30 Day Shred - Starting Around June 13th

Options

Replies

• mormas
    mormas Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Day 6 and 7 completed (today and yesterday) of Leve 1.
  • MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    For the past 7 days all that I have done is 30DS. This morning I decided to go back to another circuit training DVD that I love using, and it gave me a huge burst of confidence. I was able to do some of the moves all the way through that I couldn't before. The long stretches began to seem short. She would start counting down and it didn't seem possible that it was already ending. If you haven't done this, I encourage you to. Try out some different moves that we aren't doing in the 30DS and I bet you'll find similar results. Hooray for more strength and endurance!! ;) Happy Shredding.
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    today is L1D4 :) didnt do it yesterday because it was my graduation :)
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    L1D7 is finished! I'm really anxious to check my measurements. I am going to check them after each level, so that is in 3 days, after day 10.. I will check my measurements! I am getting impatient waiting for day 10 though, that's how excited I am! My endurance has improved very much in the past week! I did 10 real pushups today, but they need to be improved a lot as I could only get my body to lower a certain degree! I'll keep trying. I was working through a back ache today from yesterday, but I found that it surprisingly wasn't too bad! Those dang side lunges though.. they get me every time! I can do them all now, but they are still nuisances!

I found that today was the first day I was actually annoyed at Jillian.. People have mentioned it before, but I've never had a problem with her voice or whatever it is that bothers people about her.. However, I think I just felt like punching her today because it's been 7 days of the same level and I have every word she says practically memorized! HAHA!

I am sweating buckets still though it is getting easier and I was flailing my arms doing jump rope and two miracles happened. The fat in my stomach didn't slap up and down (TMI I know.. sorry, but it was a NSV!) as much and also my twin sister was eating in the kitchen and I guess watching me working out and she yells something at me, but through my grunts and groans I couldn't hear her so I panted back to her and asked what.. after a few more repeats she told me, "You're looking really skinny". :) Happy Day! Motivation for sure!

Good luck today everyone, I'm so proud of you guys sticking with this, it keeps me going!
  • maisiemum
    maisiemum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    oooh can i join you... im on day 3 today of level 1. Loving it! Hoping to get rid of this baby belly once and for all, my baby is 4 months old now so no more excuses!!! x
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Missed yesterday UGH did D8L1 today and burned 242 calories.Thinking about making up yesterday tonight.I am suppost to start Level 2 tomorrow.
  • kateminx
    kateminx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 2 in the bag - a little achey at first but ok! Started feeling it on the butt kicks but ended feeling very bouncy! Not suffering too much, but have decided to stay on level 1 for the full 10 days as the push ups are really killing me!
  • bergebl03
    bergebl03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I know I missed yesterday too, supposed to be day 6 for me yesterday, im thinking of doubling up one day too, to make up for it..dont you just hate when you miss a day
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Seven days down, 23 to go!

I made the mistake of doing my C25K run before the shred today (though I usually do it after)...yowza that makes those side lunges harder! Just a few more days until we move up to level 2, good times!
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options

I made the mistake of doing my C25K run before the shred today (though I usually do it after)...yowza that makes those side lunges harder! Just a few more days until we move up to level 2, good times!

That's funny...I always do my run then do the shred...I thought I wouldn't be able to get through the run if I did the shred first!
  • Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just finished L1D6. Still sweating buckets but I'm finding it easier and easier. Looking forward to level 2 next week (although it is arguably the hardest of the 3 levels IMO). A change of pace and routine will definitely be nice :)
    I'm in! 6 weeks yesterday Until my wedding day and need to lose 3.5 lbs til target and tone up my bingo wings and stomach. Just done first session of 30 day shred. Went out and bought 2 1kg weights but looking on here and seeing that everyone else is using 2.5 kg + am worried mine are too light.

I use 3 lb weights (not kg) for some of the exercises (the squat and presses at the beginning and the side lunges at the end) and 5 lb weights for the rest of the strength moves. You should be ok with a 1kg weight (which is equivalent to about 2.2 lb) to begin with but you might want to move up as you progress through the days and grow stronger.

Happy shredding to all and have a great evening!
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options

That's funny...I always do my run then do the shred...I thought I wouldn't be able to get through the run if I did the shred first!

Well, to be fair, I'm on week 2 of a C25K program...so I'm only running for 90 seconds at a time, with brisk walking between running intervals (I despise running, so I'm trying to build my tolerance so 3 miles doesn't feel like death). Even after shredding, I can tough those 90-second bursts out because I know I'll be allowed to walk again soon...IMO it's so much harder to tough out JM's 20 minutes on tired legs ;-)
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Missed yesterday UGH did D8L1 today and burned 242 calories.Thinking about making up yesterday tonight.I am suppost to start Level 2 tomorrow.

Just out curiosity how are you tracking calories burned? I just got a hrm that says I'm only burninh 170 calories per 20 minute work out and I'm sweating bullets by the end of it! So frustrating, my bootcamp coach seems to think my calories burned look too low at the end of one of his sessions as well so now I'm really questioning the accuracy of this thing. So frustrated!
  • ArlVAMom
    ArlVAMom Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new. I am just starting the Shred - Day 2 Level 1. OMG I am so sore but I am going to try and stick with it!
  • aogundare
    aogundare Posts: 12
    Options
    L1D3 is done. It should be Day 4 but I missed yesterday. I am going to try and double up one day to get back on track. It is also day 4 for without soda for me. It is a hard road without my caffeine and soda but I'm making water my new favorite drink.
  • Jessicapages
    Options

Just out curiosity how are you tracking calories burned? I just got a hrm that says I'm only burninh 170 calories per 20 minute work out and I'm sweating bullets by the end of it! So frustrating, my bootcamp coach seems to think my calories burned look too low at the end of one of his sessions as well so now I'm really questioning the accuracy of this thing. So frustrated!

I have a HRM also i don't stop it till my heart rate is at 110.So I am going about 28 min,I am pushing myself HARD!!! I did Turbo Fire a couple of months ago so I just jump and push myself really hard.
  • bergebl03
    bergebl03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    D6L1 complete! I feel great knowing that my endurance is getting stronger and my body itself is getting alot stronger...im feeling confident about starting level 2 in 4 days
  • appleskye
    appleskye Posts: 54
    Options
    Had a rest day yesterday (planned!) so today was L1D6. I'm still finding the side lunges very hard but I think the others are becoming a little easier! My knee started shaking like crazy on the lunges/bicep curls which was a bit disconcerting but I think it was just because I went for quite a hard run today...
  • maisiemum
    maisiemum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 4 today....worried that im not aching at all...im doing the whole workout and not feeling any aches the next morning, are we all the same??? going to stick to it but think im going to go to the gym a few times a week as well as shredding x
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    level 1 day 4 today....worried that im not aching at all...im doing the whole workout and not feeling any aches the next morning, are we all the same??? going to stick to it but think im going to go to the gym a few times a week as well as shredding x

I am the same way.I haven't felt any pain or aches.I did Trubo Fire before I started this workout so I am thinking that TF helped me with that.Anyway I am still pushing play and doing it to see what results I will get.I have already lost inches:smile: