30 Day Shred - Starting Around June 13th

Options

Replies

• bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi, I hope I haven't found this thread/group too late. I also bega the 30DS June 13th. I am currently on D3L1. I love this workout. Its hard, and it gets me so irritated, and I yell at Jillian a lot, but I know its working! My workout today wasn't as horrible as the first 2, however I did slack with my weights a little today. But I hope I caught this in time.
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the term "phone it in" as in you don't do any of the work or like use excuses?

I think it means not working hard or giving up too easily or something. Not positive
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hope y'all don't mind if I join in on the fun!?
    I usually do my workout at night before bed. (currently helps me to sleep because it wears me out.. LOL)
    I did L1D1 yesterday, around 1 a.m. (trying to get back into it) :ohwell:
    I'll be doing L1D2 tonight, probably around 1 a.m. again. (SAHM & night owl, but hoping getting into an exercise plan will turn me around to being able to do a morning workout instead. I'm not a morning person by ANY means... LOL) :noway:
    I still have to take a "catch-your-breath break" here and there (mainly during the cardio), but am hoping to be able to eventually keep going from start to finish. :heart:

Current stats:
    CW: 214
    waist (at navel): 39"
    hips: 48"
    Rt. Arm: 14 3/4"
    Left Arm: 14 3/4"
    Rt Thigh: 28 1/2"
    Left Thigh: 28 1/2"

For now.. I would just love to get under 200 lbs again! LOL!!
    We rode jet skis over this past weekend, so Shredding on top of that was killer for my upper back, arms and shoulders. Especially with being sore after putting the jet skis through their paces! (I can really cut the water up with one, and I'm breathing hard when I stop for a minute!) We rode on Sunday, I gave my body a day to heal (Monday), then started up on 30 Day Shred Tuesday night (Wed. morning... LOL) I was still pretty sore in my shoulders and upper back on Tuesday, but Shredded anyway.
    So... I'm off to push play, and get in a late night workout. :flowerforyou:
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    still waiting for mine to arrive, but i'll try to jump in when it gets here.
  • beckiboo
    beckiboo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Not feeling as sore today, which I'm taking as a very good sign. I'm looking forward to D4L1 tonight! Although I've got a nasty cough at the moment and my lower abs ache so much when I cough

Anyone else a little bit annoyed that they aren't a skinny toned babe yet?! lol SOoooooooo impatient.....
  • liza8888
    liza8888 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    D4 L1 done!!! Got my friend to do it with me here at the gym at work so that made it more fun. Couldn't quite make it through all of the side lunges putting both arms up - had to switch to one arm at a time for a couple of reps.

I was thinking last night that I need a chart for my refrigerator so I can mark off each day as motivation! Seems like we're all thinking the same things.

Have a great day :smile:
  • liza8888
    liza8888 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    and the fact that you can't fast forward through the first part is super annoying :angry:
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    and the fact that you can't fast forward through the first part is super annoying :angry:

I agree...but I've got round it by putting the dvd on before I get myself sorted so the dvd is waiting for me when I'm ready...

Woke up this morning and hurt soooo much, but after doing L1D3 today I actually feel a little less sore...maybe it'll hit again tomorrow morning.
    I swear I've found muscles in places that I had no idea there would be one...and they huuuurt!
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    D2L1 done...muscles were a little sore. Guess I am using muscles that weren't getting any action or as much...which is a good thing I guess. I am also doing Zumba at night after work with a friend of mine. I am not sure how much exercise is too much for a person...guess my body will tell me :happy:
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D3 and let me tell you my legs happen to burn alot more today then the other two days. I think it might be because yesterday I didn't go for a run or walk at night like I had before. The side lunges are the one exercise that kill me everytime.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ok so I completed D3L1 last night and felt great about it, I was actually jumping pretty high on those killer jump ropes on the last round of cardio!! My arms are definitly improving, and my stomach seems tighter!! This is awesome!! I hate not being ablt to fast forward through the first too, but now I start the dvd and get my little one settled with a bottle and some snacks so she will be occupied through it all. It seems to be working out to the perfect timing and I am already a little warmed up before the warm up even starts :tongue: Anyway I forgot to post my stats on day 1 so here they are:

Arms (both): 13"
    Bust: 37.5"
    Waist: 37"
    Hips: 42"
    Thighs (both): 24"

Good luck everyone and lets keep the momentum!!

Oh and yeah I noticed that she was cheating on the first day too!! I pointed it out to my boyfriend last night, he was watching me workout! Lol:blushing:
  • aogundare
    aogundare Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm in. Started today. D1L1. It killed me. I need the motivation, so I won't give up.
  • jmtp
    jmtp Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started the shred on the 14th. Finished up D3L1 this morning. It's definitely kicking my *kitten* thus far! I hurt my knee skiing back in January and it took forever to recover, so this is the first real exercise I've done this year - it's so hard getting back into it. I don't want to hurt myself getting back into exercise after 6 months of inactivity (especially since my knee is still problematic at times), so I'm doing at least a week of just the shred before trying to add in anything else on top of it. I look forward to hearing about everyone else's progress through the system!
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    L1D4 done....my legs were killing me. I can never seem to do the jump rope without stopping. I can feel my motivation slipping... it took me a long time after waking up today to finally decide to do it.

On a happier note...I didn't feel as sore today. I can actually move without groaning!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    L1D4 done too and I too was feeling my motivation slipping! I didn't start moving until an hour later than usual this morning! I went for a 30 minute jog before I did the shred and really pushed myself. Starting out the 20 minutes, it was brutal. I just wanted to stop and do it again later. However, I knew I needed to keep going.

I did have to pause it once for about 15 seconds because I had taken my shoes off for my feet to breathe during one of the exercises, but that wasn't a good idea so I put them back on! By the end of the video, I had enough energy to finish up! I was expecting it to not be as bad as the first two days as yesterday, I felt like it went by so quickly!

Keep at it everyone! Let's get our motivation back and look on the bright side, for people on the same day as me (which seems to be a lot), after tomorrow, we'll be half way done with level one! We can do this! Eyes on the prize - the results will be amazing, but we have to give it our all!
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Went from 2.5 weights to 5 pounds...wow!! D7 L1 gonna feel this in the morning!!
  • perfectlystill
    Options
    Day 4 is always the one that gets me in these "Work out for 30-60-90 days straight" work out regimines. I tend to wake up late/make excuses all day as to why i haven't/can't/won't work out today and then I just never get going again.That being said, L1D4 done! I made excuses all morning until about 11AM before I said to myself, "If I don't do this now, I'm not ever going to do it, and which is worse, a 20 minute workout or a lifetime of regretting not doing it?" So I got off my butt and moved!

It was a rough workout though, my legs were a burning the entire time and my abs were on fire by the bicycles and i was really struggling with those, but i made it through most of the side-lunges, and I only stopped to drink once. (ONCE! Down from day one, were i guzzled a full glass of water before the second circut was done!)

Keep up the good work, guys! I know it's hard, but we can make it! 6 more days until level 2! :happy:
  • jamontagne
    jamontagne Posts: 115
    Options
    Did Day 4 last night! Ouch! Today my joints hurt :( but I'm in my "skinny pants" - even though it's my TOM!! That's serious progress to me :laugh:

I was so determined to get it done last night that I ended up doing it in the bedroom in front of my hubby while he was watching TV (I never let him see me exercise - I feel like a spaz) - he even complimented me and said my inner thighs actually have definition now (which of course means they didn't before ... but I let that slide lol).

Today I am making a point to stretch and do 4mins of exercise every hour while at work - just to keep everything limber. If I sit too long my body stiffens up :grumble:
  • mormas
    mormas Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    "If I don't do this now, I'm not ever going to do it, and which is worse, a 20 minute workout or a lifetime of regretting not doing it?" So I got off my butt and moved!

That is a brilliant way to look at it !!

I felt very similar today and had lost my mojo :huh: . It would have been soooooo easy to stay on the sofa, but I completed L1D4, and feel better for it (mentally at least) still aching physically, but that will go. Todays workout seemed to go really quick. We're nearly halfway through level 1. Keep at it all :happy:
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options

I agree, just want to get on with it, but no I have to wait! I usually start to warm up during it.