30 Day Shred - Starting Around June 13th

Options

Replies

• 2ht2hand1e
    2ht2hand1e Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am in starting tomorrow 6/14. ! I will do it 6 days a week. i will start at level 2 with 5 lb weights. Here we go!! :tongue:
  • gentryglenn
    gentryglenn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want in
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi

I do mine in the evenings when littleperson has gone to bed. I did Day 1 yesterday and it wasn't so bad. I'm using 1kg weights because I'm a bit of a light-weight but I don't want muscles I just want to be toned.

I don't ache today but last time I did 11 days before having to stop due to a bad running injury so I'd got to Level 2 (which was a killer).

Anyway starting measurements for me were

Weight 131
    Neck 14
    Bust 34
    Waist Above 32.5
    Waist Below 34
    Hips 36
    Thigh (avg) 20.5
    Upper Arm (avg) 10

Good luck everyone :flowerforyou:
  • beckiboo
    beckiboo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well I don't feel too sore today, which has worried me. Maybe I'll push myself a little bit harder tonight.

Does anyone else worry that they aren't doing the exercises right? I'm rubbish at lunges - especially the side ones, it's like my legs wont do what I want them to. I have to really focus on not letting my knee go over my toes, I also don't think I do ab crunches properly...

I forgot to post my stats:

Weight: 146.5lb
    Under bust: 32.5
    Natural waist: 29
    Belly button: 32.5
    Hips: 41
    Thighs: 24.5
    Bicep: 11.25
    Naval body fact: 30.7%
  • daisyamber
    daisyamber Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Got in Day 1! I'm pushing myself, but trying not to over exert - I'm training for a half marathon and still need my legs to get me through running about 15 miles a week (plus walking the dog a few days of the week)!

Anyone else HATE those sideways lunges at the end? They feel so awkward!
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Still waiting on my dvd arriving in the post, I checked the order and it was posted on Sunday so hopefully it will arrive in the next day or so. I can't wait to get started with you all - I'm super motivated just now and I want my DVD!
  • tahitianapple
    Options
    I'm in, I've ordered mine from Amazon over the weekend. It should be here by Friday. I need the motivation.
  • PDC72601
    PDC72601 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    L1 D2 Complete. Started out tough because I was sore from yesterday, but finished strong. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • beckiboo
    beckiboo Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Anyone else HATE those sideways lunges at the end? They feel so awkward!

I had to literally grunt 'eeeuugghhhhh' as I was lifting the weights up towards the end. It was really tough!

Starting to feel more and more sore as the day progresses....
  • perfectlystill
    Options
    L1D2 done! I was already sore from yesterday and i started feeling the burn from the first 20 seconds of circut 1 to the very end. I struggled through and finished it (it wasn't particlarly pretty... i stopped to drink a few times), then imediately went out for a two mile walk. My legs are sore as hell, and i'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get out of bed to walk tomorrow...
  • Ohiopugmom
    Ohiopugmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    L1D4 done. A little extra challenging today as I usually do the video after the kids are in bed. I have tennis tonight so I wanted to get it in during the day. Probably got about 90% in between solving issues between the kiddos. It was kind of funny watching the 2 year old try to do the exercises though!

Still feeling it.. The ab stuff is getting easier for sure!
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    just tried and managed to complete the first day, the push ups made me want to die though! i have literally no upper body strength apparently...
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So. Incredibly. Sore.

I don't know how I'm going to manage day 2!! I'm thinking I'll try to walk out the soreness in my legs for 30 minutes before I try 30DS today. My arms will just have to suffer. Have to try though! Wowza...ouchie.
  • emmacummin
    emmacummin Posts: 23
    Options
    It's day 3 for me today, but I've not been able to stick the dvd in yet ... I can't bend down to put it in!! OOOOOOWWWWW!!
  • Jules429
    Jules429 Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm in, ill start it today! Are u doing it everyday for 30days?
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Well I did Level 1 every other day this last week, so hopefully now I am ok enough to actually start doing everyday and really start my 30 days! :happy: I did L1D1(like I said I feel I am now ready to start the 30 days so I started my count with last nights workout) last night and noticed a serious improvement in my ability to do all of it, especially the push ups so don't worry it gets easier!! I am still doing the modified push ups but I am able to keep up with the girls on the video now!! Lol hopefully I will keep going and look like them!!:wink: Good luck everyone!
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm in starting it today!
  • jamontagne
    jamontagne Posts: 115
    Options
    I just started the 30DS - today is day 3. And I am pleasantly surprised that 20ish mins can do so much! I feel tighter all over already.

My only question is - what do I put it as in my exercise diary? Calasthenics (spelling? lol)? I want to make sure I'm calculating my burned calories correctly. Considering I'm sweating and panting within 2 mins I'm guessing vigarous effort - :)
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Day one down!

This morning I weighed in at 133.6 and I am using my measurements from yesterday. Monday is normally my "official" weight and measurement day.

Arms: 10 x 2 = 20inches
    Upper abs: 26.5 inches
    Lower abs: 31.5 inches
    Hips: 35.75 inches
    Thighs: 20.5 x 2 = 41 inches
    Chest: 32 inches

Is anyone measuring their calves?

These pics are from around June 1st.
    1366170_6500.jpg1366170_9592.jpg