Which of your irrational fears would you ditch?

Options

Replies

• AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I must admit the pictrues I have seen in here I have shrugged at ..... sooooo I had to go fidn one that actually turns my stomach:

paper_wasp_full.jpg

I am sure that my allergy has a lot to do with it, knowing what one sting can do to me, but YEAH I would give this one up if I were able. :embarassed:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    DARKNESS and bugs (any kind of bug/insect specially cockroaches)
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I have an irrational fear of rounding the bases and finding a man on third. hasn't happened yet, but still freaks me out when I being to date someone new. (how is that for irrational)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I also have a weird fear of having my Achilles tendon severed.

Hello Pet Sematary Buddy. *shivers* I don't even like being touched on my Achilles heel.

Reading this thread has made me realize I need to seek professional help.
    The razor blade across the Achilles tendon and the one across the mouth seriously gave me shivers.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    PUBLIC RESTROOMS!!! Have you ever seen the commercial for hand sanitizer where everything looks like its covered in bacteria? Well, thats how I view every public restroom. My fear got the worst of me when I was younger. One time, on the way home from a long driving trip i had to go to the restroom. I KNEW that the drive home was 2 hours but I wouldn't go at a rest stop...i just couldn't! I was freaked out so much that I held it. When we finally got home, I ran into the bathroom like my life depended on it.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    camel_spider.jpg

These suckers are why I will never EVER visit the middle east... along with everything else in the middle east. lol haha

I am also afraid of being alone in the house by myself at night... if I hear the slightest noise, it about brings me to tears I am so terrified.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Do you have a paralyzing fear of something? Wish you didn't?

I mean, I think I'm quite justified in fearing this because, well... I mean... just LOOK at it:

house-centipede.jpg

OH MERCY!! That sends shivers up my spine!
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Ninja's. i can't go into a dark room with out this crippling fear.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    scorpions. they freak me out...and i am cool as a cucumber
  • binary_jester
    Options
    PUBLIC RESTROOMS!!! Have you ever seen the commercial for hand sanitizer where everything looks like its covered in bacteria? Well, thats how I view every public restroom. My fear got the worst of me when I was younger. One time, on the way home from a long driving trip i had to go to the restroom. I KNEW that the drive home was 2 hours but I wouldn't go at a rest stop...i just couldn't! I was freaked out so much that I held it. When we finally got home, I ran into the bathroom like my life depended on it.
    A study showed that there was more fecal matter on theater seats than there was in public restrooms.
    Reason...restrooms (except bar restrooms) get cleaned. Those seats do not.

Just sayin'. Wanna go to a movie?
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    A study showed that there was more fecal matter on theater seats than there was in public restrooms.

GREEEEAAAATTTTT!!! Something else to fear.
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    camel_spider.jpg

OMG!!!! Those are huge!!!! Can't imagine coming face-to-face with one of those!! I'm afraid of tiny little spiders!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    camel_spider.jpg

OMG!!!! Those are huge!!!! Can't imagine coming face-to-face with one of those!! I'm afraid of tiny little spiders!

Yeah! they are called Camel spiders and have been sighted and known to get up to 2 feet in diameter. AHHHHHH! YEESH!
  • binary_jester
    Options

GREEEEAAAATTTTT!!! Something else to fear.
    Going out to a movie with me...ouch. Hey, maybe I can have a phobia named after me. woot2.gif
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Ninja's. i can't go into a dark room with out this crippling fear.
    Time to learn some ninjutsu and conquer your fear!
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    I will gladly give up ALL of my irrational fears. However, I don't consider having a proper depth perception, or caution around things that pose an imminent threat, to be problems.

Given that , I have to say that clowns creap me out.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    camel_spider.jpg

I got lightheaded when I saw this pic... :indifferent:
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    camel_spider.jpg

Yeah! they are called Camel spiders and have been sighted and known to get up to 2 feet in diameter. AHHHHHH! YEESH!

Leave it to guys to play with that thing instead of just shooting it.
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    camel_spider.jpg

These suckers are why I will never EVER visit the middle east... along with everything else in the middle east. lol haha

I am also afraid of being alone in the house by myself at night... if I hear the slightest noise, it about brings me to tears I am so terrified.

Whoa!!! Wth is that!!! I don't even know what it is but it looks scary enough to me