Venting and Kind of Being a Jerk, Sorry...

Options

Replies

• Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. Stay true to yourself and keep your goals in mind. Dont let other people's negativity drag you down.

The only negativity here is from the OP... why do you all care about what other people are doing? They are the ones that have to live (or die) with their choices... the real insecure ones have to try to inflict some sort of control on the actions of others... Get real and spend more time developing your own lives.
    YEP!! Agreed!
  • damcool
    damcool Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am not saying that those that are thin can't be here. Who am I to say such a thing? What irritates me is that some people are vying for attention and this is the only place they get it. It takes away from us that really care about health, weight, and toning. I'm now down to 10 lbs from my goal weight and am now trying to tone my body (after 5 children), so I totally understand that people may judge me for how much I weigh now. But, I'll always remember were I started (115), where I landed (205) and where I am now (135). That's the difference. I know who I am regardless of what anyone tells me. I can't stand it when people come on here and fish for compliments or when they are so NOT ready to make the change and are STILL fishing for compliments. Thanks again...
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I normally stay outta the drama, but I have to thumbs up this post. I'm by no means fat, but there IS a part of me that is more overweight than it should be in terms of proportion. Us skinny gals and guys have every right to vent/post/blah blah blah as much as anybody else :)

And to the original poster, I respect your opinion. Like I said, these forums are a place to vent if need be.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just WOW. So it's bad to want to continue to work towards being your best? skinny **** WTF? That pisses me off to no end.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I'm 115lbs are you telling me that I'm not allowed to want to be fit and toned and healthy?

Focus on yourself not on other people!
    I agree!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. Stay true to yourself and keep your goals in mind. Dont let other people's negativity drag you down.

Don't go preaching about not letting negativity bring others down! YOU ARE ONE OF THE CAUSES!

Just because we don't have a high WL goal we're all "*****" now! Us 'skinny girls' get a lot of negativity here but that is the worst I've heard! You should be ashamed of yourself!

I have friends on here who are 105lbs trying to gain and friends who are 500lbs with a lot to lose and I support and encourage each as equals. This website is NOT a place for stereotyping and negativity!
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options

a little bit harsh dontcha think, people are here for different reasons, first of all i congratulate them for being here and wanting to make the change at all, whether they have a disorder whether they are FAT or skinny, i don't judge anyone, we're all here to support each other whatever the reason we're here, and not every FAT **** goes to MacDonalds 4 times a week !!!!!!!!!!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I think I know how you feel. I mean, its just stupid for people to make their own decisions and very inconsiderate of them to recognise that they have a flaw of their own.

It's just down right mean of them..
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options

Don't go preaching about not letting negativity bring others down! YOU ARE ONE OF THE CAUSES!

Just because we don't have a high WL goal we're all "****" now! Us 'skinny girls' get a lot of negativity here but that is the worst I've heard! You should be ashamed of yourself!

I have friends on here who are 105lbs trying to gain and friends who are 500lbs with a lot to lose and I support and encourage each as equals. This website is NOT a place for stereotyping and negativity!

thumbs up to this post! we are all here for the same goals hopefully... to be healthy!! Its not about how much you weigh its about the common goal and we should be there to support each other despite of our starting points whether thats over or under weight
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Just wondering how some people are going to feel when they reach their goals and are now that sk*nny b*tch everyone seems to hate on... the mirror has 2 faces people so tread lightly on how you judge others... b/c if you hopefully reach your goals... you may be getting a taste of your own medicine.
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just wanna give a big thumbs up to whoever censored the big T word. Good lawd I don't think I've ever seen that word used so much in such a short amount of time!
  • schnarfo
    Options
    Just wanna give a big thumbs up to whoever censored the big T word. Good lawd I don't think I've ever seen that word used so much in such a short amount of time!

Yes thank you ms natalie :)
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    Firstly, can we please keep the language off the forums. Not sure why that particular word is not censored but it IS a derogatory term when used in this context.

Secondly, please stick to the forum rules. If someone says something that offends you then please report the post and a moderator will have a look at it. Do NOT retaliate.

Some posts have been edited to remove the offensive material to allow the thread to remain open. Some posts have been completely deleted as they could not be successfully edited. Please continue this debate/discussion in a civil manner....some of the posts here have made for uncomfortable reading.

Ms_Natalie

MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator.
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    I know what you mean. It is irritating when a skinny **** says she's fat. And an overweight person tries to fish for sympathy from other people. At least we all know who the real insecure ones really are. :-P Stay true to yourself and keep your goals in mind. Dont let other people's negativity drag you down.

a little bit harsh dontcha think, people are here for different reasons, first of all i congratulate them for being here and wanting to make the change at all, whether they have a disorder whether they are FAT or skinny, i don't judge anyone, we're all here to support each other whatever the reason we're here, and not every FAT **** goes to MacDonalds 4 times a week !!!!!!!!!!
    **Standing Ovation**
    Very well said my sweet girl!
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I think you should avoid the forums

Why is that?
    She's completely correct in most people's views. In mine for that matter.
    She's just venting and not saying it's fact.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    This site/app is c alled MY FITNESS PAL that is becuase this site is about fitness not just weightloss. Yes it has brilliant tools for those of use to help in our weightloss goals and those who have goals to gain weight it also has tools for those who want to get toned aswell as those who just want to get fit. It's for everyone who wants to be fitter and healthier.

The forums here are also to help support people with whatever they need be it they can't stop themselves eating but know they need to lose or tose that know they need to eat more but can't do that. This isn't the place for judging people over anything. IF your here then your not perfect yourself so shouldn't expect that from others.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

Yes thank you ms natalie :)

No problem :flowerforyou:

With hindsight I should have censored the word from the first post in which it was mentioned, but as I realised it was a highly derogatory word, I quickly edited the post, so therefore from the first couple of pages some sentences have been deleted which contained the word. The meaning of edited posts however was not altered in any way.

Cheers again :flowerforyou:
  • schnarfo
    Options
    I think you should avoid the forums

Why is that?
    She's completely correct in most people's views. In mine for that matter.
    She's just venting and not saying it's fact.

Correct in most peoples views? I think youll find this thread has had mixed responses. If you dont like it then dont come to the forums, simple really. chose who you want to be friends with and stick to them so that your no longer irritated by skinny people.
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I totally agree!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Oh heck don't mention the word skinny on thew forums or you're the worst person in the world.!!! :tongue: