I've Started Supreme 90 Day Today

Options
12345679»

Replies

• jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I am about to start P90X ... again.... only made it 6wks last time, stopped for minor medical reason. I will start again this Monday, 9/26/2011...... My question is this....... P90X DVD's have so much more than what is listed in the diary/exercise drop box. I don't know what I'm burning.... how do you document this activity?

I use an HRM, and used the "add an exercise" feature to create a Supreme 90 selection on my list. Then I just adjust the time and cals burned each day.
  • Lisa6770
    Options
    I'm new here and still finding my way around... Thanks for the advice, I will try that.
  • Lisa6770
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try that.
  • cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well I'm currently awaiting the arrival of my Supreme 90 DVD's that I ordered from Amazon. I first saw it at target but didn't get it at the time because I usually like to check out the reviews on things before I purchase them and I've heard a ton of good things about it. I like my workouts to be hardcore as well so we'll see how this goes!! I'm really looking forward to it, good luck to everyone currently doing the program!!! :bigsmile:
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Well I'm currently awaiting the arrival of my Supreme 90 DVD's that I ordered from Amazon. I first saw it at target but didn't get it at the time because I usually like to check out the reviews on things before I purchase them and I've heard a ton of good things about it. I like my workouts to be hardcore as well so we'll see how this goes!! I'm really looking forward to it, good luck to everyone currently doing the program!!! :bigsmile:

Cindaboo1, I think you will like it. You can go to Supreme90Day. com and check out the workouts. Click on sneak peek to view ech workout. It's a good muscle confusion program.
  • AZackery
    Options
    Supreme 90 Day Day 90 Cardio Challenge has been deposited.

I thank God for allowing me to complete this program. Supreme 90 Day is the first program that I have ever done. I haven't lost a lot of pounds of fat or inches, but I have gotten stronger. My core is stronger. I can do full push ups now. This program has help with my posture as well.

I recommend this program to anyone that wants to try a muscle confusion program that will not take up a lot of time. I have a long way to go with my pounds of fat lost, but I'm not giving up. I know it will take me a year or so to lose the amount of pounds of fat that I need to lose.

I will be starting a 30 day Tae Bo program that I have created in October. I need more cardio to help me lose pounds of fat.

For everyone that's doing this program, keep up the good work and don't give up. I will cheer you on.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing! Day 80 was done today for me.

I've lost around 13-15 lbs and about 3 inches off things. I can tell my strength has improved during the past 3 months. Last week I finally did my first pushups on my toes!! Supreme 90 Day did this. $20 investment with great results!

I'm thinking of doing ChaLean Extreme or Turbo Fire for my next 90Day challenge.
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! Very nice to see people stick with a program all the way till the end! Keep up the amazing work!
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Congrats AZackery! Well done. I've been watching and pulling for you for a long time and I'm proud of you for hanging in there. For me strict diet and a lot of cardio offers the best weight loss. But strength training is crucial and too many people overlook it in their quest to lose weight. I'm so gald you hung in. If you beef up cardio I would still do strength training at least twice a week - forever! I am fifty nine and can promise everyone that strength training is hugely important as one ages; don't put it off as I did thinking "yeah, I'll get to that some day." I do a lot of cardio, but muscle mass is the number one predictor of health in the elderly and elderly is always sneaking up on yo; it seems so far off but suddenly there you are. I want to be active for years to come and strength training is the foundation for that. But the time to start is now. Anyway, good job!!!
  • AZackery
    Options
    Congrats AZackery! Well done. I've been watching and pulling for you for a long time and I'm proud of you for hanging in there. For me strict diet and a lot of cardio offers the best weight loss. But strength training is crucial and too many people overlook it in their quest to lose weight. I'm so gald you hung in. If you beef up cardio I would still do strength training at least twice a week - forever! I am fifty nine and can promise everyone that strength training is hugely important as one ages; don't put it off as I did thinking "yeah, I'll get to that some day." I do a lot of cardio, but muscle mass is the number one predictor of health in the elderly and elderly is always sneaking up on yo; it seems so far off but suddenly there you are. I want to be active for years to come and strength training is the foundation for that. But the time to start is now. Anyway, good job!!!

Thanks Johnwhitent. I believe in strength training as well. Prior to doing this program, I would do two days of strength training. Billy Blanks have strength training Tae Bo workouts as well. He always did. I will be getting my strength training in as well. I just need more cardio though. I like that Billy's strength training has cardio as well.
  • Dreamin_Skinny
    Options
    I was looking for Insanity on Amazon when I stumbled across this workout dvd. I've read amazing reviews. I am def going to look for this workout today. I am getting tired of paying a gym membership and making the drive.

What do I need to buy in addition to the dvd? So far, It seems like I'll need one of those workout balls and some dumbbells. Is that all?
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yup!

Although id suggest a fan, water bottle and towel for your sweat. :)
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Yup!

Although id suggest a fan, water bottle and towel for your sweat. :)

Hahaha! That's right!
  • AZackery
    Options
    I was looking for Insanity on Amazon when I stumbled across this workout dvd. I've read amazing reviews. I am def going to look for this workout today. I am getting tired of paying a gym membership and making the drive.

What do I need to buy in addition to the dvd? So far, It seems like I'll need one of those workout balls and some dumbbells. Is that all?

You can find the workout at The Dollar General Store, Target, Walgreens, Walmart , Bed Bath and Beyond or Ross. Some people order it from online. I use cast iron dumbbells. Dumbbells can run high, it depend where you get them from. It should be cheaper to buy a set of dumbbells. The only cheap sets that I know of is the neon dumbbells. I've own my dumbbells prior to doing this program. You might want to check some thrift stores or even garage sales for dumbbells. I've found dumbbells there. Other than that, I've brought my cast iron dumbbells from Academy. They are cheaper there than at Walmart.

I don't lift heavy. The highest my dumbbells go up to is 10lbs. Well, I do have one 25lb dumbbell that I have bought at a garage sale a few years ago for $5.00. I've used it back then to do squats. For the workouts, I've mostly used my 8lb weights.

I've done other workouts that don't require you to go higher than 5lbs and believe me 3lb dumbbells can make your arms burn.

I bought my ball at Walmart. It's a Gold Gym's ball. I'm 5ft 1" and the ball for my height is 55cm, but I've bought a 65cm ball, because it was $8.00 cheaper than the 55cm ball and they both were Gold Gym balls, but recently, when I've gone to Walmart, I've seen the 55cm ball for $8.99.

I think you will like the workouts. Just believe in yourself and God. Go at your own pace, don't try to keep up with the exercisers in the video. Most of the reps runs between 8 to 12 reps, if you get to 8 and they are finished at 12, then let 8 be your number. It has been my number many times, I have even gotten up to 10 and they finished at 12.

Always work a workout and never let a workout work you.