Which of your irrational fears would you ditch?

Options

Replies

• doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Well here is the short list...

Snakes- and we have big ones by my house.....

Public Restrooms- people are gross in general so I roll in hand sanitizer when I leave one.

Buffets- again people are gross.................... I once saw a guy using his USED fork in the mashed potatoes... AFTER he licked it clean....

Failure- and this my friends is why am a perfectionist!

Oh and wth ever is in some of the pictures on this post- ewwww
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Fear of clowns is NOT an irrational fear.

poltergeist-clown-3.jpg
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I am afraid of water that is over my head....almost drowned as a kid. Never dived off a diving board.....hate the movie "the Perfect Storm" where they are stuck in the boat with like a couple of inches of water to breathe....my worst nightmare!

I also will not peel any thing with a paring knife.....too afraid it will slip and I will chop off a finger. I will eat the skin on any fruit/vegetable!! (more fiber anyway)
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    camel_spider.jpg

OMG!!!! Those are huge!!!! Can't imagine coming face-to-face with one of those!! I'm afraid of tiny little spiders!

Yeah! they are called Camel spiders and have been sighted and known to get up to 2 feet in diameter. AHHHHHH! YEESH!

Leave it to guys to play with that thing instead of just shooting it.

:laugh::sick: :laugh::noway: :laugh: :noway: :frown: that is so true. and that is why my husband is on critter control in our house!
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    DARKNESS and bugs (any kind of bug/insect specially cockroaches)

Yes. Roaches. In Texas they are big. And they often fly. (feeling all creepy crawly on my skin just typing that).

I am also scared of tornadoes -- when we have a big storm I am glued to the weather channel, just to be sure we aren't under a warning of any sort. However, someone told me the other day that this fear was quite rational.
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I join the ranks of people who are afraid of spiders....& also the dark ....I've almost gotten over my fear of the dark while going camping....but not the spiders...they freak me out .....I also don't like opossums ....they look like giant rats & where I live I see them a lot O_O
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    I'm scared of the dark. Why yes, I'm a grown woman in her 30s. :blushing:

admit-it.jpg

OMG I spit all over myself at this... I acctually live in a basement... so i have no fear... of this one anyway... but many a times i have hit the lights & run!!! i

i also used to fear standing by the side of my bed in the dark that something could grab me from underneath... and when i was a kid I feared the dark of my house, i still think that house had spirits or somthing... it was creep city...

one other fear is giant cockroaches... if i see one it must die... if i miss i'm sure it's gonna bite me in my sleep... if it's too far away and i think i might miss... i leave it alone for that very reason... we look at each other, assume the mutual respect and it leaves me be... i also never let a giant cockroach see me kill another cockroach... as I'm sure this is his buddy and also a good reason to come crawling in my bed & bite me. yes i'm effen serious... i've been bit by them, i've had them violently come flying at my face... UGH!!! These are hateful critters and smarter than ppl would think...

is it irrational??? did i mention i've had them fly at my face???
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I am cringing at the camel spider...STOP QUOTING THE PIC!!!! I'm crying on the inside of my face...which is frozen with the look of dropping a butt loaf being caught mid-turtlehead. :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:
  • kmart20
    kmart20 Posts: 72
    Options
    SNAKES...totally freaked out by them, when I was little my neighbor friend was showing me a little garter snake, like 2 inches from my face and it had its mouth open like it was going to bite me, man did I run home crying...I can handle frogs and lizards but snakes just creep me out...I think is also has to do with them always sneaking up on you and catch you off guard.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    i also used to fear standing by the side of my bed in the dark that something could grab me from underneath...

When I turn the lights off to crawl into bed, I have to jump, rather than take the last couple of steps because my toes will be eaten by what's under the bed.
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    after seeing that pic of the camel spider... i def have a new fear... that last time i got the shakes in my legs.... just lookng at it!!! OMG. plz stop quoting that pic!

The fear I want to ditch tho... that is the fear of jumping. yes yes... now this is irrational... i don't jump to shoot hoops, or jumping jacks, or over things, or jump rope, i don't jump in the pool.. i don't jump off diving boards... nothing... if both feet come off the ground at the same time... i feel panic... this might have something to do with jumping off a 12 foot diving board being one of the most frightening situations of my life, falling out of trees, and once off a building that me & some kids had climbed to the roof off... or it could be that it really hurts for my boobs to bounce around from the impact ;-)

idk... idc... i just want at least one foot on the ground...
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    OMG, I am totally freaked out about everything right now! Ughh...my day was going so well....:frown:
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Get a cat. No more bugs.

I fear speaking in public. Though you can't shut me up any other time.

I have two cats and still have centipedes... I swear those thing look right at me and start gunning for me.
  • lesliekae
    lesliekae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    camel_spider.jpg

These suckers are why I will never EVER visit the middle east... along with everything else in the middle east. lol haha

I am also afraid of being alone in the house by myself at night... if I hear the slightest noise, it about brings me to tears I am so terrified.

I am HORRIFIED! WTF are those things?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I worry about these. They grow big enough to eat birds.

wTxnV.jpg
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Heights and now can definitely add those man-eating spiders to the list....geeeezzzzz!!!

We won't go into the self-image issues....that might require a cocktail. :drinker:
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    camel_spider.jpg

These suckers are why I will never EVER visit the middle east... along with everything else in the middle east. lol haha

I am also afraid of being alone in the house by myself at night... if I hear the slightest noise, it about brings me to tears I am so terrified.

What the hell is that thing? It looks like something out of a horror movie!!!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Alligators or crocodiles...........even PICTURES of them freak me out. My kids love to get me with alligator stuff. :noway:

BTW--those f-ing house centipedes are all over my office! AAAAGHHH!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    buhuhuhhuhh..... earwigs scare the s%#^ out of me!!!!

EarwigAdult1.jpg
  • lesliekae
    lesliekae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This *kitten* gives me the heebee jeebees. I can't come back to this post.