Which of your irrational fears would you ditch?

Options
MissO﹠A
MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
Do you have a paralyzing fear of something? Wish you didn't?

I mean, I think I'm quite justified in fearing this because, well... I mean... just LOOK at it:

house-centipede.jpg

My friends, that thing is the living embodiment of evil. House Centipedes. Dude. Total mind-f***. Spiders, which I also shiver at the sight of, pale in comparison to the mighty House Centipede. If I could be in the room with a dead one without my heart racing, it would be a vast improvement.

Replies

• cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    lol love it...
    You mean you are actually afraid of SOMETHING? wow... :) You are human after all :P

My irrational fears are boring lol mine are based on self-image so I'm hoping they go away as my body image becomes better LOL
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    WHY WOULD YOU POST A PICTURE OF A CENTIPEDE OH M Y GOD YOURE EVIL
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    yea, creepy things creep me out...lol

Totally justified.

Um, mine are more along the lines of failing my kids

that kind of stuff. My brain could due without it, for sure
  • MissO﹠A
    Options

Makes you scroll down real quick like, eh?
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I have loads of more important fears that i don't feel are irrational but one that i know totally is

MICE I am scared to death of a damn mouse.....:embarassed:
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Spiders....def. spiders!! Creepy lil f*ckers
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options

Makes you scroll down real quick like, eh?

NO kidding! EEK!!!

I'm horribly scared of heights. And more seriously, I'm afraid my son will stop loving me someday.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    This lived outside of my basement sliding glass door for about 2 months. I basically didn't use that door all of last summer lol. Although I did watch him almost every night from the safety of my house. I even have videos lol.

IMAG0055-1.jpg
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Thank fully we don't get scary looking creatures like that in the UK.

I have a severe phobia of electricity...static is the worst but it's turned into an obsessive compulsive thing

I can't walk around a supermarket without tapping the side of the trolley several times, I can't close a car door with my hands...must always use my handbag! I tap anything metal everytime I pass and wont sit on rattan furniture. I can't kiss my fiance in the supermarket without touching his face first (we had a massive shock between us in Asda and a huge spark went from his nose to mine).

I bet people think we're really romantic because I'm touching his face before a peck on the lips...but I'm making sure there's no static there! :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    Get a cat. No more bugs.

I fear speaking in public. Though you can't shut me up any other time.
  • rdaraz
    rdaraz Posts: 103
    Options
    heights!! :/
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of the dark. Why yes, I'm a grown woman in her 30s. :blushing:

admit-it.jpg
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    fPZ7b.jpg

Enough said
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    ah stop posting pictures of your fears lol...I'm afraid of thunder storms...not crying and under my bed scared, more like overly anxious and paranoid. I also hate BIG spiders, going fast in any direction, and scary movies...I could ditch any one of those, I wish I was more spirited, but I'm the most comfortable curled up with a book.
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have a severe phobia of DRIVING over or across bridges...I literally cannot do it. (Funny thing is I grew up on an island and crossed large bridges everyday!) I panic and scream and will stop the car. I am able to be DRIVEN across bridges as a passenger. But if they are really scary ones I get nervous. It is an awful phobia and now it makes me nervous to travel on HWYS because I am always afraid that I will come across a river or a bridge I didnt know was there. I use google earth and google images a lot to check out bridges on routes I am planning on taking.

IT SUCKS.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I have this irrational fear of tape measures. I keep imagining a very specific accident -- tape measure snaps back into the casing in front of my face, and on its way home, cuts my eyes. This fear isn't very strong (I can use tape measures without getting scared), but it's odd how specific it is.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I also have a weird fear of having my Achilles tendon severed.
  • MissO﹠A
    Options
    I also have a weird fear of having my Achilles tendon severed.

Hello Pet Sematary Buddy. *shivers* I don't even like being touched on my Achilles heel.

Reading this thread has made me realize I need to seek professional help.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list for spiders, especially the furry jumping ones. They move so fast. Ugh.

Also, I can't stand to drive behind semis that are hauling pipes or logs, or really anything that's strapped down with chains and looks like it could roll off and crush your car.