! I don't want someone to complain about the little tiny fat roll that they get when they put their head down between their knees doing yoga...I also don't want to hear someone constantly saying how they screwed up, when it's obvious they aren't ready to get serious about losing weight. Please, don't get me wrong, we all screw up! I'm just a little more than frustrated with people not being REAL with themselves and honestly, I think most of them need therapy...And, I say that as someone that has had therapy and can now look at myself (most of the time) very honestly...Sorry for the rant, I just wanted to get that out. Thank you...

Replies

• allybtucker
    Options
    Vent away girlfriend!! I have lots of friends where the majority of our conversations is them complaining about how screwed up their lives are, and in every case, it's self inflicted. I offer advice (which I shouldn't do) but they keep on making bad decisions. I'm starting to dread their calls. There will always be those people out there, you have to learn how to filter them out, or they'll drive you crazy~
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I think you should avoid the forums
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Well said. I am leader of a weight loss support group and I hear the same excuses every week.
  • ladyluck5210
    ladyluck5210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean? I had to deal with a lot of that in school.. The skinniest girl ever claiming she's fat! Really annoying! So true about people going to Mickey D's every other day! I also went to therapy, and it's so true.. many, many people could sure use a session.. or 12.
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I think the world would be a much better place if everyone would focus as much energy on themselves that they do on what other people are doing... just my two cents... I have a very busy fulfilled life to spend so much unneccessary energy focused on what other people are doing... what's the point?
  • vintagegrl88
    Options
    I know what you mean. Stay true to yourself and keep your goals in mind. Dont let other people's negativity drag you down.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. Stay true to yourself and keep your goals in mind. Dont let other people's negativity drag you down.

The only negativity here is from the OP... why do you all care about what other people are doing? They are the ones that have to live (or die) with their choices... the real insecure ones have to try to inflict some sort of control on the actions of others... Get real and spend more time developing your own lives.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You've been in therapy, so you know that everyone has issues. And only they can solve those issues. I agree it can be frustrating to see clearly where other people are going wrong, and how hard it is not to get in there and tell them what's what.

But it is down to each individual. We are all here on a personal journey, and we all have obstacles to overcome.

And it's also a great place to vent - so rant away!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • katieann1735
    Options
    I completely agree! Those are the people who will never be satisfied in life -- at least we enjoy it!
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Well said, I had a friend once who was skinny as a toothpick, but at like crap and always complained about being "fat". It was annoying and I couldn't take it anymore. I've had weight problems ever since I hit puberty. It is a little disheartening.
    But, I do agree, I think that the people who have momma issues or just can't figure out why they're not loosing need extra help; I also believe that there are a lot of rude pompous people on here too who need help or just to come down from their high horse- (sorry, I had an encounter yesterday with a rude person on a forum) but when it comes down to it, we all need help. That's why we're here. Granted, I just had a sonic ice cream cone, but I won't be complaining, it was well deserved. (haha). But... Thank you for saying what so many of us were thinking.. Wonderful!
  • damcool
    damcool Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. There's no insecurity here. I care about people that's the difference between me and that other chick. I just get tired of trying to help and my suggestions fall on deaf ears...I'm not judging. At least I hope I'm not, but I'm just a little more than frustrated. I guess I'd never be a good personal trainer, huh?!
  • wellnesscoachmegg
    wellnesscoachmegg Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think, in general...people on forums don't always think about others feelings. Meaning, "the skinny girl" sees this place as a place to vent, just as you do. I'm hoping that in real life, if she was in a room full of people she hardly knows, and she is the thinnest she maybe would phrase it differently, or not bring it up. That being said, you don't have to be a certain size to have weight and body issues. Being discounted for your feelings just because you don't meet the medical criteria for being overweight feels crappy. I think what it comes down to is everyone just needs to be good to everyone else (unless its clearly attention seeking behavior) because no matter what size or weight, everyone has their "stuff".

But again, vent away. This is a place to be heard.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'm 115lbs are you telling me that I'm not allowed to want to be fit and toned and healthy?

Focus on yourself not on other people!
  • Starrr126
    Starrr126 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes it comes down to a matter of terms. True someone with +50 to lose is not (maybe) going to have the same struggles as someone with 5-10 to lose. However, I think those people who are perhaps looking to "tone" more than lose, but call it losing the same are just as welcome on the boards. IMHO as long as someone is trying to do the best for them and healthy ways there shouldn't be a standard of who is allowed to complain and who isn't. Also there is the annoying issue of looks fat and medical fat. According to the charts I should weight like 100 pounds. Personally I'd be thrilled with 140. I wouldn't look fat but according to medical charts I'd be overweight. If I went with the charts I would be one of those "annoying girls" too. Sorry not trying to oppose you, just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents. Interesting topic/post! ( ;
  • tusher2011
    tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

The only negativity here is from the OP... why do you all care about what other people are doing? They are the ones that have to live (or die) with their choices... the real insecure ones have to try to inflict some sort of control on the actions of others... Get real and spend more time developing your own lives.
    [/quote]

Now THIS is well said!!! There are always going to be people that say something that makes you roll your eyes. Big freaking deal, get over it. It's their lives to live and you have your own. Quit worrying about how many times a week they go to McDonadls and then complain about it here.

The beauty of these kinds of message boards is that....if you don;t like the freaking topic...move the hell on.

I have had weight issues for a few years...I KNOW I need to lose it, but I also can't stop eating...I love food, lol. So I am here trying to find a balance and to get healthy. No need for YOU to worry about whether or not I am serious about losing weight.

Geez.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options

agreed
  • tiffanyquincey
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I have a friend who complains every day to me about how big she is, then goes out 4 times a week and drinks away an entire day's worth of calories, on top of eating too much during the day. It gets old hearing the same thing over and over and seeing her not doing anything.
    And to the person above me, I don't think she was saying anything like that. I think what she was saying was that you should not complain about being fat if you clearly are not. Thats just fishing for compliments. And its hard to not get frustrated with other people when they always complain to you about how "fat" they are. Congrats on getting fit though!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel.

I have a co worker that weighs probably a good 500 pounds if I had to guess, eats mcdonalds twice a DAY and then gets super defensive when I mention anything about my diet or exercise when I'm not even speaking to her.

And more than once I've been in a fitting room listening to little tiny tiny girls complaining that their size 0s are not fitting quite right because they "so fat".

It can be excruciatingly frustrating.