30 Day Shred - Starting Around June 13th

Options

Replies

• bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    How many pounds or inches do you expect/wish you will have lost once you are done with the shred? I would LOVE to be 130 when I'm done, now that's 8.8 lbs from today, a bit ambitious I know. Has anyone in here already completed the whole program? if so, how much did you lose?

My first goal is to get out of the 130's I have been working for 2.5 months and have only gone down just over 6 pounds and have another 3 to go. My ultimate goal is to hit 125 (8 pounds) though and I am not sure I can accomplish that in just 1 month though.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    So finished D2L1 last night and boy it was hard!!1 I mean it is getting easier endurance wise, but my muscles feel on fire the whole time!! I did have to take a 5 sec break during the 2nd round of the jump rope because I had had a charlie horse in my right leg the night before from all of it and I felt like it was trying to come back... Anyway I managed to finish and it seemed like I was sweating more last night than any of the other times I have completed it... maybe thats do to me actually doing it two days in a row instead of taking a day inbetween?

@ dawnrenee567: Don't worry about it, so you took a day to rest from it, but you still kicked butt by completing all the other excercises you did yesterday!! Don't beat yourself up and jump back in tonight. Good luck :bigsmile:
  • mormas
    mormas Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    L1D3 completed, seemed harder today than yesterday, but it's over... (until tomorrow).
    Thighs hurt and knees ache, off to havea soak in the bath.

Keep up the good work all!
  • beckiboo
    beckiboo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    L1D3 done!

Not as tough as yesterday - I managed around 19 girly pushups instead of 4 and managed the whole 1st set of side lunge ones without having a rest.
  • Floricienta
    Floricienta Posts: 209
    Options
    How many pounds or inches do you expect/wish you will have lost once you are done with the shred? I would LOVE to be 130 when I'm done, now that's 8.8 lbs from today, a bit ambitious I know. Has anyone in here already completed the whole program? if so, how much did you lose?

My first goal is to get out of the 130's I have been working for 2.5 months and have only gone down just over 6 pounds and have another 3 to go. My ultimate goal is to hit 125 (8 pounds) though and I am not sure I can accomplish that in just 1 month though.

I know 8 lbs sounds a little to good to be true in just one month *sigh* but I'm hoping to get as close to 130 as I can during the first round of the shred. After I'm done I'm planning to mix it around and do perhaps level 1 & 2 on some days or 3&1, for 10 days and see how it goes.
  • Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D3. I had to push myself to do it tonight after a strenuous bike ride earlier this morning but I made it through! I'm not as sore today as I expected. I woke up feeling a bit stiff but as the day progressed it disappeared. Looking forward to tomorrow :) (I know...I'm crazy lol).
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I was a little worried about making progress today since a nasty thunderstorm woke me up at 3:30am and I couldn't fall asleep again....HOWEVER...day 3 done here, too, along with second run for week one of C25K. So far so good! (I may go to bed at like 8 tonight, but still.)
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Level 1 complete - I really struggle with those bicycle curls (or whatever they are called), the last set of abs.

Anyway leg holding up and no other aches. So far so good.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of level 1 (and level 2) done! Rest day yesterday as had zumba. Week 6 of c25k tomorrow if weather holds!

Hope everyone is getting on well. Id like to tone up a bit more and stay within my maintainance range.ive stuck to doing the shred more this time around then wheni made a half hearted attempt in feb! Thank you all for inspiring me! Come on ladies, we can do this!!!!
  • liza8888
    liza8888 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    D3 L1 completed! Did it at night this time but usually do it at 5:30 in the morning. Will be interested to see how I feel tomorrow morning when I do it again! You guys are keeping me going with this - thanks! Today was the first day I did the side lunges with both arms going up - tough but I made it through. 27 days to go :)

"If you feel like you're going to die, follow Lydia" - love that quote (though not sure if I got the girls name right)

Anyone notice that the expert girl stops doing the front lunges when Jillian moves to the other girl - she's cheating! :)
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Anyone notice that the expert girl stops doing the front lunges when Jillian moves to the other girl - she's cheating! :)

Never noticed!! Probably because I'm too busy yelling a few choice words at Jillian... nice catch though! Makes me feel better that even the assistants can't do it! haha

I'm about to start doing the workout while its on mute and just playing my own music...the same audio everyday is starting to irritate me! "...I'M NOT F****** PHONING IT IN JILLIAN!!"
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    L1D2 complete.. it's the damn sit up's, bicycles that get me (it's tough moving these big ol' legs lol). My arms must be in fairly decent shape from my work at the gym, because they are no problem at all. I could probably go to the 5 lbs, but want to give this a full week first. :)
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    D3 L1 completed! Did it at night this time but usually do it at 5:30 in the morning. Will be interested to see how I feel tomorrow morning when I do it again! You guys are keeping me going with this - thanks! Today was the first day I did the side lunges with both arms going up - tough but I made it through. 27 days to go :)

"If you feel like you're going to die, follow Lydia" - love that quote (though not sure if I got the girls name right)

Hahah Anita is her name and the "expert" is Natalie. I didn't catch that though! No way! I'll keep a close eye on her tomorrow!
    We've got this! Those side lunges are terrible!

I don't understand the term "phone it in" as in you don't do any of the work or like use excuses?
  • MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options

Yes! I caught her the first day through and totally wanted to call her out, haha.

I'm not sure if its my DVD player's lack of options, or just the way it is, but the intro is so long at the beginning and it doesn't let me fast forward through it, or chapter select over it. I wanted to do some other DVDs along with this, but have just left the 30DS in my player on 'play' just so I won't have to wait for the workout selector to load. Yeah, I'm that impatient, lol.

I also have to say that I have a paper with the numbers 1-30 written out and I take so much satisfaction in picking up my sharpie and crossing out another number on the countdown, haha ;)
  • Ohiopugmom
    Ohiopugmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    L1D5 done. My tummy felt tighter this morning so I am happy!
    Thanks to the accountability of this thread I pushed through despite a sinus infection from hell.....
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yes! I caught her the first day through and totally wanted to call her out, haha.

I'm not sure if its my DVD player's lack of options, or just the way it is, but the intro is so long at the beginning and it doesn't let me fast forward through it, or chapter select over it. I wanted to do some other DVDs along with this, but have just left the 30DS in my player on 'play' just so I won't have to wait for the workout selector to load. Yeah, I'm that impatient, lol.

I also have to say that I have a paper with the numbers 1-30 written out and I take so much satisfaction in picking up my sharpie and crossing out another number on the countdown, haha ;)

I can't fast forward through the intro either.. it's not just you!

Oooh! I am kinda doing that too! I out an "x" through my wall calendar! It helps me so I don't lose track of the days and keeps me motivated to get to the end of the 30 days!
  • rs2361
    rs2361 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    D1L1 completed!
  • Ohiopugmom
    Ohiopugmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I can't stand not being able to fast forward. I can get through the commercial type thing, but not the rest.....

I am working out in my basement, so it gives me the right amount of time to switch laundry to the dryer and get a new load in :)
  • bergebl03
    bergebl03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    just finished D3L1 and feel great that I was able to finish. Pushups were much easier today, and squats and lunges were good. Those side lunges are just weird though and I have yet to really get them right but I'll keep trying.
  • BeachBride2011
    Options
    Hey! Im new to MFP. Im getting married in Sept. so I am trying to lose some wait and tone up. I have tried the 30Ds before and got about 15 days in. But now I am restarting it, I just finished day 6 L1 and would love to join this group for some extra support and motivation! Those side lunges at the end are the worst but I can feel my arms getting stronger already!! Good luck everyone.