Marriage vs. Singledom

Options

Replies

• pinkpixies
    Options
    Well, I've never even had a boyfriend so I don't think I can answer very well...but I like living alone. I can't stand the thought of sleeping in a bed with another person or sharing a bathroom and stuff... :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Why can't we be together but not have to be married?

I enjoy calling him my SO- and I really enjoy shocking the *kitten* outta old fogies when they refer to my "boyfriend" of 3 years as my husband! :laugh:

We're still single, in the term world, but committed on so many different levels.

Good point...I agree:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Why can't we be together but not have to be married?

I enjoy calling him my SO- and I really enjoy shocking the *kitten* outta old fogies when they refer to my "boyfriend" of 3 years as my husband! :laugh:

We're still single, in the term world, but committed on so many different levels.

Good point...I agree:drinker:

I was married, now I'm single...I married young....sometimes that can make all the difference...I truly enjoy being single...but then I have many things I enjoy doing with friends, do spend time alone which I very much enjoy and spend time with others. For now though...I want to get my life in order....perhaps someday if it's meant to be I'll marry again. Who knows what ahead for me :heart:

Big difference between being alone and being lonely.... I think they often get confused and folks use only one meaning... everyone needs alone time... I think that's what makes a marriage work... being able to learn along the way to read one another to know when being alone is what they need at the moment or being hugged:heart:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I haven't read this whole thread but I'm living in sin which is pretty much the same thing as marriage but without the actual wedding ceremony.

Do you think I'm going to hell? :devil:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I haven't read this whole thread but I'm living in sin which is pretty much the same thing as marriage but without the actual wedding ceremony.

Yes, but I hear they play NKOTB there so you'll be fine. :bigsmile:

{{giggles...ducks....runs for cover...}}
  • Mireille
    Options

Yes, but I hear they play NKOTB there so you'll be fine. :bigsmile:

{{giggles...ducks....runs for cover...}}

You can run, but you cannot hide!!! :angry:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mireille
    Options

Who you laughing at? :grumble:

By the way, you look freaking hot in your AV!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

Laughing??? I am laughing WITH you my dahhling! :)

Really?? Thanks! I took it in the car yesterday on the way home from the park! hahaha!:laugh:
  • Mireille
    Options

Laughing??? I am laughing WITH you my dahhling! :)

Really?? Thanks! I took it in the car yesterday on the way home from the park! hahaha!:laugh:

I love, love, love your sun glasses!! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Ya, I wouldn't have married that man either!!! EEEK!!!!

Not all men are obnoxious! My husband is great at the snuggles, he isn't a pig, he cooks great (worked in a meat department when we were in school), we have the same friends, and serve??? We serve each other evenly...Hokay, he spoils me! He listens to my crazy talk, he is a great Dad, a fantabulous military guy. He's a goof sometimes, but perfect for me!

My husband was diagnosed with cancer the day my daughter was born. I almost lost him 6 years ago. What a wake up call. We have had tough years, but we have worked through the sick days and here we are! He makes coffee for me in the AM and even rubs my feet to wake me up! Anyway...

Not all men are a mess. :wink:

One of a kind!!! LOL This entire thread has had me glued all day. I can't wait to tell my man he's great when he gets home! Yey ya'lls for it! I think being married or not, being happy is the most important thing!
    :noway:

ummmm, can I clone your husband?!?!? I want one! :laugh:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I love being married and am so glad to not ever have to be in the whole dating scene again. We both have our own hobbies and this year we have taken up one together, cycling. It is nice to be able to do that together.
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    MARRIAGE!
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    After being faithfully married for thirteen years and now divorced and single. I would choose being married any day even with the bad times. Not being one too sleep around (any more) every one has there past. i find being single very lonely and depressing. There is nothing like having some one there when u come home to share your life with. Although i would get married again, I can agree with the living together, but not getting married though. I have found that marriage and relationships are in your heart and not on a peice of paper. To much now adays many take vowels as mere words that are spoken at that time and not a life long committment. They say the words through good times and bad for richer and poorer in sickness and health till death do us part, but many bail out when times are tough. I guess although im still relatively young, i am very old school in that aspect that i do beleive they are not mere words but a promise made, and i will do anything in my power to never break a promise to anyone. my word is my bound. god bless all of u.
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    single, i would not have been single for this long if it was not fun....!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    cleaning up after them, cooking for them, putting up with their annoying friends and basically being their servant,

Are you planning to get married in 1952? Women don't do this anymore. Things are much more balanced. Okay, they put up with our annoying friends.

Married by the way. I like having someone there to talk to at the end of the day who cares about my dreams.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

I like Tam's new Jackie O. picture.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not married yet, but I've been with my bf for about 3 years, and we've lived together for most of it. I did have my crazy party time my Freshmen year of college, but that just resulted in gaining weight and making 'friends' I don't associate with anymore. I do like the single life in terms of getting to know people and getting to be flirty (who doesn't like to be flirted with?), but I like being in a monogamous relationship because it's stable and nice to have someone to share feelings with. Sometimes I get nervous about marriage...I mean, I only want to do it once, what if I mess up? What if it's not any fun? What if everything fizzles out and I end up just living with this man who is like a roommate? What if I decide I don't want kids? So in that respect, it sounds like fewer worries if you're single.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I am divorced but I still have to say marriage is better than being single...
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    After being faithfully married for thirteen years and now divorced and single. I would choose being married any day even with the bad times. Not being one too sleep around (any more) every one has there past. i find being single very lonely and depressing. There is nothing like having some one there when u come home to share your life with. Although i would get married again, I can agree with the living together, but not getting married though. I have found that marriage and relationships are in your heart and not on a peice of paper. To much now adays many take vowels as mere words that are spoken at that time and not a life long committment. They say the words through good times and bad for richer and poorer in sickness and health till death do us part, but many bail out when times are tough. I guess although im still relatively young, i am very old school in that aspect that i do beleive they are not mere words but a promise made, and i will do anything in my power to never break a promise to anyone. my word is my bound. god bless all of u.

Oh lovey, you're such an amazing person and you will find someone so special for you! I promise. No way is a guy like you not going to find someone amazing! Just wait til she comes and knocks you on your butt!