Replies

• Rubedolove
    Rubedolove Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I am in to start some time next week. I really need to try something different and think this just might be what I need. How are we wanting to do check -ins?
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I started it today. It was tough, but I'm on vacation this coming week, so I figured this was the best time to start!
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 today... count me in!!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I had been planning on starting Monday anyways! This is perfect. I did it twice last week using a resistance band and modified the part you do with your arms. I was still super sore. I think I am going to get weights as well though.
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine on Thursday and got order confirmation this morning but while I wait for it I found it on my ondemand database.

I wanted to start it last Friday morning but I slept in and as I look at my calendar I realize that if I started it tomorrow morning I would be leaving for vacation on day 27. any suggestions? Should I start it anyway? And I've been doing a bootcamp, can I skip 30 ds on bootcamp days or should I do it in addition to bc? Bc workouts are so tough I don't know if I could make it through both in one day. :sick:

I think you should start it! How long is your vacation? I know that I'm going to be away for the 4th of July weekend, but I still plan on doing it.. I might just fall 3ish days behind. It's up to you about the bootcamp issue... I wouldn't skip 30DS unless you have to, and this might answer Serene7193's question a little, but from my research reading around on the message boards, most people continue doing their usual cardio workouts while doing the shred, so I'm going to try and get a daily run or jog in as well. I heard that if you do cardio/go to the gym it helps with the soreness the first couple of days!

I think I'll pop a few advils before starting too! HAHAHA!

Alright, you convinced me, I'm going to start tomorrow, and I'm going to do it everyday even on bootcamp days. I'm leaving on vacation on 7/7 for 10 days, it will be the tail end of this challenge so I'll be short a few days. I guess this is actually perfect because I'll be toned for my vaca!

this is my first time joining a group challenge will we just check in here? How do we do this?
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Im in.. I got mine in the mail from netflix today and was planning on starting it Monday :)
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I was going to use it just a couple days a week with running, but this is the motivation I need to do it for 30 days straight! I'm in!
  • callmefor911
    callmefor911 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I bought it last week and It has been staring at me all week .. so I need to start it. I am going away next week but when I come back I will start it.. also how do u count it on your exercise..
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I finished day 5 today.
    I'm loving it.
    Thought I was going to miss a day yesterday, but since it's less than a half hour, it's super easy to fit into my schedule. [:
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping mine will arrive at the beginning of the week. I plan on doing it every day and combining it with my diet plan and the walking that I already do. I really hope I see results by the end of the 30 days.
  • Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 today! Would love to be a part of the group and check in. ;) I am also walking, and riding a stationary bike with 30DS. And I bought a bike last week but have not been able to transport it to my house yet so once I have that I will be going on bike rides outside with my son.
  • Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine on Thursday and got order confirmation this morning but while I wait for it I found it on my ondemand database.

I wanted to start it last Friday morning but I slept in and as I look at my calendar I realize that if I started it tomorrow morning I would be leaving for vacation on day 27. any suggestions? Should I start it anyway? And I've been doing a bootcamp, can I skip 30 ds on bootcamp days or should I do it in addition to bc? Bc workouts are so tough I don't know if I could make it through both in one day. :sick:

I think you should start it! How long is your vacation? I know that I'm going to be away for the 4th of July weekend, but I still plan on doing it.. I might just fall 3ish days behind. It's up to you about the bootcamp issue... I wouldn't skip 30DS unless you have to, and this might answer Serene7193's question a little, but from my research reading around on the message boards, most people continue doing their usual cardio workouts while doing the shred, so I'm going to try and get a daily run or jog in as well. I heard that if you do cardio/go to the gym it helps with the soreness the first couple of days!

I think I'll pop a few advils before starting too! HAHAHA!

Alright, you convinced me, I'm going to start tomorrow, and I'm going to do it everyday even on bootcamp days. I'm leaving on vacation on 7/7 for 10 days, it will be the tail end of this challenge so I'll be short a few days. I guess this is actually perfect because I'll be toned for my vaca!

this is my first time joining a group challenge will we just check in here? How do we do this?

Yes start! I will probably miss July 2 & 3 because I will be camping but I started too. No use in putting off exercise. Do you have a little dvd player, laptop or will your hotel have a dvd player? You may be able to squeeze in the shred every day. That will help you ward off vacation weight AND stay on track. I could bring my portable dvd player camping and do it but I don't think I will since it's only 2 days. I will probably just go hiking a lot and pick up where I left off with the shred when I get back.
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ooh I started a thread about this (in a different part of the forum), but I want to restart the 30DS tomorrow so please count me in. :smile:
  • elsapm
    elsapm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! :smile:
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go to Target today and see if I can find it, and how much it is. I'm on a very tight budget with very little extra dollars to spend. If I can afford it, I'm totally in for this. I'd like to see how the DVD works as opposed to the video game I have for the Wii.
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    It's only 10 dollars. You need weights but you could use like two bottles of water.

I started Day 1 yesterday and I am sore. I did it twice, and went to the gym. My left left is so sore, and my right leg is a bit sore. It hurts to sit down and sit up but not as bad as I've felt in the past. Just a heads up. I also took a long hot bath after the gym in hopes my muscles in my legs wouldn't feel this way but eh, it happened anyways.
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to see so many participants! You guys are the best!

As for the question as a group challenge, how do you do it posting wise, I say we all just keep this thread going strong! It's in your "My Topics" now, so you should check that often and if there's new posts, read away!

You should try and take some measurements and/or pictures before you start, because I've been reading prior threads on 30DS and people were really bummed they didn't take measurements and regretted it, so feel free to post your starting measurements or keep them until after the last day and show us all your results!

I got myself motivated by searching progress results for 30DS here on MFP and I'm pumped now!

Gotta make a target run later tonight - they better have a set of handweights and a measuring tape for me! I want a neon colored sports bra too! LOL!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    $10 I can do, and I already have 3lb and 5lb weights. Good deal!!
  • Boooie
    Boooie Posts: 110
    Options
    Count me in to please... i started this the other day but will restart it tomorrow and post measurements :)

Mandy x