Thanksgiving Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• ladybug2
    Options
    Hi been a couple of days--watching the GKS well I'm down to 235.8 an improvement --still trying to get the ticker tape added--got to go DH wants to check on his fantasy football.:happy:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I am in need of some serious motivation. I think I have binged every day this week. Sunday was my first official splurge day since starting this weight loss journey, but the splurge never ended...it was never intentional to let that one day turn into a week but it somehow just happened...now I know that I am not yet strong enough to do splurge days...I am never going to reach my Thanksgiving goal at this rate, and I am desperately hoping that I won't show a gain tomorrow morning on the scale...I just need to get ahold of myself and remind myself why I started this in the first place. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new week and a new commitment to doing this right...I CAN'T do what I did this week again...

Somehow, by a miracle of God, I lost 3 pounds this week...don't know how...but I did...yay!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking with it...but AF showed up along with 2 pounds :grumble:

I'm hoping in a week I'll at least be back down to what my ticker says!
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow! I'm really nervous - had a bad eating week! :ohwell: Hopefully my workouts will payoff! Wish me luck.

96946.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    It's monday and I just knew there wouldnt be a loss. Thankfully no gain. Im almost through being sick so hopefully this week will be much better. Happy monday and weigh in to all.

96414.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • sully
    sully Posts: 12
    Options
    :happy: count me in....
    this is a great site, very helpful....
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I am up almost a pound! I ate crappy all week, so this week I am going to be good again!
    I hate to see my number go up! :sad:

96946.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    Its ok that it went up. everyone is allowed to slip everyonce in awhile. So get motivated and continue on, you can do it!!!

96414.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    Checking in ~ been on vacation.
    Lost .8 pound since last weigh in :smile:
    Thanksgiving goal: 122
    This week: 124.6 (Haven't been at this weight in YEARS!)
    Lost 14 pounds since April :bigsmile: .
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    You go !!!! Hope everyone is doing good. Still sick this week but im trying ,dont want to loose anymore time every day wasted is not good.

96414.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Dupes119
    Options
    Im in..
    Starting weight: 160
    Weight now: 148
    Weight Goal: 135
    Weight for Thanksgiving: 140
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Well no change in weight. but i did really, really good this week. I watched my food (calories, fat, carbs, etc.) and kept everything really close to the goals. i actually upped my cal. intake to 1300, I was at 1240 and know that is really low, thinking that is why i haven't been losing. so we'll see next week if this works ( i might even up it even more). But i have found that the extra cal. plus my exercise cal. are a lot more food than i thought.

I also got my butt outside, in the drizzle, to run w/ my pup. I was so proud of myself. I only lasted like 10 min. but I walked for another 20. And I'm planning on running again tonight! So maybe next week we'll see some changes. I'm also getting a new scale today or tomorrow, i don't have a digital one and it is really hard to tell what i really weigh, so i want something more accurate.

So anyway, my goals have changed a little, b/c i wanted to be 145 by now and am still not there:

Last week: 152
    This week: 152
    Thanksgiving goal: 146 (1 lb a week)
    Overall goal: 130-135

Good luck everyone!!!! And keep up the good work!!!!
    Laura
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Height 5'7''
    Starting weight 215
    Current Weight 170
    Thanksgiving Goal 162
    Final Goal 155

Gained half a lb this week....
    but it was one of my best friend's 21st birthday. And last week I lost 3.5 lbs... So I'm ok with that. lol.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Jill, you've made great progress! A half pound gain this week is nothing, especially since you lost so much last week.
    As for me, I'm progressing slowly.
    Starting weight for this challenge: 138.4
    Weight last Week: 137.6
    Current Weight: 136.6
    So, I'm happy.:happy: The challenge now is not to gain it back and to keep moving towards my Thanksgiving goal of 132. So near, but so far! On that note, I'm going to go take a walk in the brisk Fall sunshine before the rain comes tomorrow. Have a good week-end everyone!
  • msblondy16
    Options
    Hi! Is it too late for me to join? I have been "serious" about weight loss for over two months now but I feel like I have been a lot of talk. It is crunch time for me now because I go back to the States to visit my friends and family in only 7 short weeks and I want to look good! Currently I am about 10 lbs. (a rough estimate) up from what I was when I left 5 months ago. Loneliness and missing my friends made me turn to lots and lots of GOOD food and AMAZING chocolate...

But I am back to my old ways of working out daily and eating sensibly so hopefully that will bring my other body back! Thanks for the great challenge! It is time to go HARD!

CW: 66 kg (~145 lbs.)
    Thanksgiving GW: 62 kg (~136 lbs.)

Have a great weekend all. :flowerforyou:
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Yeah I weighed in today and I am down another 2lbs!
    Starting weight 158.5
    Starting MFP 153.4
    10/17/08 150.4
    Current Weight 148.0
    Thanksgiving Goal 143
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Great work usmcwifeb15!
  • majic
    majic Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am also in! My goal will be 11 LBS!

Starting weight 230
    Current weight 227

Weight by Thanksgiving will be 216!!
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Yeah I weighed in today and I am down another 2lbs!
    Starting weight 158.5
    Starting MFP 153.4
    10/17/08 150.4
    Current Weight 148.0
    Thanksgiving Goal 143

WHOO You're doing a great job! Keep it up girl!
  • ladybug2
    Options
    Hi weighing today 235.8 down 1,2#'s :happy: