Thanksgiving Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    So we only have 1 week now till Thanksgiving. I hope everyone is doing good with their goals. As for me I am not. I got on the scale this week and I am up .4:sad: I don't know what is wrong with me lately I can't seem to lose and for some reason I keep gaining. It's driving me crazy. I do really good all week and pretty good on the weekends but I am still exercising when I'm cheating. I don't know. The only good thing I can say is that when I weighed in this time and went up I didn't cry and didn't binge like I usually do. I just kind of shrugged it off and still exercised and I am staying within my calories. So that is at least positive. Good luck to everyone I hope it is better than mine. Stay focused only one week to go.
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Its ok usm at least your keeping a postive attitude.

Mondays are my weigh in days and well im not really sure im going to make it but im going to do my best and hope the scale says what i want it to.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi all! The last week or so has been a roller coaster ride on calories! I was up a couple of pounds, but they came off at the end of the week. ??? - who knows, probably water weight. So I weigh in tomorrow, but have no cal's left for a snack tonight. I am gonna try to be strong! Talk to you all tomorrow! :smile:
    Good luck to everyone - keep up the good work! We only have a week.

96946.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    WHOOOOOOOOOO 170.5

I know I wont hit my goal (of 165) but I'm still proud that I'm not stuck at 173 anymore!
  • usmcwifeb15
    Options
    WHOOOOOOOOOO 170.5

I know I wont hit my goal (of 165) but I'm still proud that I'm not stuck at 173 anymore!

That is great that you lost Jill. Congrats. I hate when I am not losing it is hard to stay positive sometimes. I think I have been in such a good mood lately because of the holidays approaching. I love this time of year even though I know it is going to be hard on my weight loss. Keep up the good work.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hang in there usmcwifeb15 - .4 is hardly anything. You are hovering and will probably tip into the lose side today or tomorrow. Just stay strong and remind yourself you CAN do this. You are so close to losing more weight.
    Anyway, this is what I will be telling myself to help me maybe meet my Thanksgiving goal. Today is my weigh-in and I lost .2 .:smile: I'm happy because I am under 134 and I doubted I would get this close to my goal. It will be a real huge struggle now that my substitute teaching assignment is over not to gain anything let alone lose that last pound and a half to get to my Thanksgiving goal. It has already taken me almost 3 months just to lose 7 pounds.
    I will be checking back here over the week-end (my toughest time). I hope to see success stories and get some encouragement to stay within those darn calories.:grumble:
    have a good day all. I'm heading to the gym.
    Zaza
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    We can do it stay strong eveyone work hard one week left !! Then we will all come back together and do the chirstmas challenge!
  • zaza54
    Options
    I like your thinking kirstina!
  • usmcwifeb15
    Options
    Zaza .2 is still a loss so that is great! Weekends are the hardest for me as well. During the week is a piece of cake and I always stay within my calories but the weekends are like my downfall to doing good all week. Not this weekend though I am staying within my calories no doubt about that especially since Thanksgiving is on Thursday. Good luck to everyone. I am all up for the Christmas Challange. Good thinking Kristina!:wink:
  • itssheena
    itssheena Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the christmas Challenge since Thanksgiving is next week and that doesn't give me much time...I just joined today after seeing a nutritionist.

Height 5'3"
    Weight 138 :frown:
    Christmas Goal 134 :smile:

109676.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    No weight loss to report this week :sad: But I'll be joining the Christmas challenge! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    Christmas challenge! I'm definately in!! I think we should do weekly goals or a fun little challenge each week??? I don't know, what do you all think? This is just going to be a really hard time to lose weight, so the more fun we have doing it, the better! Talk to you all soon. Final weigh-in for me will be Monday or Tuesday!
    Good luck to everyone... We can do it!

:smile:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm in...with Halloween candy and fall pies and treats coming, I'm going to need some accountability to keep me on track.

Current weight :flowerforyou: (first time I am actually posting this number) 303 :grumble:
    Thanksgiving goal weight :flowerforyou: 288 (15 pounds lost)
    Stretch Thanksgiving goal weight :flowerforyou: 283 (20 pounds lost)

Just weighed in...and I'm at 287 that means I have met (and exceeded!) my Thanksgiving goal weight and have 4 pounds to lose to reach my stretch goal...not sure I can lose 4 pounds by Thursday, but it definitely motivates me to stay on track 100% until then!
  • zaza54
    Options
    Congratulations BrandNewLaura!!!:flowerforyou: That is a wonderful accomplishment! Successes like yours are very motivating for me.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Congratulations BrandNewLaura!!!:flowerforyou: That is a wonderful accomplishment! Successes like yours are very motivating for me.

Awww thanks so much...I'm proud of small accomplishments, but when I get on that scale and it reads 150...that's when I'll consider myself successful. Although it is awesome to see that for the first time my goal weight is MORE than I have to lose. It was so discouraging to see that I still had 190 pounds to lose when I wanted to get to 150...but now that my goal weight is the higher number, I'm really feeling good.

Congrats to everyone who has been on this journey and is continuing it through Christmas...it's not so much reaching the goal that is important as is making changes and working toward it.

By my birthday (Dec 6) I want to be 285, by Christmas I want to be 277 and by New Years I want to be 275.
  • usmcwifeb15
    Options
    Congratulations Laura on reaching your Thanksgiving goal that is great! You are doing a great job keep up the hard work.
  • usmcwifeb15
    Options
    Christmas challenge! I'm definately in!! I think we should do weekly goals or a fun little challenge each week??? I don't know, what do you all think? This is just going to be a really hard time to lose weight, so the more fun we have doing it, the better! Talk to you all soon. Final weigh-in for me will be Monday or Tuesday!
    Good luck to everyone... We can do it!

:smile:

I think this is a great idea. I know that once Thanksgiving comes it's going to be hard to stay on track. Does everyone want to keep the Christmas Challange off of the Thanksgiving one or start a new thread? Just wondering if someone should start a new one.
  • zaza54
    Options
    Let's start a new thread the day after Thanksgiving. We can give ourselves a break for the holiday. Also, there may be new people who want to join the Christmas challenge.
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    How will I now how to find the new thread? Don't leave me in the dust!
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I dont know who is doing what Christmas Challenge, but here's one that I started (since I didnt hit my goal for thanksgiving... :frown: )

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/31074-holly-jolly-christmas-challenge