30 Day Shred - Starting Around June 13th

Options
Hey MFPers!

I know there are several 30DS threads already, but I'm looking for some people that are willing to give it a try with me. I'll be starting on Monday June 13th, and I'd love for some people to join me on this little challenge, because its easier for me to stick with something if I have some motivation behind my drive and know that other people are there to help push me to keep going.

If you're already a couple days in or you want to start within the next week, please feel free to write in this thread!

I'm going to Target tomorrow to get either 3lb or 5lb weights and a measure tape, I might even treat myself to a nice, new, and colorful sports bra!

I'm really excited, I got my copy of the DVD from Netflix and I can't wait to try it out! I know I should be a little nervous because of how much of a challenge it will be, but I know from observing progress pictures, that I might be in luck and shed a few of these pesky inches off my body!

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    Well you know I'm in (=
  • bbahmer377
    bbahmer377 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm on day three of 30DS so I'd love to join you!

Haha and I got my DVD from Netflix too! I knew I'd like it, but wasn't sure if I'd still want it after 30 days, so I ordered it off there. lol
  • GemUK84
    GemUK84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for mine to arrive in the post, UK mail isnt the most reliable but it arrives early next week im in :-)
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I need to restart it
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I JUST pulled this out of my DVD stash and I planned on starting Monday too! I am definitely in :wink:
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I bought mine online today so as soon as it arrives I'm in too, hopefully early next week.
  • rs2361
    rs2361 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting to get mine in the mail, but I'm in!
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 6 today . . . so I might be able to help motivate - cuz if I can finish 6 days without any doubts about doing it again tomorrow - that gives you at least a week minimum!!!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Great! Im even more excited now!! :)
  • LivisMommy10
    LivisMommy10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in too...my copy should be here by Tuesday. Do you all plan on doing the video every day, every other, etc?
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    Count me in, I'm on day one today.
  • BeautyFromWithin
    Options
    I'm in too...my copy should be here by Tuesday. Do you all plan on doing the video every day, every other, etc?

I heard that in order to maximize your results you have to do it EVERY day!
  • ladybug2020
    ladybug2020 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Friday should've been my day 4 but I didn't get to it so I did it today and it seemed a little harder than on Wednesday eventho I was sore then so YES if at all possible do it everyday. I am going to try not to miss again :smile:
  • vibegirl
    vibegirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ok this sounds right up my alley! just going to purchase this weekend...Love the idea of targeting various muscle groups and working up a sweat
  • jjmill
    jjmill Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP but just bought the 30 Day Shred video and weights today at Target. Starting on Monday sounds perfect. I'd been planning on just going it solo, but doing it with a group sounds fun!
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine on Thursday and got order confirmation this morning but while I wait for it I found it on my ondemand database.

I wanted to start it last Friday morning but I slept in and as I look at my calendar I realize that if I started it tomorrow morning I would be leaving for vacation on day 27. any suggestions? Should I start it anyway? And I've been doing a bootcamp, can I skip 30 ds on bootcamp days or should I do it in addition to bc? Bc workouts are so tough I don't know if I could make it through both in one day. :sick:
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I begin day 5 but I'd like to join this group, need all the support and motivation I can get. :)

To get to the results I've seen on this site does it all just come from 30ds or is it only by mixing in other exercise? All I've noticed recently is sore, firmer muscles under all the fat lol.
    Can't wait for measuring/weighing day.
  • BeautyFromWithin
    Options
    I just ordered mine on Thursday and got order confirmation this morning but while I wait for it I found it on my ondemand database.

I wanted to start it last Friday morning but I slept in and as I look at my calendar I realize that if I started it tomorrow morning I would be leaving for vacation on day 27. any suggestions? Should I start it anyway? And I've been doing a bootcamp, can I skip 30 ds on bootcamp days or should I do it in addition to bc? Bc workouts are so tough I don't know if I could make it through both in one day. :sick:

I think you should start it! How long is your vacation? I know that I'm going to be away for the 4th of July weekend, but I still plan on doing it.. I might just fall 3ish days behind. It's up to you about the bootcamp issue... I wouldn't skip 30DS unless you have to, and this might answer Serene7193's question a little, but from my research reading around on the message boards, most people continue doing their usual cardio workouts while doing the shred, so I'm going to try and get a daily run or jog in as well. I heard that if you do cardio/go to the gym it helps with the soreness the first couple of days!

I think I'll pop a few advils before starting too! HAHAHA!
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    I'd love to join! I did 30ds last summer, but gave up after day 10. I am determined to get all the way through it this time :)
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I just got it today. But probably will start it sometime next week :) so I'm in