6 HOT WEEKS

Options

Replies

• 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Spent the weekend with my parents. They decided to tile their entry and kitchen, so I went to help with that. While we were at it, we painted the entry, added new mopboard, added quarter round to the front of the cabinets, and removed and replaced a center island-console. Spent 3 days working on the renovation.

Not only was the constant daily "workout" not really trackable, and not aerobic (too low HR)... my food was slightly out of my control, too. My mom is supportive, and she tried to accomodate my quirks... but she doesnt have a food scale which makes it more difficult and less precise.

Will WI tomorrow morning, now that I'm back to my own scale. I don't expect much, but accountability is key, correct?
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i just wanted to share (and maybe motivate us a little to keep going) that on 24th april my measurements were:

waist- 106cm
    upper arm- 41cm
    upper thigh- 71cm
    calf- 49cm

and now they are

waist- 93cm
    upper arm- 36cm
    upper thigh- 65cm
    calf- 45.5cm

and i weighed in this morning at 87.0kgs (but i'm not counting it as i haven't been well for a few days). i'm really pleased with the loss and the shrinking, and my running is getting heaps better. but down side is my trousers are all getting way too big. even with a belt, it's not working anymore! off to the charity shops again for me i think!

how are we all doing??

mary and 2stepz- both awesome ladies. mary i'm so proud of you and your long walk!
  • mbvenske
    mbvenske Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Spent the weekend with my parents. They decided to tile their entry and kitchen, so I went to help with that. While we were at it, we painted the entry, added new mopboard, added quarter round to the front of the cabinets, and removed and replaced a center island-console. Spent 3 days working on the renovation.

oohhh girlfriend, your gonna find muscles you didn't know you had!!! That is a workout, even if the heart rate didn't go up for long. Great job!
  • mbvenske
    Options
    i just wanted to share (and maybe motivate us a little to keep going) that on 24th april my measurements were:

waist- 106cm
    upper arm- 41cm
    upper thigh- 71cm
    calf- 49cm

and now they are

waist- 93cm
    upper arm- 36cm
    upper thigh- 65cm
    calf- 45.5cm

and i weighed in this morning at 87.0kgs (but i'm not counting it as i haven't been well for a few days). i'm really pleased with the loss and the shrinking, and my running is getting heaps better. but down side is my trousers are all getting way too big. even with a belt, it's not working anymore! off to the charity shops again for me i think!

You are doing soooooo great! Yes you are right, motivation is exactly what it is!!! You get new pants, you get new pants!!! I'm soooo happy for you!!:happy: doin' the happy dance!! You be careful doning it, I'd hate to see you show off your "assets" to the world!!! :tongue:
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Great Job bonjour ! Losing inches is just as important and sometimes more important
    than losing lbs. Keep up the great work!
  • 2stepz
    Options
    WI this am showed a 0.6 lb loss. Down 13 lbs total in 7 weeks. I know that's reasonable, but with so much to lose, I feel like I'm crawling. Every little bit counts, right?
  • yarmiah
    Options
    WI this am showed a 0.6 lb loss. Down 13 lbs total in 7 weeks. I know that's reasonable, but with so much to lose, I feel like I'm crawling. Every little bit counts, right?

You bet your butt it does count! Slow and steady wins the race, hee hee. As long as it's going in the right direction
    that is all that really matters!

I just got back from my workout session with my trainer. I'm still amazed that something so hard can be so much fun!
    Ray is the best- I would work out with him everyday if i could afford it (it's 36 for a half hour, but he always gives me
    almost an hour, another reason why I love him so much!)
  • bonjour24
    Options
    hi guys. how are we all doing?

well, after all of the chatter on here about the 30 day shred, i bought it and decided to give it a go. so far so good. i'm on day 4! it's definately a good, intensive workout and quite challenging at times. i'll keep you posted on if it's worth it.

i've got a 10k race tomorrow- i'm really nervous. i haven't done as much running this week because we've all been sick, but i do need practice at races for sure. they make me nervous, and i need to get more used to them otherwise i'm going to fall apart at the half marathon. so my challenge is to do as many proper races as poss so i can stop being nervous about them.

i'm also trying to get my nutrition right on the day before the race/long run. i think i've got it right- now i just have to put it into practice and see if it works. so plain boiled rice and chicken for tea for me tonight! and half a banana with some peanut butter for energy tomorrow morning before the run...... let's see if that is the right fit for me.

but, do you know what. i'm not so worried about the running- i can run, i've done it before. my worry is if i need to go the loo while i'm running. that's what i'm trying to control.

well, wish me luck! and i hope that all of you lovely ladies have a great weekend. get out and do something if you can- you'll feel better.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Good Luck with your race tomorrow ! I will check in with my weight loss on sunday i am leaving early monday for vacation and i hope that i do ok while i am gone but if i do have a gain you guys will encourage me and support me !
  • bonjour24
    Options
    did my 10k- and i ran ALL of it! i can't quite believe it, but i did it.
    i did the first 5k in 37 mins, and finished in 76 mins, so i kept a pretty good even pace throughout.
    i think i pretty much came in last, but i don't care. i still can't believe i didn't stop. i said to myself that i can have a walk after running 5ks, but then decided that i still felt ok and would run to the water station at 7.5ks. but i got there and decided that i'd nearly finished and it would be rude not to just keep going. so i did.

i think i've got my nutrition sorted too- boiled chicken and rice for tea the day before, 2 immodium before bed, and half a banana with peanut butter before the race. i'll tell you guys by the next run if it works.

i'm knackered now though. i've had to work the afternoon shift at work, and i'm doing my best not to fall asleep.

hope everyone is ok and having a good weekend. i'll check in better later.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I will check back in when i get back from vacation !
    Weighed this morning and i lost a pound ! Down to 189.5!
  • yarmiah
    Options
    did my 10k- and i ran ALL of it! i can't quite believe it, but i did it.

WTG! awesome! guess I can't have any excuses training for my 5K now lol
  • yarmiah
    Options
    I will check back in when i get back from vacation !
    Weighed this morning and i lost a pound ! Down to 189.5!

Gratz on the loss- slow n steady wins the race!
    Enjoy your vacation!
  • 2stepz
    Options
    Ugggh. Tired of this plateau. I've been at the same 267.x for the last three or four weeks. It's... frustrating. Going to try upping my avg. calories this week to see if that helps. Need to shake it up somehow.
  • mbvenske
    Options
    Hi all, you've all been kinda quiet this week!! I had a fantastic weekend mini vacation with my mom, aunt, & cousin. We did alot of walking and I made smart food choices. Even tho we ate out every meal. I did not have one fried food. I did mostly salads, and then grilled chicken. I feel very good about it. I did have an ice cream, but hey, it was vacation!!

Monday however, I woke up not able to move because my back hurt. Got into the dr. on Tuesday. I have a deteriorating disk, (which I knew), but I have a bulging disk that is acting up, and narrowing of my spinal column which may be playing into this. He started me on steriods and pain meds, but it isn't helping much yet. Across the house is the extent of my walking. I am supposed to work tonight and tomorrow night, and go camping this weekend, but I'm not sure how any of this is going to play out. I can't work and take my pain meds and tylenol just isn't cutting it. I'm doing my exercises for my back, hurts like hell, but hopefully something will kick in.

Anyway, you all continue on, your all fantastic people. I'll be checking in, but probably won't have alot to say, I don't want to be only complaining while I'm here. I'll be back in full force as soon as this clears up and I am able to walk again.

Speaking of walking does anyone use those shoes that are rounded on the bottom? (can't remember the name of them, I think my meds are kicking in. :tongue: They help you walk heel to toe. I'm looking for any kind of feed back, good, bad, neutral.

2stepz - try cutting back on carbs for a bit, and upping your water consumption. I did not look at your recent meals, so maybe you are already doing this. But your right, sometimes just shaking it up a bit will help. Even an extra ten minutes walking around the block might get things started. Keep us posted on what you try, I (and I'm sure the others), will try to keep giving you different ideas that might help get off this.

Kris - awesome job on the loss. Like yarmiah said, slow and steady WILL win you this race!! Have a great vacation!

Joni - that is AWESOME!! I am so proud of you! You did great and now that you KNOW you can do it, there is no stopping you!! You rock girl!

Okay, my pain meds are kicking in, and it's getting pretty hard to focus. :ohwell: so, I'm headed to the couch and an ice bag, you ladies have a great day, and keep up the fantastic work!!
  • yarmiah
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your back troubles, mbven! You mend quickly, ya hear?!

I have a pair of sketchers "Shape Ups". I don't really feel they help any in the toniing, but
    beacuse the sole is so cushioned they are quite comfortable. They did take a little
    bit of gettin used to when first walking in them because of the "rolling" motion".

Been crazy this week as I'm alone at the front desk at work (other receptionist out on vaction),
    youngest daughter taking a day camp class, and hubby taking a continuing education class as well.
    Thank goodness the gym is just a block away as it truly helps me manage my stress!

Had my weekly workout with Ray- was a blast! Did some one on one TRX instruction and boy am I feeling
    it this morning lol. Also weighted in, the scale is back down and I'm ony 1lbs over at 156.6 atm.
    I am working for, and will reach my goal of 150 by the end of the month!
  • mbvenske
    Options
    Yarmiah, you are rocking, keep up the fantastic work. Super job on your loss!!

I am up 3 lbs from the 1st of the month. I should have known better than to weigh, but at least this way I am aware of the damage no exercise is causing and can try to make myself eat even better and drink more water until I'm back on track. Hopefully soon I can get out for a short walk. The steroid is helping, but I'm still walking with a steady pain in my lower back. But, this is life and at the end of the day, it is what it is! Deal the cards dealt right?
  • bonjour24
    Options
    hiya guys

sorry i've been MIA a bit lately. life is just so hectic!

mary- i'm sorry to hear about your back. i hope you take a few days off work to relax and recouperate. i wouldn't worry about my weight right now if i were you- this is life and people get injured. what you tell me if i was hurt and on monster pain meds? but i hope you feel better soon.

yarmiah- sounds like your PT sessions are good. i want one!!! sadly i can't afford one :-( i can't wait to win lotto and then get someone to cook for us all, and get a PT to push me further.

2stepz- just keep going! if you're eating properly and exercising well, everything will catch up. and the scales may not show it, but measurements might. and even if that doesn't show anything, do you feel better?? everytime i feel pissy because my weight loss is going really slow, i remind myself that it's really not that important. what is important (to me) is that i feel so much better and my heart must be alot healthier now than it was before.

I've been doing the 30ds, and i quite enjoy it. i've missed 3 days though (i had 1 day off intentionally, then yesterday turned to custard thanks to me setting my oven on fire, and i tried to do it today but the kids were all home and kept getting in the way so i had to turn it off for safety reasons!!). maybe i'll try to do it tonight before bed, but i'm at work and don't finish until 10pm. i'll see what level of consciousness i'm at later ;-)

but....... we did get a nintendo wii yesterday and were playing on the bowling, boxing and golf games for a few hours yesterday. it was fun!!! and my upper arms are feeling it today! i like that i get to do something work out-y with my hubby that's fun and doesn't feel like a chore. we just need to remember not to do it when the kids are around, because i know one of them will get in the way at the wrong time and get a bloody good thwack to the head!!

anyway, i'd better skidaddle. i'm at work and have people to see.
    have a great few days. i'm going to weigh in again maybe tomorrow morning (after a workout!). right now (after my disasterous past few days) i'll be pleased just to have not gained too much! i have enjoyed the delights that chocolate has to offer with great gusto!!
  • bonjour24
    Options
    helllloooooooo!! where is everyone????
  • 2stepz
    Options
    Took the weekend off of journaling every bite. Was family reunion time, and there is no way to account for the calories of some of those home-made salads... so I just kept my portion sizes reasonable and pushed water. Haven't made it home yet to check on the scale. Maybe wednesday? (Got up this morning, took my niece to the baby-sitter, drove 300 miles... dropped off the dog and came straight to work.)