Which of your irrational fears would you ditch?

Options

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    This *kitten* gives me the heebee jeebees. I can't come back to this post.
    But you know you will come back
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    I also have a weird fear of having my Achilles tendon severed.

Hello Pet Sematary Buddy. *shivers* I don't even like being touched on my Achilles heel.

Reading this thread has made me realize I need to seek professional help.
    The razor blade across the Achilles tendon and the one across the mouth seriously gave me shivers.

glad someone understands... i was almost over this childhood fear of what's under the bed till i saw that movie... and one more thing just to reiterate that cockroach fear is NOT irrational... lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6qANu7d7JzC9Tn4yRHkEuolb2BpBk5T1rHmCaIbisuKBHGCdQ

tell me that thing's not looking at you?

earwigs too... omg... i gotta get away from this post before i realize i'm scared of everything LOL
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    camel_spider.jpg

These suckers are why I will never EVER visit the middle east... along with everything else in the middle east. lol haha

I am also afraid of being alone in the house by myself at night... if I hear the slightest noise, it about brings me to tears I am so terrified.

What the hell is that thing? It looks like something out of a horror movie!!!

It is two camel spiders hooked together I think.. I don't think it is Just one. But they are HUGE! like 12-24 inches long/
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    want to talk irrational fears?? i am afraid of the PHONE. seriously.

I can't call people, i can't pick up phone numbers I don't know... and if I have to call them BACK it gives me so much anxiety that i need to lie on the floor in the fetal position. no joke. it seriously hinders my life! I try to make scripts, and i rehearse like crazy. I can't make my own appointments or even order a pizza!! I'm even afraid to call family members or close friends unless it is their direct cell phone number.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I will not do buffet’s. I saw a kid sneeze while at one once and he was not tall enough for the glass protection shield. So saw the spray go all over the food in front of him. I was in line next – well needless to say I went back to my seat and ordered off the menu. I have not eaten from a buffet since.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have a terrible problem with needles. Injections, inoculations, blood draws, even a TB skin test is an experience for which I must be sedated.

Piercing and tattoos are in a totally separate category in my mind, and neither of those scare me like medical/dental procedures requiring needles do.
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Bees/hornets/etc!! I have NEVER gotten stung before, but if you put anything with a stinger near me I will run away! I cried in class in high school because my teacher wouldn't let me leave the room with a bee in it and I was so scared! It makes summer way less fun and I LOVE to be outside... as long as I don't see any!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    deep ocean... yep - like a perfect storm ocean, or getting lost at sea like that movie with the honeymooning couple who get forgotten while scuba diving. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc7-biVJlJQ

While I'd probably scream like a child looking at one of those camel spiders, I wouldn't be afraid to stomp it - although I read they like to leap up (onto the camels belly to feed...)
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

Pet Cemetery?
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Get a cat. No more bugs.

I fear speaking in public. Though you can't shut me up any other time.

I have two cats and still have centipedes... I swear those thing look right at me and start gunning for me.

I was actually told that house centipedes are a sign of another problem. They like to eat fleas, spiders, water bugs, roaches, flys, termites .... yum right? So clear out their food source and they will also leave.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Get a cat. No more bugs.

My cat leaves them without any legs and curled up backwards; as if he tied a thread to the head and tail and pulled up on the thread in the middle. I appreciate his efforts, but I think he needs a therapist.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options

Ouch
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Mine is easily avoidable.....I have a fear of underground parking garages....I can't drive in them, if someone else is driving have to close my eyes til the car stops and then dash for the elevator and get out of there as quick as possible....no reason really just iirational!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    All my fears are totally rational. Dying, being decapitated, anything involving razors, blood, roads/water and my children.

I think the centipede is rather cute. I hate Daddy Long legs, but it's not a fear, I just don't like them.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Get a cat. No more bugs.

I have two cats and still have centipedes... I swear those thing look right at me and start gunning for me.

I was actually told that house centipedes are a sign of another problem. They like to eat fleas, spiders, water bugs, roaches, flys, termites .... yum right? So clear out their food source and they will also leave.

Oh forgot about the fear of waterbugs that explains it...

Too Kill a Waterbug.... Watch for it paperback, coming soon...
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    mine is long distance driving. Semi's scare the crap out of me bends in the highway if a car is near me or a semi and cliffs. although i think it is rational my hubby has been tempted to duct tape me and give me valum (sp?).
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Scentlessapprentice Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Butterflies because they are the work of the Devil. Just evil and vile and anyone who likes them is just plain weird!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Im scared of driving over bridges. An extremely small part of why I dont drive.
    If Im in the car with someone and we go over a particularly old bridge I will start babbling like a maniac and staring at the other end until I see we're where the road meets the ground again.
    It's worse when it's over water, too
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahaha! "We have nothing to fear but fear itself!" ... and spiders... and zombies... (stupid zombies!)
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add elevators. I just do not like elevators. I'm not claustrophobic, but the thought of being stuck in one for a long period of time gives me a panic attack lol.