PURPLE! PURPLE!

Options
Haven't seen a Purple post for a while. Thought I'd start one..

My goals for this week are:

3 days of Tae bo W/F/S
2 days of treadmill T/Th
To drink all my water
To eat more veggies ( I've been eating lots of fruit)

I bought a meat slicer and a food dehydrator this weekend on my way back from Idaho.
I am going to start drying my fruit , veggies and slicing my own meat (ham, turkey ect.)
And Make lots of jerky..
That is my plan anyway.

Hope you all have a great purpley day. :flowerforyou:
Melissa

Replies

• melissa73
    Options
    Haven't seen a Purple post for a while. Thought I'd start one..

My goals for this week are:

3 days of Tae bo W/F/S
    2 days of treadmill T/Th
    To drink all my water
    To eat more veggies ( I've been eating lots of fruit)

I bought a meat slicer and a food dehydrator this weekend on my way back from Idaho.
    I am going to start drying my fruit , veggies and slicing my own meat (ham, turkey ect.)
    And Make lots of jerky..
    That is my plan anyway.

Hope you all have a great purpley day. :flowerforyou:
    Melissa
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    YAY!!!!

A purple post!!!!

I have been heartbroken :brokenheart: with no purple people writing.

My legs are killing me today because I just got done with spin class.... wow was that a workout!!!!
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined Monday and I am on the Purple TEAM GO PURPLE!!!!!!! I love this site!!!! I have stuck to the program this entire week, usual on Wednesday is the day that I fall off the wagon, but still excited maybe this is it, you know the light bulb moment??????

My goals.................
    * Stay within my 1,200 calorie a day
    * Walk EVERY day for 45 minutes
    * Increase my elliptical machine by a minute a week (right now I can only do 5 minutes)
    * Drink all my water
    * Do my three sets of crunches
    * Pray every night that I can keep the motivation and help me get healthy

Thats it! I have to lose this weight before 2010 for my son's high school graduation!!!!!

Can I have a copy of your ticker....I like it!!!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Hey hey perky purple people eaters!

I"m trying to just get through the day. My body is warring with itself, and so is my mind. A little voice is yelling "preggers!" in my ear and I'm not sure if it's because it's been in a lot of posts lately or if it's my body letting me know. Whatever it is, it better stop making me :sick: so I can workout!!

Surviving is the key for the week. I'll stay away from comfort foods and hope my body stops playing tricks on me.

:flowerforyou:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    My goals for the week:

Stay within my calorie goal.

Exercise for at least 60 minutes each day.

Try to get at least 6.5 hours of sleep everyday.
  • melissa73
    Options
    Alright I knew that we Purple were out there somewhere..

Tina- way to push yourself. "Sore today, Thiner tomarrow." :drinker: :drinker:

Welcome to the purple team. I googled " purple team" and saved it to my pictures then adjusted it. I don't know where Tina got hers but Love IT.

My friend didn't call me until this afternoon to workout so We are walking outside today about 4.5 miles.
    Then I will come home and do Tae bo..

Go Purple.

Melissa
  • tall_t
    Options
    Alright I knew that we Purple were out there somewhere..

Tina- way to push yourself. "Sore today, Thiner tomarrow." :drinker: :drinker:

Welcome to the purple team. I googled " purple team" and saved it to my pictures then adjusted it. I don't know where Tina got hers but Love IT.

My friend didn't call me until this afternoon to workout so We are walking outside today about 4.5 miles.
    Then I will come home and do Tae bo..

Go Purple.

Melissa

I got mine from a previous thread, someone said we could use it....so I did....
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hey kids! nother purple girl here!! Plan on doing a water class 6pm and weights before or after that...

So glad a purple thread was started...I think there are a number of them out there but I can't seem to figure out which one we're actually talking on that's the most recent. :laugh:

So now I have this one going to 'my topics'...I'll know where to find you all :)

:drinker:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been such a slacker lately guys! My life has just been outta whack and I'm trying to calm it back down. I'm officially cutting fast food back out of my life because it's ruining me! I'm back on track now!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Sorry I've been such a slacker lately guys! My life has just been outta whack and I'm trying to calm it back down. I'm officially cutting fast food back out of my life because it's ruining me! I'm back on track now!
    YAY Rach!! :drinker: Good to see your smiling face again in your little box:noway: :tongue:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Ok now...so where's all our charts kids....hopefully noone has made the team leaders wait...and we get to see how everyone did.

I had a great week and it feels soooooo good to be able to change the tickers each time I drop some.:heart::drinker: :drinker:
  • tall_t
    Options
    Ok now...so where's all our charts kids....hopefully noone has made the team leaders wait...and we get to see how everyone did.

I had a great week and it feels soooooo good to be able to change the tickers each time I drop some.:heart::drinker: :drinker:

Your doing great Fitness Chick. How much more do you have to lose to reach your goal weight?
  • melissa73
    Options
    Hey kids! nother purple girl here!! Plan on doing a water class 6pm and weights before or after that...

So glad a purple thread was started...I think there are a number of them out there but I can't seem to figure out which one we're actually talking on that's the most recent. :laugh:

So now I have this one going to 'my topics'...I'll know where to find you all :)

:drinker:

We are doing great. It helps me to be a part of something to keep me motivated.
    Melissa
  • fatgottago
    Options
    I could not leave work today and my husband brought me dinner. I told him only grilled chicken or salad but he brought me a fried chicken sandwich from popeyes I was soooo hungry and he spend 6.00 bucks on it I ate it, after the fact I looked up Popeyes and got the nutritional information it was 630 calories OMG, I did not know, but it was good....so now my question, is it ok that I ate it? If I stay within my calories for today, it will not make me gain will it?:sad:
  • melissa73
    Options
    As long as you stay within you calories you will be okay... If your really worried about it work out just a little longer today.. Go for a long walk, or just jump in place for awhile..

I had dinner last night and was good with the calories and then hubby brought me a candy bar and I ate it.. I didn't feel like going out after that. But this early in the day you should be good.

Don't worry.
    Melissa
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Your doing great Fitness Chick. How much more do you have to lose to reach your goal weight?

Thank you!:flowerforyou: How much more??? ahh...:laugh: :laugh: a few more lbs. give or take quite a few!:drinker: You can check my profile for more on that subject:noway: :wink:

Plus I imagine once I get much closer to my goal I will want to drop down more than my goal weight is set now...but I shall see....On the right hand side of the ...ah what ever it's called on the profile...it's not called a ticker but the how many lbs. lost on the left side and how many lbs. to go on the right side?

Ya..that thing!:laugh: I have such fun watching the numbers go up and down...especially enjoy the right hand side drop more and more..... but I am easily entertained!:tongue:
  • tall_t
    Options
    Anyone got any fun plans this weekend?

I am going to go to my son's football game and run before it starts (he has to be there an hour early, so perfect time for me to go run...dontcha think?)

Of course it is wet and rainy here now, but I plan to go to dancersice class today and shock my body into losing some more weight....Plus tonight is pizza night (ugh, maybe I can get a salad).

Sunday is Redskins vs. Cowboys, I can't wait to watch that game!!! Hopefully I can run before it starts.

That is my weekend in a nutshell. What are you all planning to do?
  • fatgottago
    Options
    I am going to my son's football game tonight, so I will not have time to get any exercise in today, so I will have to keep my calories right at 1,200. I messed up yesterday, but I am back on track today.

It is funny, just by me eating that sandwich from Popeye's triggered me and I wanted to eat all day......YUCK, so I am going to try and stay in control today, I ended up eating over by like 400 calories.....so 1,700 calories not good.......

I plan on getting up early Saturday and going to a football game with my friend and when I get back get some GOOD exercise in while everyone is down at the camp. I like doing my fitness tapes, but only when the men are gone, they tend to make fun of me when I am working out, that is why general I only walk or use the elliptical machine... I love Tae-bo, but he kicks my tail. I need a good work out this weekend so I can pull off 6 pounds for weigh in Tuesday!!!!!!!!

How about ya'll????:smokin:
  • melissa73
    Options
    Thank god it is Friday. Last day of homecoming week for us. My daughter hasn't been getting home until 9:00 every night. But she sure has enjoyed herself. She gets involved in everything. So I am everywhere picking her up and dropping her off.

My middle daughter is wanting me to take her to the park to practice her serve and bump for volleyball.
    I will probably Jog/walk on the treadmill too on Saturday. Hubby is off Sunday and Monday so we will probably take his Harley for a ride one of those days.
    On the day we don't ride I'll get an hour in on my treadmill or do a video.

I WILL STAY WITHIN MY CALORIES THIS WEEKEND! I have a tendency not to. :grumble:

Hope you all have a great weekend.
    Melissa
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi I just joined Monday and I am on the Purple TEAM GO PURPLE!!!!!!! I love this site!!!! I have stuck to the program this entire week, usual on Wednesday is the day that I fall off the wagon, but still excited maybe this is it, you know the light bulb moment??????

My goals.................
    * Stay within my 1,200 calorie a day
    * Walk EVERY day for 45 minutes
    * Increase my elliptical machine by a minute a week (right now I can only do 5 minutes)
    * Drink all my water
    * Do my three sets of crunches
    * Pray every night that I can keep the motivation and help me get healthy

Thats it! I have to lose this weight before 2010 for my son's high school graduation!!!!!

Can I have a copy of your ticker....I like it!!!

I could only go 5min too on the elliptical when I started and now I can go an hour!!! hang in there and it will happen faster than you think!