PURPLE! PURPLE!

Options

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I am a new member of Team Purple and happy to join you all.

I need to get exercising - I've been doing great with food/caloric intake but not so great with water and BAD with exercise. It's hard to find time with chasing my kids around (soccer mom-you know how we are)
    Welcome welcome...to the Purple SIde!
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    Welcome to the purple team. We all are going to look good.

th3_103.gif

I did good with my water for these two days.
    I did the shred first today and did the Turbo Jam. Wow I felt it all the way through today. My arms were soar from yesterdays shred and then to do all those push ups again. Oh my gosh. Then I was dragging at the end of my 20 minute TJ. But I did it.

Way to go Purple keep up the good work.

Melissa
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    I'm so happy to report - it is almost 3pm here and I have less than 8oz to go on my water ... :drinker:

How is everyone else doing today? :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    So how's everyone doing on sending in their weights on time this week Canelitas?

Does it look like we'll see the outcome for all 3 times this afternoon/early evening??:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I'm so happy to report - it is almost 3pm here and I have less than 8oz to go on my water ... :drinker:

Wondering if we should begin a new PURPLE PURPLE thread (I really like that thread name..makes it SO MUCH EASIER to find the the thread each time!) for each week? Because after awhile we'll end up with so many pages.

hm, or maybe every two or something....PURPLE Peeps are startin to chatter more and with all the new folks perhaps we could actually go a couple weeks without beginning a new one.

Thoughts? Canelitas?:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

OH! I just now read on the black thread that weights aren't due in until midnight???? Weds??

I thought it said 12pm meaning Weds. at 12pm...as in NOON???

Oh, ok, never mind on the earlier question...bummer.......so folks don't need to get their weights in to their team leaders now until midnight and then they have to tally it up so it would still be mid to later Thursday for us all to see everyone's results?

Oh...ok, bummer...I thought we were stickin to our beginning deal. Weigh in Tues or early Weds. then results on Weds afternoon/evening.

I somehow misunderstood...now I got it....I think.

Can someone let me know if what I shared above is now the current way of doing the BL challenge on here?

• melissa73
    Options
    I have no clue. Fitness. It is all a jumble to me. I just send my weight in on Tuesday and hope for the best.

It is hard with everyone at different time zones too. I guess.

I too am thinking we will see the results on Thursdays. Thursday is better than Friday. :happy:

On another note. I am so sore today from doing JM shred. I think I am going to just do my treadmill today and Shred tomorrow.
    Does it hurt to do a workout when you are that sore? Or is it a good idea to have a rest from it. Am I to do it everyday right?
    But boy do I feel it.
    If my butt don't get firmer from this then the Fat better just fall off. The push ups are what kill me. I may do it today with just lighter weights that I did yesterday. Look I just talked myself into it. :drinker: I'll go shred now while it is on my mind.
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    ok, 2 questions from a newb.

1: how do i get in with the Purple Team?

2: what's "shredding"
  • melissa73
    Options
    Okay. Send a message to Canelitas she set up the Challenge, with your current weight and goal weight for Dec. 2. here is a link to her profile.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/canelitas

The Shredding is the Dvd workout tape from Jillian Michaels( 30 day Shred) from Biggest loser the Tv Show.. I bought mine from Best Buys for 13.00.
    It has 3 levels and it is only 27 minutes long. It is great. I am on day 3 on the 1st level. I have been sore from it.

And last but not least Welcome to MFP. Hope you reach all your goals.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

:drinker: teeheehee! :drinker: and but of COURSE you'd want to get in with the PURPLE PEEPS! Cause WE ROCK!:laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

Welcome welcome....glad you're looking to join up....we're just about ready to start a new week...what great timing you have:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

:flowerforyou: btw ...fun name! cute photo:drinker:

now off to the gym for me again....takin another YUMMY water class....with a big time kick butt instructor....WHEW...she's great and then before that I'll do some strength training.

Later all,
    Have a wonderful evening:drinker:
  • Canelitas
    Options
    So how's everyone doing on sending in their weights on time this week Canelitas?

Does it look like we'll see the outcome for all 3 times this afternoon/early evening??:flowerforyou:

I had about 5 or 6 who didn't check-in however our stats are up .... since you mentioned it...we need to get it together....the purple team only had 14.1 loss, could be because of those who didn't check-in. but I'd like to see a 30lbs loss week in the future....:bigsmile:

I checked early this morning and so far Black and Purple are up, Pdxmomof2 had a home sick child, so I'm sure she will post hers up today.
  • Canelitas
    Options
    OH! I just now read on the black thread that weights aren't due in until midnight???? Weds??

I thought it said 12pm meaning Weds. at 12pm...as in NOON???

I confused everyone, Sorry. :blushing: Here's the deal....

Team Members weight-in either Tuesday or Wednesday morning,
    then send in their weight-in to their team leader....asap

Team Leaders have until 11:59pm of that Wednesday to post their teams stats up.

I guess I will post that up in next weeks post...:bigsmile:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Where's the purpleys!?! :flowerforyou:

I'm on track for today! It's starting to get chilly out here! :sad: I'm not ready! There's so much work I wanted to do to my car before winter. Oh well. I think I'm going to wear my HRM while I mow the yard today...I'm curious as too how much I burn doing that. Then I have to clean some fish tanks...the piranha one is getting pretty murky! Then it'll be off to do dishes and clean the living room so I have the floorspace for Shred! Today is my only day to get a bunch done because I work both jobs tomorrow and then job 2 on Sat. and Sun. Yuck!

On a good note I only ate 4 tootsie rolls out of the candy bowl today! Normaly I have 6 or 8! tootsieroll.gif

On a bad note...I forgot my water bottle and don't have any change on me to get one out of the machine at work...whoops! waterbottle.gif

I'm craving pancakes! pancakes.gif Mmmmm!
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    Hey Rach,

You did so good this week! I am so proud of all you lost!!!! Way to go!

Keep it up, and stay out of the tootsie rolls!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I will! No more tootsie rolls for me!!!

I'm determined to be back in the negative next week! :drinker:
  • Canelitas
    Options
    You are doing AWESOME, Rach!

Speaking of Tootsie Rolls ... The family I work for have Chocolate's in the fridge - Rese's (sp?) (among others) and they are really tempting, I've controled myself so far, and been having my water. :drinker:

I'm so wanting to eat one....:sad:

I just finished doing the Shred ... :bigsmile:
  • melissa73
    Options
    I know what you both mean when the candy is tempting. My hubby came home last night with 2 bags of candy bars. I had a hard time resisting. Even when he eats 4 mini bars sitting next to me on the couch. Gosh.
    But I didn't eat any.

Please stop the temptations.

We can do it.
  • melissa73
    Options
    Cal - What is your take on the shred? How are you liking it?

I am on day 4 and I am dreading the push-ups and the leg bends with the weights. Those two parts are killer. But I am glad I did it when I finish. Do you do any other work out when you do shred.?

I do feel good. I can see definition in my arms. But gosh they still are sore from it all. I guess when they say Shred. It means it.
  • Canelitas
    Options
    lol, I like it! I started it back in Sept. but with no one holding me accountable I gave up.

Now I have a 3 1/2 yr. making me do it ... :wink: I told him if he would do excersise with me, and said yes, we have done the shred afterschool a couple of times. Yesterday, on the pushup part which I dread, he got on my back, and i used it as an excuse to not do the pushup, and he said you can do it, you can do it, come on .... :laugh: (That's what i tell him cause he stops before it starts ...lol)

I currently don't do any other workout except on Wednesdays ... Aerobics ... more like dancing. However, I do stretch more time, (with the slim in 6 - stretch routine). I officially started the Shred yesterday so I still have 29 days to go ... lol