Thanksgiving Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• Bjsamps
    Options
    I'm in too! I'm keeping it conservative and saying 10 lb. by Thanksgiving. Hopefully I'll surprise myself!:happy:
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    EGGNOG
    Help, I love eggnog more than life itself! The holiday's are coming, we have to be ready!

96946.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    37 Days everyone till ThanksGiving We can do it !!!!

96414.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • monica5237
    Options
    I'm in! Especially starting Monday when I get back from my race!!!!

Height: 5'10" (large, athletic frame)

Current: 165 (size 10)
    Halloween: 160
    Thanksgiving: 155
    Christmas: 153
    Maintain between 150-155!!!

I just went and looked at your profile cause I was curious what a person would look like at a size 10 and 165 at 5'10
    I am 5'9 and right now I weigh 195 and I am a size 14-16 my goal is to be 165 but I think I might need to get to the 155 my dr wants me to get to if that is a good weight for your height. I do think a size 10 looks great if those are recent pictures of you I have not been a size 10 since I was 10:laugh: well that might be off a little. I have been as big as 263 and I have been losing over the last year I am so tired of being "fat" I want to be healthy. I am getting there!!! I am not stopping till I get there!!! I have not been under 200 pounds since before i got pregnant with my first child and she is now 18. I finally got under 200 two weeks ago

Thank you for the inspiration
  • wynsdayschild
    Options
    me too! me too! I'd set a goal of 20 by Christmas, so it works for me!

Current weight: 239

by Thanksgiving: 229

by X-mas:219
  • wynsdayschild
    Options
    I have not been under 200 pounds since before i got pregnant with my first child and she is now 18. I finally got under 200 two weeks ago

Monica that is awesome! I can't wait to be under 200 again!
  • monica5237
    Options
    I have not been under 200 pounds since before i got pregnant with my first child and she is now 18. I finally got under 200 two weeks ago

Monica that is awesome! I can't wait to be under 200 again!

You can DO it.

I never thought I could and when i was the same age as you I would just always give up. YOu have a 3 year head start on me you are starting 3 years before I did so I am routing for you. I know you can do it If i did I KNOW ANYONE CAN DO IT and that means YOU TOO
  • trf1011
    trf1011 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ok...so I messed up this past weekend. I thought I could control myself in Las Vegas celebrating my 30th bday. I was so wrong...buffets, drinks, too much of everything. I am now starting back from square one. I might have to change my goal from 13lbs to 10lbs. That might still be too over-ambitious. I will try for it...we will see.

Wish me luck
  • cinnamongrl33
    Options
    I am sooo in! I need a jump start and a little challenge sounds great! I am in for 11lbs

Current weight: 205
    Thanksgiving weight :194
    Christmas weight : 183:wink:
  • cinnamongrl33
    Options
    ok, guys, i've already posted that i want to be apart of this challenge, but today i got a phone call from my wedding photographer, who also happens to be an old boss/friend, and he wants to do some engagement photos this Oct. or Nov.!!!!! Yikes!!!:frown:

So now more than ever this challenge is going to help, although i think i need to step it up a notch and try and get down to 144 by Halloween, then try and be at 138 by thanksgiving! AAAGGHHH So much work ahead! Help keep me motivated people i'm going to need lots of support!

Thanks!
    Laura

I am a professional photographer and I know that if you let your photographer know your concerns they can pose you in some very flattering poses. Wear solid colors and long sleeves. Make sure you are comfortable in your outfit and try on your undergarments you are going to wear (look for bulges) If you feel good it will show in your photos. If all else fails...photoshop is an amazing tool! I have taken out love handles,flattened bellies and minimized hips. And yes,it's true......EVERY WOMAN IN A MAGAZINE IS RETOUCHED...EVEN THE SKINNY ONES! Have fun.:flowerforyou:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Especially starting Monday when I get back from my race!!!!

Height: 5'10" (large, athletic frame)

Current: 165 (size 10)
    Halloween: 160
    Thanksgiving: 155
    Christmas: 153
    Maintain between 150-155!!!

I just went and looked at your profile cause I was curious what a person would look like at a size 10 and 165 at 5'10
    I am 5'9 and right now I weigh 195 and I am a size 14-16 my goal is to be 165 but I think I might need to get to the 155 my dr wants me to get to if that is a good weight for your height. I do think a size 10 looks great if those are recent pictures of you I have not been a size 10 since I was 10:laugh: well that might be off a little. I have been as big as 263 and I have been losing over the last year I am so tired of being "fat" I want to be healthy. I am getting there!!! I am not stopping till I get there!!! I have not been under 200 pounds since before i got pregnant with my first child and she is now 18. I finally got under 200 two weeks ago

Thank you for the inspiration

OO ME too!!!
    <3 you girls for bringing this up...
    I'm 5'7 or 5'8 (they always change it at the doctor) currently I'm stuck at 173 and at a size 10 (athletic) and I would like to be down to 150-155 size 6-8... at the same time, I've been stuck at 173 for so like a month and i've been wondering if my body is really trying to tell me that this is a good weight hahaha. glad to see others are looking at a similar goal!
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    ok, guys, i've already posted that i want to be apart of this challenge, but today i got a phone call from my wedding photographer, who also happens to be an old boss/friend, and he wants to do some engagement photos this Oct. or Nov.!!!!! Yikes!!!:frown:

So now more than ever this challenge is going to help, although i think i need to step it up a notch and try and get down to 144 by Halloween, then try and be at 138 by thanksgiving! AAAGGHHH So much work ahead! Help keep me motivated people i'm going to need lots of support!

Thanks!
    Laura

I am a professional photographer and I know that if you let your photographer know your concerns they can pose you in some very flattering poses. Wear solid colors and long sleeves. Make sure you are comfortable in your outfit and try on your undergarments you are going to wear (look for bulges) If you feel good it will show in your photos. If all else fails...photoshop is an amazing tool! I have taken out love handles,flattened bellies and minimized hips. And yes,it's true......EVERY WOMAN IN A MAGAZINE IS RETOUCHED...EVEN THE SKINNY ONES! Have fun.:flowerforyou:

Thanks cinnamongrl33!
    I'm a professional photographer too! So ya, i know the pics will look good, but you're right i need to "feel" good about them and i'll look good in them. (I love photoshop too!!! It's the best little tool out there!!!)

I haven't been doing very well this week, actually i've done quite terrible. i did really good last week (exercise and eating right), but didn't lose anything, I got frustrated b/c i've been at this weight FOREVER.:explode: so this week i just didn't have any motivation. I haven't exercised once, i've eaten terrible, and i've had a few beers this week, where i usually wait till the weekend. And my job sucks, they took away my overtime and that's an extra $200/week for me to pay bills, so now i have no idea what i'm going to do. So overall this week has been a real downer! But next week is always another week. I'd start everything again tomorrow, but still....have NO motivation.

But thru all of this, i've only gained 2lbs. And really i vary b/w 150-152 any given week, so it hasn't been that bad.
    -Laura
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning (feels like night since it's still dark out and I've already been up over an hour).
    Just checking in for the challenge. While I have been a yo-yo since starting mfp in late August, I am managing to go in the right direction just before my weigh-ins.
    Challenge starting weight: 138.4
    Last week: 138.2
    Today: 137.6
    I cherish those tenths of a pound!:laugh:
    There have just been too many distractions/temptations this month. Today is the 3rd birthday this month - this time it's my husband. He's making wonderful moussaka for dinner. I'm sure he'll make a great dessert too. Then there's my niece's baby shower tomorrow and a night out-of-town. Oh well. For once, I may actually look forward to Monday. Have a great week-end everyone.
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I FINALLY broke my plateau! I'd been stuck at 173 for weeeeeeeeeks, but this week I weighed in at 169.5!!! That's 3.5 lbs gone! Oh my friggin' gosh! :laugh:

Height 5'7''- 5'8''
    Starting weight 215
    Challenge Start Weight 173
    Current Weight 169.5
    Thanksgiving Goal 162
    Final Goal 155

lbs lost this week: 3.5!
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Huge congrats Jill! Congrats to everyone who is still working your butts off...literally! You are all an inspiration to me. Keep up the good work!

96946.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am so excited I weighed in today and dropped 3lbs! That makes me so happy. I have 7 more to go to accomplish my Thanksgiving goal. It really helps keep you motivated when you lose the weight it makes me feel great and I don't want to stop.

Starting weight-153.4
    10/17/08-150.4
    Thanksgiving goal-143
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    Have a great weekend.everyone and dont overwork yourselfs .
  • dancer33
    dancer33 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

weight.png
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    Well im not looking to forward to my weigh in on monday. Been sick all week ill be ok as long as there no gain. Hope the weekend is going ok for everyone.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I am in need of some serious motivation. I think I have binged every day this week. Sunday was my first official splurge day since starting this weight loss journey, but the splurge never ended...it was never intentional to let that one day turn into a week but it somehow just happened...now I know that I am not yet strong enough to do splurge days...I am never going to reach my Thanksgiving goal at this rate, and I am desperately hoping that I won't show a gain tomorrow morning on the scale...I just need to get ahold of myself and remind myself why I started this in the first place. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new week and a new commitment to doing this right...I CAN'T do what I did this week again...