Weight loss group for petite people

Options

Replies

• IHrtStrwbrries
    Options
    I so agree! I'm 5' and I can never find pants that are short enough for me, so I usually have to go to the children's section to find something that might fit. Back in my last year of high school and freshman year of college I was 130 lb, which many people said isn't much but on a petite person it's a lot! Also, since I have a baby face, many people just said I look cute chubby, which is not something I like to hear....I'm not in elementary school, goodness lol. I'm 113 lb now and hope to get to 100 lb. I hope I keep my motivation to go on, but it's been frustrating these last couple lbs. Thank you so much for making a group for shorties!! I'd love to be able to join :).
  • omgsaleslady
    omgsaleslady Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i'm in! i'll email you my stats :)
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    5'3" here...i'm glad you see climbing shelves as a pro...i'm a regular monkey at the grocery store and it embarrsses my husband, who is also short, but who will not climb ;)

My hubby laughs at me. He'll come upstairs from the basement to see me standing on the counter to reach the top shelf in the cabinet. Always asks me why I didn't have him do it. Uhhh duh! I can do it myself!

I get on counters too. The all time fav at work was last week I stood on a filing cabinet to hang streamers fr the ceiling, we have a driver thats ab 6'5 and he caught me. He was like "why didnt u just ask me for help?" Of course im to stubborn for help.

haha! When I moved into my current desk, I was standing on my desk to clean the cabinets and our big boss (in charge of the whole office big) walked in and about fell over laughing. :ohwell:

*edit* BTW, I'm also in... I tend to lose track of myself after about two weeks... need the kick in the rear. :flowerforyou:

Awesome, please email me your height and weight this week
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. I am 5'1", as I just found out yesterday. I definitely know how you feel. At my heaviest, I was 169 pounds. Since I started trying to lose weight, made my lifestyle change, watching what I ate, and worked out/walked....I have lost almost a total of 46 pounds. It really works. I have heard all of the nasty comments from people out there. I am at 125 right now, and am scheduled for a tummy tuck on June 27th. When you lose the weight, and look better, you also feel a lot better about yourself. As far as finding pants to fit....I have been there too. I just bought some new jeans, and they are about 3 inches too long on me. So, I have to wear some high shoes to make them look alright. Good luck to you and please keep in touch. I will send you a friends invite.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4, but I have very short legs and Capri pants are the perfect length for me... shirts are hard to find though because I am smaller on top but have a long torso so even though I could wear a normal sized shirt, I have to buy larger so it covers my stomach.
  • wildbio
    wildbio Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I want in too! I'm 5'1" and change (I say 5'2" on a good day, hehehe) and 121.0 pounds. Which I have been stuck at for over 2 MONTHS! I can't seem to rid myself of these last few pounds. So frustrating! Hopefully this will be the kick in my *kitten* I seem to need. Thanks for the great idea!
    5'3" here...i'm glad you see climbing shelves as a pro...i'm a regular monkey at the grocery store and it embarrsses my husband, who is also short, but who will not climb ;)

My hubby laughs at me. He'll come upstairs from the basement to see me standing on the counter to reach the top shelf in the cabinet. Always asks me why I didn't have him do it. Uhhh duh! I can do it myself!

I get on counters too. The all time fav at work was last week I stood on a filing cabinet to hang streamers fr the ceiling, we have a driver thats ab 6'5 and he caught me. He was like "why didnt u just ask me for help?" Of course im to stubborn for help.

haha! When I moved into my current desk, I was standing on my desk to clean the cabinets and our big boss (in charge of the whole office big) walked in and about fell over laughing. :ohwell:

*edit* BTW, I'm also in... I tend to lose track of myself after about two weeks... need the kick in the rear. :flowerforyou:

Awesome, please email me your height and weight this week
  • heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and weighed the most I ever have this last fall at 178.8 (sounds better than 179)! When I started MFP I weighed 170. I've always been muscular and large boned, so I'm aiming for where many of you started 135-132. Still have 20+ pounds to go.

I once roomed with a woman who was 5'9". She insisted she was average height until she went to a women's conference and realized that in the whole stadium there was only one other woman who could look her in the eye! She was handy to have around, though, when things were on the top shelf whether that was in the grocery store or in the kitchen :laugh:
  • mixmastermel_b
    mixmastermel_b Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i identify big time with this thread!

i'm 5 ft and currently 133 (started at 147) and it is now going sooo slowly. i want to go down another 10 lbs but man is it getting harder. the "healthy" weight range is 102-128 and that frustrates me b/c i'm close but yet so far...

argh i'm bumming myself out!
  • Jdismybug1
    Options
    Ok everyone so I'm slowly workin on the chart for everyone, and I'll post it up, and please message me if I missed you somehow. In advance sorry if I missed someone, it wasn't intentional.
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your petite weight loss group! I am new to all this, don't know how it works to join groups or challenges - today is my first day on this website. I saw your post and thought it perfect!

I just started using MFP about a week ago through an app on my phone. I am 5'2" and currently weigh 145 lbs - started at 147. My husband is 6'5" and has NO idea what I'm talking about when I get so pissed off if I gain 3 lbs. He says thats not anything....well for him its not, but on my short frame... its very noticable to me! My mega goal would to one day be under 120 - but I'd be very happy getting down to 125! That would be FABULOUS!

About a year and a half ago I was in the best shape of my life and teaching dance 6 days a week. Then I hurt my shoulder and coudn't do anything for 8 months was in physical therapy to try and ward of having the operation. Having to stop the dancing made me pissed off so I stopped doing anything and manage to gain 20 lbs that I'm having a hell of a time getting off again! I finally decided to go back to weight watchers - only to find they changed the way they do everything and I just have a hard time believing that you can lose weight without, at least, being aware of the calories you intake.

I need this group support!!

Especially since my husband is a giant, he doesn't have much of a weight problem and my son is tall and skinny no matter how much eats - so the support of others that are like me would be a huge boost for motivation!

Thank you for posting this petite group! Let me know how it works - if/how I can join?

Good Luck to All!!!!!
  • Jdismybug1
    Options
    I would love to join your petite weight loss group! I am new to all this, don't know how it works to join groups or challenges - today is my first day on this website. I saw your post and thought it perfect!

I just started using MFP about a week ago through an app on my phone. I am 5'2" and currently weigh 145 lbs - started at 147. My husband is 6'5" and has NO idea what I'm talking about when I get so pissed off if I gain 3 lbs. He says thats not anything....well for him its not, but on my short frame... its very noticable to me! My mega goal would to one day be under 120 - but I'd be very happy getting down to 125! That would be FABULOUS!

About a year and a half ago I was in the best shape of my life and teaching dance 6 days a week. Then I hurt my shoulder and coudn't do anything for 8 months was in physical therapy to try and ward of having the operation. Having to stop the dancing made me pissed off so I stopped doing anything and manage to gain 20 lbs that I'm having a hell of a time getting off again! I finally decided to go back to weight watchers - only to find they changed the way they do everything and I just have a hard time believing that you can lose weight without, at least, being aware of the calories you intake.

I need this group support!!

Especially since my husband is a giant, he doesn't have much of a weight problem and my son is tall and skinny no matter how much eats - so the support of others that are like me would be a huge boost for motivation!

Thank you for posting this petite group! Let me know how it works - if/how I can join?

Good Luck to All!!!!!

Every week I plan to chart everyone's progress. (if I can get my computer to like me today...lol) I'm basically collecting the stats on everyone. But if anyone has any words or wisdom, experiences, or ideas for workouts, etc. feel free to post them.
  • jene77
    jene77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in your group too! I am 5'1 and keep going from 143 to 147. My goal weight is 120. Maybe if I join this group it might help me finially lose this weight! I will add you in case you forget me :flowerforyou:
  • Jdismybug1
    Options
    I would love to be in your group too! I am 5'1 and keep going from 143 to 147. My goal weight is 120. Maybe if I join this group it might help me finially lose this weight! I will add you in case you forget me :flowerforyou:

Ill add u first thing in the morning. Im going to go thru the post to sre who asked to join aside.fr emails, snd email people I need ifo from. ;)
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I want in too!!! lol..but I'll definately be the big girl here..ughh...I am 5'1 and 211 pounds..OMG..how did I let this happen. I started 2 weeks ago at 221 and in 2 weeks lost 11 pounds. As I get smaller I know it'll get harder. I know y'all be done before me but I know we can encourage each other regardless and I'll try and not be jealous by how little you all have to lose..lol..just kidding..i know its hard to lose no matter how far you have to go. Should be a fun journey :)
  • andreajramsey
    andreajramsey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im 4'11 1/2 and I feel your pain.Please add me to this group and feel free to add me as a friend on here. Ill email you my stats.
  • dtanner15
    dtanner15 Posts: 7
    Options
    OOOO Man!I know the feeling! I am 5 foot even and currently bouncing between a size 18 and size 20. when I buy new pants, I have to cut them and wear them with ragged ends. I hate to have them hemmed because what if I wear heels? Then my pant will be too short. But at least when I cut them i can either pin them up for a night or wear them rolled down. It's very frustrating! I started Weight Watchers back in January, and while I loved the program and lost 11 pounds, it got to be somewhat expensive, especially since I live 30 miles from where the meetings are. SO here I am using fitness pal and I love it. I have a hard time staying within my calorie goals tho, but I am still learning. I love how it is so easy to use and so many food and exercise options already available. Well girls, let us keep our petite selves motivated!!!!
  • Jdismybug1
    Options
    NSV today my fiance, tj told me I look like im losing weight, made so happy.
  • tjscott978
    Options
    I would love to join the petite group here. I'm 5'2 and weigh 126 lbs. I know the BMI says that I'm healthy, but I know that I have gained at least 15 lbs in the last two years. Two years ago I lived in Chicago and walked or took public transportation everywhere. I also had a pretty active job. Then I moved to Northern Virginia after I lost my job and drove everywhere. I now have a sedentary job and don't even walk to the grocery store that's a couple blocks away.
    To top it all off my I'm going to be a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding in August. When I tried on my dress this past weekend I needed my mom to help me zip it up and then I was not able to breath. My ultimate goal is to get down to 115 lbs, but I would like to lose at least 10 lbs by August 20, my best friend's wedding day, tone up up my tummy and lost 2".

Up until this point I haven't been very consistent working out and haven't keep track of what eat at all. I'm hoping MFP and motivation from some other petite ladies will help me out.
  • bookwormie
    bookwormie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    May I join too? I'm also short. And in college I did actually play Santa's elf. I'm so new here I don't have a picture yet, so I'm not sure how to join you. But I could really use some motivation!

Sometimes to get things off the top shelf at the grocery store, I'll knock things off with something I can actually reach and catch as stuff falls on me.

And a pro/ con depending on how old you are: I'm frequently mistaken for being much younger than I really am. I'm sure it's because of my height.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    OOOO Man!I know the feeling! I am 5 foot even and currently bouncing between a size 18 and size 20. when I buy new pants, I have to cut them and wear them with ragged ends. I hate to have them hemmed because what if I wear heels? Then my pant will be too short. But at least when I cut them i can either pin them up for a night or wear them rolled down. It's very frustrating! I started Weight Watchers back in January, and while I loved the program and lost 11 pounds, it got to be somewhat expensive, especially since I live 30 miles from where the meetings are. SO here I am using fitness pal and I love it. I have a hard time staying within my calorie goals tho, but I am still learning. I love how it is so easy to use and so many food and exercise options already available. Well girls, let us keep our petite selves motivated!!!!

I'm also between an 18-20. We can do it this time!!! We just all have to support each other...