Weight loss group for petite people

Options

Replies

• Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I LOVED your post!!!! Totally understand about the jeans!!!! I am 5'3" with a 27" inseam! It is really hard to find jeans that aren't to long! Even of they say "short"! You go girl!!!!! :)

When I was in highschool I used to walk off the extra length bc of the grunge look...lol.
  • Jdismybug1
    Options
    petite3-2.jpg
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Thanks for both of these posts! Just the kind words bring a smile even on a bad day! And knowing I'm not alone in the battle always helps. And those words help me to keep in perspective that this is just one bad day and tomorrow is a new day and will hopefully be better! (or maybe in a couple days ;-)

Thanks for the support! Have a Wonderful Day!
  • Vive68
    Vive68 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh My Gosh!!! I found a petite section I love ;)
    I'm 5' and 1/8th"

I'm so happy to read about you all!!
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Ok, so after much grumbling at my computer I figured out what I was doing wrong, now this is in alphabetical order.

petite3.jpg

Lets all work our short butts off and see some good changes by tuesday night!!!!!! :tongue:

WAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I'm the only one not in ONEderland...BOOOHOOO ....I will get there...I will I will I will.....
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Can I join please? I am 4'11' 126 pounds.
  • mdfeller
    mdfeller Posts: 135
    Options
    I'm joining here too! I'm 4'11 and 3/4. ;) I weigh 115(and now wear a size 7 in juniors, and the size Short is still too long), and want to lose 7 more pounds. I wear wedges now on a daily basis. My husband is 5'10 and says I should accept my shortness and that's what he loves about me. I need some motivation and saw this thread, so I'll be checking back daily to see how everyone's doing.
  • Jdismybug1
    Options
    petite3-3.jpg
  • Jdismybug1
    Options
    Ok, so after much grumbling at my computer I figured out what I was doing wrong, now this is in alphabetical order.

petite3.jpg

Lets all work our short butts off and see some good changes by tuesday night!!!!!! :tongue:

WAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I'm the only one not in ONEderland...BOOOHOOO ....I will get there...I will I will I will.....

There's nothing wrong with that, you will be there before you know it.
  • erylie
    erylie Posts: 34
    Options
    I LOVE this! I am 4' 10"... I didn't realize there were so many other short people ... but I also climb... and I've gotten REALLY good at stretching to reach something that is really too high for me... I also bought "crop" pants in the petite section... and they're PERFECT pants :-)

I just turned 30 but people think I'm 18-22 because I'm so short... lol... While a few pounds can be a "bad" change if it's gained... I'm hoping that as I loose the weight, I migh see it a little sooner too, since I am so short.
  • yogamamaof2
    yogamamaof2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wish I ran into this convo earlier! I am 5' even. I started at 122lbs which is in the healthy range but a bit high still. I don't want to look like the mom with the muffin top who is tiny for having two kids (they are 4 and 5years old). I just want to look good. Especially since I am a dance teacher. To motivate myself I am using this awesome tool and also challenging myself to a sprint triathlon at the end of August. Whoa is that helping to push me to exercise!

Tip for getting pants at just the right length: this may sound silly but I have bought tall women's crop pants. The length is perfect! Ha!

Also, I found that the Apt. 9 brand at Kohl's has petite sizes that are made for women that are not sticks. I love this brand!

Glad to see there are more counter climbers out there! My parents always use to yell at me.
  • mixmastermel_b
    mixmastermel_b Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i'm on board to join too! i didn't see my name on the chart, i sent you a message. i see you are still adding people.

thanks for organizing!

5 ft @ 133.4

i'm 32... people constantly think i'm about 22-25, which frankly i don't mind!

melissa aka sillyme78
  • Sheri869
    Options

petite3.jpg

• Sheri869
    Options

petite3.jpg

You are SO close! You're going to hit ONEderland in no time!!

There's nothing wrong with that, you will be there before you know it.
  • Sheri869
    Options
    Can I ask anyone out there - how many calories do you burn in a workout? Since I'm new to this website I'm wondering....I'm seeing these "groups" and reading other group pages and seeing like 2500-4000 calories a week??? (though curiously seeing no allotment for weights???) I'm so happy with myself for burning 300-400 calories in a cardio workout, which if I workout 5 days a week is only like 1500 calories - I thought that was great....until now! And I'm working out (when I do) for almost 2 hours?? I don't have 5 hours a night to workout and I have a desk job...sooo how is this happening? Help me!!
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Wow, it sounds like that 1/2" makes a big difference. I'm 5'1", but I ride an adult bike, find adult-size clothes fit better (though I do need to get them hemmed up), and rarely need to climb to reach things (I can't reach the very top shelves in supermarkets, but most of the time, that shelf is just used for storage of extra stock that is also shelved lower). I've never been asked to play an elf or anything similar. I'd say I'm short, but not exceptionally so: I have several friends about the same height, and I'm certainly not short enough for people in the street to notice me in particular.

But the cons of below-average height for me are:
    * I sometimes need help storing hand-luggage overhead in aeroplanes (I prefer to keep it at my feet, but I seem to get exit row seats quite often, where that's not allowed).
    * My knees ache when I have to sit for long in chairs that are too tall for my feet to rest flat on the ground (probably most chairs).
    * I need help or a stepladder to get things down from the top shelves in my kitchen.
    * I can't kiss my husband by surprise (he has to bend for me).

Pros:
    * Standard kitchen benches are the right height for me: taller friends complain that they have to stoop.
    * I have room to stretch my legs a little on aeroplanes (as long as I have something to support my feet).
  • tjscott978
    Options
    Thanks so much for this inspirational post. It is definitely something that will help keep me motivated. I think it's difficult for us as adults to remember that we succeed at our goals one step at a time.

I know that I didn't wake up one day and suddenly weigh what I do now. I think that I was in denial and kept on thinking my metabolism would be as fast as it was when I was in my early twenties. I am looking forward not only to my progress, but the progress of everyone else in this group. :)
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for making this site! Love the chart! Hopefully being accountable will help!

I'm just starting in on this website (2nd day) and got on here looking for support as well as hoping to give it! Looking for friends to chat with for mutual support on good and bad days....

But for today..... anyone out there feel particularly like they are having a great day and want to share or give some uplifting words?? I'm having a bad day! Think I'm PMS'ing and I worked out for 2 hours last night, ate under my points and gained a pound! Now, if I'm pms'ing that might explain the pound - but on the flip side of pms, my brain is in a depressed mode so I'm totally down about it ;( bloating and uncomfortable and just plain pissy - I know, in a couple days it'll get better! Just gotta try and keep positive!

Also, advice????....I have a REAL bad habit of getting on the scale everyday and I kinda know you're not supposed to do that - I just can't help it - and consequently my mood swings up and down with my weight!

I have the same bad habit of checking the scale every day. When it comes to your TOM unfortunately almost everyone will end up having a bad day. I know I do, I felt terrible at the gym, bloated, cranky, etc. Just keep up your exercise, and stay in your calorie budget and turn that frown upside down.

Yup, almost everyone. I'd be surpirsed if there wasn't a bad day. Like me yesterday, and already today LOL.
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    Awesome group. Now I may actually have to put up a picture :)

I'm 5'2" about 133-135 (or maybe it's 135 and I'm in denial). Would love to get down to 120, but I have been backsliding and playing around with this weight for a while now. I would love to get serious and just lose it once and for all.

I love Capri pants :)...i can buy them and not worry about having to get them hemmed

my 11 year old son is taller than i am and my 9 year old son isn't far behind...
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    Can I ask anyone out there - how many calories do you burn in a workout? Since I'm new to this website I'm wondering....I'm seeing these "groups" and reading other group pages and seeing like 2500-4000 calories a week??? (though curiously seeing no allotment for weights???) I'm so happy with myself for burning 300-400 calories in a cardio workout, which if I workout 5 days a week is only like 1500 calories - I thought that was great....until now! And I'm working out (when I do) for almost 2 hours?? I don't have 5 hours a night to workout and I have a desk job...sooo how is this happening? Help me!!

I don't have a hrm, but when I plug in what Idid into MF P, I usually get 200-400 calories- I use an incline on the treadmill and do intervals (so i don't know if the MFP estimate is accurate either, but I have no other way of estimating).

Strength training is under cardio in the database, and since I rarely do more than 45-50 minutes that comes out to about 200 calories (if my memory is correct).